Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Restoration] What am I missing? Need some help!

4 posts in this topic

Hello amazing forum. Long time fan here. I've been raiding/healing on resto for almost two years now and I feel as though I am missing something. I mean, (I think) I know what to do in most situations, but my throughput just isn't as good as the other resto druid in my raiding group, and sometimes, I'm just straight up embarrassed (i'm glad when he goes boomy, but my throughput still stinks!). So critique and analyze away, I really need it.

Guild Heroic Runs:

Thank you so much for your time & insights!

Use wild growth more, keep a higher uptime on lifebloom, harmony is at about 70% uptime, remember to keep it up, it's bonus healing. I would suggest using Dream of Cen, and Soul of the Forest for the majority of the encounters, just wrath during low damage periods, and use swiftmend+wild growth and get high on the meters. I realise keeping a high uptime on lifebloom isn't always priority, as you can see from these logs, I was slacking on it just because the tanks weren't really taking much damage, but I was also missing out on free regrowths.

Looking at your logs you are overhealing the content, dont need 4 healers for 14 man.

Other than that you need to work on a few things.

Your uptime on lifebloom is low (62%), lifebloom procs clearcasting which gives you free regrowths, its important you try to keep lifebloom uptime close to 100%. Also try to keep wild mushroom up for close to 100% aswell since its very mana efficient.

Your Harmony uptime is low aswell (70%) i would say this is even more important than lifebloom uptime because having harmony up equals alot of extra output as a resto druid.

Also it seems like theres quite few casts in general, at somepoints in the fight you were just standing there doing nothing, you should always cast something during the fight, if you dont need to heal at one specific moment you should cast wrath and moonfires.

An easy way to keep track of the uptime on various spells is the use of weakauras, makes the job more simple.

Thank you both for your feedback. That fight was Hans & Frans, and I've been working on healing better on the move.

Here are a few more logs from the past couple of days. Please, critique away! Please note some of these are from pugs. I'm Zingaraa

HBeastlord (pug):

Guild Run:

Thanks again :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By xaero
      I'm curious how you prioritize your stats as a resto shaman. This is me at the moment:
      Although I'm a bit heavy on crit at the moment, I try to prioritize like this:
      Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Versatility
      But I want to try and put some numbers behind this. For DPS I just sim my character to find the optimal weights, but as you probably know this is not as straight forward as a resto shaman, because no simulation is available at this point. And its hard to simulate accurately because of how our mastery works.
      What kind of stat weights are you operating with when trying to determine optimal gear?
    • By RishardExodusBurrell
      I'm maining Resto Druid in Legion and I've been browsing the forums for advice and hints to improve my healing. I've found lots of information here so I thought I'd give back. One thing I failed to see anyone mention in a lot of the threads I read is the Artifact trait Dreamwalker. People were discussing ways to save mana and ways to improve their healing and I feel this accomplishes both. It's passive but I feel if you were to play close attention to making sure you have rejuv on the targets that have wild growth, you'll get much more healing out of those expensive wild growth casts. We all know the SW>WG>Flourish>EoG combo but if you prep your targets with rejuv beforehand, you can get even more healing out of this bread and butter combo. I just wanted to bring more attention to the trait because I didn't see anyone mention it. Also please feel free to leave any other tips you feel aren't being brought up often enough. Thanks guys.
    • By Jorno
      Good morning Icy Veins,
      I've been watching some videos to improve my UI from a resto druid perspective. I found this video from Method vs Xavius from the POV of their holy paladin. This video shows a lot of different addons, but i'm mainly curious about the addon which is used for the raid frames and on click healing.
      My assuption this is Vudho or Healbot in combination with Elvui?, but i would like to have your feedback. This friday i'll be starting to set up my UI so any help you guys can provide me would be perfect.
      My main goal is to have a almost standard single player UI, but a more slick and healer friendly UI for mythic + and Raiding.
      Thank you :)
      PS. If you have any video's/screens of your own UI (resto druid prefered)  i'm happy to copy it over ;)
    • By Wellisso
      Hello Icy Veins,
      i started doing HC raids  the past days and realized i get a huge mana problem when bosses are at ~30% often. I already read the resto druid guide and always get to use "Innervate" twice a fight but around the execute phase i drop to 0 mana,
      Latest Log:
      Would be great if you could give some advices or other tips.
      (Sorry for bad english - not my main language)
    • By Collybuds
      <Garden> is 1/7M, and is looking for a skilled resto shaman, resto druid, and shadow priest for mythic progression. We are always accepting applications from skilled players of any class. We are a relatively laid back raiding guild, raiding twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays 830est-1130est. We request our raiders to be online 15 minutes before raid, and some nights we will raid past raid time to secure a kill. Visit "" for more information.
      If you have any questions feel free to message me in-game at; Collybuds#1702 or just submit an application on the guild website which will be reviewed.