Mutterkorn

Elemental Healing

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

in my raid, there is an Elemental Shaman who uses his Healing Tide Totem to support us Healers.

I wondered, if using Ancestral Guidance while doing Damage wouldn't be a greater benefit.

Heres what i calculated:

Spellpower: 21.000, DPS about 54.000

Healing Tide Totem

4932 + 10.164 (48,4% of 21.000) = 15.096 x 5 People x 6 Ticks (according to Hastetables) = 452.880 Total Heal

Ancestral Guidance

54.000 DPS x 40% = 21.600 x 10 sec x 3 People = 648.000 Total Heal

If this Calculation is right, you just need to make about 38.000 DPS to be more effective using Ancestral Guidance over the Healing Tide Totem.

Edit: Not to forget the shorter Cooldown

Edit 2: And he could use Ascendeance

Now you are alowed to rip my poor math appart. ;-)

Greetings

Mutterkorn

Edited by Mutterkorn

I'm not too sure about this either. Dropping healing tide seems a little easier and perhaps more "situational" at the least, in terms of movement heavy damage periods.

We have a elemental shaman and a resto shaman in our group and between them they cant decide!

I think it depends heavily on the situation. Remember that while AG is over 3 people, HTT is for *five* and so can be more useful when there's wide and very heavy raid damage.

On the other hand, if the whole raid is stacked (like on Gara'Jal) you could use Conductivity. I think that's a lot less useful for Elemental than Enhancement though due to the cast time.

You are right about the number of people being healed. But HTT does it every 2 seconds and AG every Time you deal Damage to the three lowest raid members. Isn't that true?

So, at what rate does an elemental shaman deal Damage? Isn't that the question.

You are right about the number of people being healed. But HTT does it every 2 seconds and AG every Time you deal Damage to the three lowest raid members. Isn't that true?

So, at what rate does an elemental shaman deal Damage? Isn't that the question.

Ancestral Guidance

That depends on what buffs are up (e.g. Heroism) and whether it procs off Mastery procs. I have no idea about that.

Also, HTT is completely intelligent, but AG might not be - I don't know whether it targets the three **most damaged** members or just three **damaged** members of the raid. HTT is a true smartheal. Also, AG might not be useful in heavy movement fights (e.g. ... um... Garalon? Wind Lord?) whereas HTT can be forgotten about as soon as it's placed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Epos
      Hey all. I'm interested in what kind of add-ons people may be using for healing. I have tried healbot in the past and I'll be honest, I hate it.  Currently I am using a 12 button Naga with ELVUI  and its been decent , but I'm curious to know if there is something else out there I might find beneficial. I'm in the process of learning mouse over macro's  but I have a ways to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Epøs
    • By Pandacho
      I'm starting this new thread for the Legion expansion where you can post or request shaman weakauras.
    • By VampAurora
      This is a guide for Overwatch mechanics that might be useful. It will constantly be updated, with new info and additions. If you have any suggestions/corrections to enrich the topic, feel free to share them below.
      Shields & Barriers
      Shields are a vital part in Overwatch as they can protect yourself and your allies from enemy fire. But do they always protect you?
      The answer is no. Melee attacks as well as Reinhardt's Rocket Hammer, Torbjörn's Forge Hammer and Symmetra's Energy Ball ignore enemy shields. Additionally, Winston's Tesla Cannon will hit both the shield and the enemy behind it.

Zarya's barriers grant 200 barrier to herself or an ally for 2 seconds and they are not visible on the health bar whatsoever. On the other hand, Lúcio's ultimate ability (Sound Barrier) grants 500 barrier to himself and allies within a 30 meter range, which immediately begins decaying 83 points per second until empty (6 seconds total duration), and it is visible on the health bar.
      Barriers don't reduce damage, don't regenerate, and can't be healed. Shields don't reduce damage , but regenerate 20.5 points per second after you have taken no damage for 3 seconds.
      Armor
      Bastion, Reinhardt, Winston, and D.Va have armor by default. Torbjörn can drop armor packs which grant 75 armor to any ally that picks it up, He can also gain 300 armor for 12 seconds when using his ultimate ability (Molten Core), while Bastion gains 150 armor for 8 seconds when using his own ultimate ability (Configuration: Tank).
      Whenever armor takes damage, it reduces the damage by half, but not by more than 5 damage per individual hit. Critical hits (Headshots) double damage before any armor reduction. For instance, Widowmaker's headshot would deal 295 damage (120 x 2.5 = 300 - 5 = 295).
      Damage Boost
      Certain abilities in Overwatch can boost a character's damage output either by boosting their own  actual damage or by amplifying the damage the enemy will take. Those abilities are Mercy's Caduceus Staff and Zenyatta's Orb of Discord, respectively. Mercy's ability will increase an ally's damage for 30% while Zenyatta's Orb will amplify the damage your enemy will take by 50%.
      When combined, the bonuses are additive, not multiplicative, meaning that utilising both will increase your damage by 80%. Finally, damage boosts do not stack, so in other words, getting boosted by two Mercies will still give you just 30%.
      Headshots (Critical Hits)
      Headshots can be game-changing as they can finish off your opponents much easier and give your team more space to focus on targets and handle a situation. Headshots have a x2 multiplier meaning that an 100 damage body shot will translate into a 200 damage hit if it was a headshot. Melee attacks and auto-aim abilities like Symmetra's Photon Projector or Winston's Tesla Cannon, cannot crit. The only exception to the headshot multiplier applies to Widowmaker, as she has a x2.5 headshot multiplier, meaning an 120 damage body shot will deal 300 headshot damage, instead of 240.
      Heroes Health & Hit Points
      Each hero in Overwatch has a different Health Pool and a sum of Hit Points, and you can see each of them below:
      600 Health Heroes: Roadhog 300 Health Heroes: Reinhardt 400 Health Heroes: Winston 250 Health Heroes: Reaper, Mei 200 Health Heroes: Genji, McCree, Pharah, Soldier: 76, Hanzo, Junkrat, Torbjörn, Widowmaker, Lúcio, Mercy, Bastion, Zarya 150 Health Heroes: Tracer, D.Va Pilot 100 Health Heroes: D.Va Mech, Symmetra 50 Health Heroes: Zenyatta These numbers might seem strange to you, and you would be right as you are used to see the combined hit points. Of course Zenyatta doesn't have only 50 points to shoot him at. The following heroes have armor or shield additions to their basic health points.

Bastion and Winston have an added 100 points Armor, Reinhardt has a 200 points one and D.Va Mech a respectful 400 points Armor.
      Zarya has 200 added points of Shield while Symmetra and Zenyatta have an 100 points one.
      Healing & Health Packs
      In every map you can find various Health Packs. The small ones will heal for 75 health while the big ones will heal for 250 health, practically making them a full heal for almost every hero. The small packs have a respawn rate of 10 seconds while the big ones have a 15 second respawn window.
      When you receive healing, it applies in a specific order to each type of hit points until that type is full. The order stands as below:
      Health Armor (Not the ability-granted armor) Shields
      Junkrat's traps, his ultimate ability (RIP-Tire) and Torbjorn's Turret can be healed if they are placed over health packs, but they can't be healed in any other way.
      Lúcio's Crossfade, when toggled to healing mode, passively heals allies and himself within 30 meters (when in sight), for 12.5 hit points per second, or 40 hit points per second during Amp It Up (which lasts 3 seconds). Mercy's Caduceus Staff heals an ally for 50 hit points per second in a range of 15 meters. Soldier: 76's Biotic Field heals himself and allies within 5 meters for 40 hit points per second. Zenyatta's Orb of Harmony heals the targeted ally for 30 hit points per second. His ultimate ability (Transcendence) heals all allies, as well as himself, within 10 meters for 130 hit points per second for 6 seconds. In maps including a payload, the payload will heal heroes on the attacking team for 10 hit points per second while they are within a 5 meter range (the same distance required to actually move the payload forward). Last but not least, the Spawn Room will heal you for a vast 400 hit points per second.

• By Ishkur
      Hello fellow shamans,
      I'm a freshly boosted shaman. Never played one before but I am keen on healing with him. I've been asking new raid to let him in and they allow it.
      I'm there as a resto shaman and I'm pulling very low number/ranking compared to both warcraftlogs and askmrrobot. I know my gears and enchants are not the optimal but I feel like with a solid rotation/priority I should be able to do better before concentrating on gearing.
      I did some research (mainly through google and chainheal) and I did try to maximize Riptide, Healing Stream Totem and Elemental Blast. As well as keeping uptime on Earth Shield and using Chainheal as fillers, but the numbers are way worse than I've imagined it would be. 
      I'd highly appreciated it if someone could help me with some pointers in resto shaman.
      Character name: Dianny
      Here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qczpPJdwTXZG4ayN#fight=34&type=summary
      My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Dianny/simple

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. Any feedbacks and criticism are highly appreciated.

• By GeneXX
      Heyo,

I just want to share my Weakauras with you 

Thanks and credit to Fragnance for the Layout - I took his WAs and changed them up for the Elemental Shaman.

Screenshot:

String:
      http://pastebin.com/i8Afzdrh

Enjoy