Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allanon13

Yet Another, Holy Priest Help!

4 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Priest brethren!

Quick background.  I have played Disc.  Always.  Period.  Swapped to holy for new guild.  My numbers SUCK.  I am aware it will get better as I get more comfortable with the playstyle, however, I'm attempting to determine the major holes in my playstyle before focusing on fine tuning.

Logs for last w/e's raids:

Logs  (I'm Redruum) (Sorry for Robot, thought we had a WCL running but I guess not)

Armory link:

Armory

I still need to shift some of my enchants from Mastery to MS (was wanting to make sure I was going to do this for sure before doing everything) so I know I need to fix that.

As I said above I am trying to find where the major holes are in my game so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Your may want to try using Chakra:Serenity for bosses where you notice that using circle of healing on cooldown would cause a lot of overhealing. Holy Word Serenity is a great ability to use in this chakra for single target healing or to refresh a renew that is about to expire.

You are also not using your stacks of Serendipity enough as I do see a lot of Flash Heals and Binding Heals but a very low amount of Prayer of Healings and Heals. With 2 stacks of serendipity, Heal is cast as fast as Flash Heal (but of course much cheaper in mana) and Prayer of Healing becomes nearly as good as Circle of Healing and is great for fights with a lot of AoE (Kromog for example, where you did not even use this ability).

Holy Word Sanctuary has the potential to heal decently and be mana efficient if all of the heals connect, but in practice, either your group moves away from it or there are not enough damaged people in it and you end up overhealing a lot so I would recommend to either be more careful on where and when to place it or to not bother casting it.

Good thing about BRF tier for holy I have found and actually enjoy is the extra prayers of mending. Its well worth using divine insight as a talent since it instantly bounces once proced and having the 20% chance to gain a stack of serendipity. That makes your prayers of healing and heal 40% faster and less mana with 2 stacks and doesn't overheal. Teamed with Chakra: serenity and surge of light it will relieve mama trouble and get out big heals quickly

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormcaster
      I will keep this brief as I know folks like to get to the point!
      We are a 7/7M 3/3H raid team looking to add one Resto Shaman or one Holy/Disc Priest to our core raid team. We are on the PVE server Uldum and have been raiding since Vanilla. We raid Tues and Thurs from 8-11 EST and Sunday from 7-11EST. Hit me up in game if this sounds like a match with what you are looking for and we can chat, look at logs, etc!
      Stormcaster#1629

• By Zhorael
      We've just managed to clear EN on Normal (we're a casual raiding guild) and whilst we downed every boss, I feel as though my healing is really low and I'm struggling with Mana management.
      Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ajub5x3d6lvs3gaw/
      Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Zhorael/simple
      My overhealing is really high which gets pointed out on most bosses and whilst I try and watch what I'm doing I just can't seem to reduce it. I think I manage to last at least 2/3's of a boss fight before I start struggling with Mana and my heals start slacking.
      Another issue I find I'm having is the Artifact Path, I've read something which tells me one way and something else that tells me another. Is there a certain path I'm supposed to be taking?
      Also, are my stat weights where they need to be?
      We're planning on starting Heroic next week and i'd appreciate any input that anyone has :)

• By Hazno
      I just had a look at the suggested "BiS" list, and considering Mastery is our top stat priority, why are the following rings suggested:
      Mindrend Band + Grubby Silver Ring
      Instead of:
      Mindrend Band + Dreadful Cyclopean Signet ?
      Is it simply to give us some Versatility, considering Grubby Silver Ring is the only item on our suggested BiS list that actually has Versatility? Or is it mainly to provide us with additional Crit, considering Crit is our second secondary stat? But then again, Twice-Warped Azsharan Signet should be a better choice since it has even more Crit, in addition to Haste (which has a greater stat priority than Versatility). Unless Grubby Silver Ring has been chosen specifically just to provide us with some Versatility, that is.
      I know the BiS list is more of a guideline, but I'm genuinely curious about this choice when there seems to be two better options from the same raid tier.
      Am I missing something here?
    • By Cerenitee
      Moist is a Horde guild located on Illidan and is recruiting for our Core Mythic raid group. We are a 9 hour raiding guild making quick progression through The Emerald Nightmare!

We are currently looking to fill Core DPS/Healing raid spots.

Current Recruitment Needs

Damage:
      Monk: Windwalker
      Hunter: Marksmen
      Paladin: Ret
      Priest: Shadow

Healers:
      Druid: Resto
      Paladin: Holy

Other specs will be considered assuming you can perform to a superior standard.

Current Progression

The Emerald Nightmare
      7/7 Normal
      5/7 Heroic

Raid Times

Monday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST
      Tuesday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST
      Wednesday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us

<Moist> is a guild that strives to push progression with a very short raid week. We expect our top raiders to know the insides and outs of their class and come to raid prepared. With a 9 hour raid week we expect everyone to play the best to their ability. Outside of raid nights we have plenty of activities happening ranging from alt runs, mount runs to other games outside of WoW such as League of Legends, HoTs, Hearthstone, and random steam games just to name a few.

What we expect from you:
      A reasonable level of dedication
      The ability to take criticism
      The ability to learn from your mistakes
      Something, something sense of humor

What to expect from us:
      Friendly environment
      People to laugh, and have fun with
      Progress oriented raid nights
      Optional non-raid-night activities (mog and mount runs, BGs, Arenas)

Loot
      We are currently using Personal Loot. So far everyone really seems to be enjoying it. There is a lot less drama with Personal Loot than the normal Master loot most guilds do.

If you're interested in learning more about us or applying to the guild please apply at Guildismoist.enjin.com - Click on the Recruitment tab on the menu bar. If you have any questions please feel free to message us in game or post below.

Quakenbush
      Cerenitie (Cerenitee#1650)
      Pip (Piptooth#1430)
    • By Swagsurfer
      Okay guys... What the heck is up with the holy paladin legendaries? The only one that is remotely useful is the shoulders, and i cant imagine them giving much either... While most other classes have 2 or 3 super sick ones, we are left with this garbage.. What happened??