FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Clementie

Resto Druid in of HELP!

Hello All,

I need some help!  My HPS seems a bit low, and I need some advice on how to up my healing.  My role in raids is to focus on the tank/off tank  and raid heal as I can.  I've taken up this role for two reasons: I am the most consistent healer, being that I am almost always there, and two, because my BF is the main tank, and since we live together, it's easier for us to coordinate cool downs between us.

My ilvl is currently 890, I have two legendaries, and my artifact is maxed.  I do have two other legendaries in my bags, but they are the neck putting me in my own little bubble, and the pvp ring.  Below are my current stats.

I realize I use RegrowthRegrowth more than I should, but it generally is my "OH SHIT" button.

What can I change to up my healing and help the raid?

Armory: Clementie

HPS: Raid Night

2017-06-07 18_10_46-Clementie - WoW.png

Hey =)

I can se one thing asap u can do to make ur healing better/higher. When u go tank healing u should always go Germination so u can apply two Rejuvenation to the same target. That is like rule nr 1 for tank healing as druid. 

/Zperit

Two things that might help your HPS go up is if you make sure to keep lifebloom always up and use your cenarion ward on cooldown. That will add to extra hot's to your target which will increase the healing you do to them by around 20% because of your mastery. also if you have at least your two piece set bonus you will want to use wild growth a lot more to gain the extra 4k mastery which will increase your hps quite a bit. Also like manne82 said you should take germination so you can have two rejuv on the same target which will also help increase your hps due to your mastery. you should also use swiftmend more often as it is a large heal when you have multiple hots on someone

Also since you have the dark titans embrace equipped you should always be keeping life bloom up since that legendary gives it a chance to heal for its final healing ammount.

Edited by dragonswarm
Adding more comments

One suggestion I could make is that you should try and drop some of that haste to favor more mastery, your mastery gains value the more hots you have on a person, if you keep lifebloom, cenarion ward, 2x rejuvs each heal is gaining for your mastery. Realistically keeping those up and casting regrowth only when you have clearcasting procs your tanks should be alright. Also if you refresh lifebloom when it is below i believe 30% duration it will bloom early which is where the biggest heal on it comes from. So you can recast it strategically so it blooms when the tank actually needs healing rather than just at the end of its duration, alot of times lifebloom ends up overhealing anyways, especially with dark titans. Also let your hots work on the tanks, they do not have to be at 100% life all of the time, unless there is a hard hitting boss ability coming up you shouldn't really have to spam regrowth to bring them to full life, that should be a last resort if you aren't able to make lifebloom bloom, use a swiftmend, pop essence of ghanir. Sorry for rambling but if you are running flourish you should try to ALWAYS flourish with cenarion ward applied to the tank since it is our strongest hot. 

Hey 

A couple of things I'd add
Firstly a bit of context, Druids aren't really the 'best' tank healers, their heals are more suited to raid healing (that's not to say you can't do it, just that your spells aren't as efficient for this role as Pally or Shammy for example)

So therefore if your role is keep the tanks alive and you are keeping the tanks alive then you are doing your job and I wouldn't worry too much about hps :)

That said here's a few things that might help

1. Aim to reduce haste to around 20% while increasing your mastery - start by replacing the neck enchant with Mark of the Trained Soldier. 
For stat weighting maybe install Pawn Addon and use the Resto template there.

2. Use Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus rather than the boots, as the neck gives you free heals (ie uses no mana) and keeps you alive longer, less need to heal yourself means more time to heal others :) The boot's bonus doesn't really add that much healing tbh.

3. Feral affinity isn't really that useful as there are few fights in Nighthold where you have to move quickly, I'd recommend Guardian Affinity as this will reduce damage taking meaning less time needed to heal yourself

4. Look to get the 4 set tier bonus as the free rejuvenations are useful (it might even be worth using raid finder gear for this)

5. Try the synergy between tier 1 prosperity and tier 5 Soul of The Forest using the following rotation
Swiftmend (Tank) - Wild Growth (tank) - Flourish 
or if tank is really low 
Swiftmend (Tank) - Regrowth - Essence of G'hanir

6- Use Essence of G'hanir more often - you can save it for 'oh crap' moments but using on cooldown may be more efficient especially if you have lots of DOTs up at the time

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Taulus
added some more detail