Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Timewalking Dungeons

4 posts in this topic

Gear scale accordingly in Timewalking dungeons to the item level of the expansion, so I was wondering if I used the inv_weapon_glave_01.jpgWarglaive of Azzinoth in BC expansions and inv_axe_113.jpgShadowmourne in WotlK dungeons, will it be better than current gear?

If I went back to BC and WotlK dungeons to farm gear, that the gear I get there won't be scaled down and will become BiS gear.

If this is true, does anyone have the BiS lists for BC and WotlK?

Also, if I use stave_2h_tarecgosa_e_01stagefinal.jpgDragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest in BC and WotlK dungeons, will it also be OP?

They only scale down, not up. So Warglaives would be useless in WotLK+, Shadowmourne in Cata+, and Dragonwrath in MoP+. But you could use Dragonwrath in BC or WotLK and have it own face.

From what I've seen the weapon damage is being scaled to roughly (with in a few DPS) of current weapons scaled down, at least that is what it was doing for me and my bow. The PROC from the old weapons is what is OP. If you're a hunter, you're screwed since the proc was free ammo...a proc that was made useless when ammo was removed.

The other procs though are very good.

For farming the gear...I don't know if it will do much good. I think it is all fairly normalized. Even if the gear from then WAS BiS for Timewalking, Timewalking is so easy I don't see it doing any good. But if you want to try it out, go for it.

So I finally got stave_2h_tarecgosa_e_01stagefinal.jpgDragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest last week (YEAH!!!), and attempted to take it on a test drive in the TW dungeons, got NO procs. Checked the forums and saw that Fangs of the Father is also not working.

Edited by Archimage

They only scale down, not up. So Warglaives would be useless in WotLK+, Shadowmourne in Cata+, and Dragonwrath in MoP+. But you could use Dragonwrath in BC or WotLK and have it own face.

I know this is a necro thread, but it was on the first page of a google search concerning Timewalking BiS.

While it is correct that they do not scale up, it is incorrect to say they are useless, at least for Shadowmourne.  Shadowmourne is still BiS for Cata TW because of the sockets, procs, and the ilvl that cata TW is scaled down to.  It is slightly lower ilvl, and as such, DPS stat on the weapon, but its other features still make it BiS.

No idea for Glaives, and the other examples don't apply as there are no MoP TW (yet) and the stat squish didn't effect its content. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0