Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Archimage

Timewalking Dungeons

4 posts in this topic

Gear scale accordingly in Timewalking dungeons to the item level of the expansion, so I was wondering if I used the inv_weapon_glave_01.jpgWarglaive of Azzinoth in BC expansions and inv_axe_113.jpgShadowmourne in WotlK dungeons, will it be better than current gear?

If I went back to BC and WotlK dungeons to farm gear, that the gear I get there won't be scaled down and will become BiS gear.

If this is true, does anyone have the BiS lists for BC and WotlK?

Also, if I use stave_2h_tarecgosa_e_01stagefinal.jpgDragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest in BC and WotlK dungeons, will it also be OP?

They only scale down, not up. So Warglaives would be useless in WotLK+, Shadowmourne in Cata+, and Dragonwrath in MoP+. But you could use Dragonwrath in BC or WotLK and have it own face.

From what I've seen the weapon damage is being scaled to roughly (with in a few DPS) of current weapons scaled down, at least that is what it was doing for me and my bow. The PROC from the old weapons is what is OP. If you're a hunter, you're screwed since the proc was free ammo...a proc that was made useless when ammo was removed.

The other procs though are very good.

For farming the gear...I don't know if it will do much good. I think it is all fairly normalized. Even if the gear from then WAS BiS for Timewalking, Timewalking is so easy I don't see it doing any good. But if you want to try it out, go for it.

So I finally got stave_2h_tarecgosa_e_01stagefinal.jpgDragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest last week (YEAH!!!), and attempted to take it on a test drive in the TW dungeons, got NO procs. Checked the forums and saw that Fangs of the Father is also not working.

Edited by Archimage

They only scale down, not up. So Warglaives would be useless in WotLK+, Shadowmourne in Cata+, and Dragonwrath in MoP+. But you could use Dragonwrath in BC or WotLK and have it own face.

I know this is a necro thread, but it was on the first page of a google search concerning Timewalking BiS.

While it is correct that they do not scale up, it is incorrect to say they are useless, at least for Shadowmourne.  Shadowmourne is still BiS for Cata TW because of the sockets, procs, and the ilvl that cata TW is scaled down to.  It is slightly lower ilvl, and as such, DPS stat on the weapon, but its other features still make it BiS.

No idea for Glaives, and the other examples don't apply as there are no MoP TW (yet) and the stat squish didn't effect its content. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hybridlol
      New to forums and looked around a little bit. I was wondering if anyone had a link to a current BiS list for resto druids, includes m+ loot table ect. Anything would be appreciated, thanks!
    • By Supaserg
      Hey guys and gals. I'm fairly new to assassination, my rogue was originally a SUB rogue, for legion I changed to Outlaw, and finally Assassination. I've been raiding now with it for a good couple of months with my current spec, I've tried to follow the icy veins guide as close as I can, when it comes to BIS, rotation, etc.  I'm struggling to get the numbers, I'm supposed to be getting according to my gear level. 
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/fizzcrank/Atreyiu/simple
      I am aware I don't have all my BIS, but I'm working on it. My guild is currently doing NH Heroic, and so far we are 6 bosses in. And most of the pieces I need are in the later bosses, so far we haven't been able to progress that far.
      according to warcraftlogs, my dps is in the very low end of the spectrum. and I agree, there is another rogue in my guild that puts out almost 35% more dps than I do, and he is at 898 right now.
      these are my logs
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22393791/latest/

these are the logs for my guildee, that whoops my butt in dps every time (he is a really cool dude and has tried to help me, but because of his and my work schedule I only get to talk to him during raid times)
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17154275/latest/

Also my rotation for single target goes as follows: Garrote-mutilate-rupture(5point)--mutilate-mutilate(5point)-envenom-kingsbane--vendetta--garrote(keeping it up)-mutilate-mutilate-vanish-rupture---rinse and repeat.

So if you guys have any advice, on areas I could improve. I would greatly appreciate it.

• By Euphey
      Hi everyone! I am slightly suck on what gear i should be trying to go for right now, and itemization for what i have, and should be wearing, my armory is here :http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Bãttousai/simple. My issue is that i have the legendary cloak and legendary pants so far and according to the guide those are both of the slots for the best tier pieces, is it worth wearing the tier pants over Valeeras Will? i dont have any logs at the moment, but i usually parse around 60% on fights with not much movement, but drops down to 30% on fights with movement and i feel like that is because my gear is not optimized compared to others of my item level, i have been playing rogue for a long time and i fully understand the rotation and am confident that i am doing everything correctly. How much of an item level drop should i allow to get better optimized stats? Thanks! Edit - The gems and weapon ilvl on the armory link is bogus, my weapons are 896 not 925, other than that everything is correct.
    • By ALdoman
      Hi, I am a main deeeeeeps in a semi-hardcore guild that is currently 2/10M, I have 3 core legendaries: ring, belt and cloak, I am currently wearing the ring but I am uncertain of what the cloak can add to my dps. I have a 880 stat stick trinket, heroic 890 EEF, 895 draught of souls, i also have a 895 haste verst chest from Spellblade. with socket. also have the mythic skorpy neck and a 900 crit haste one with 1.8k crit.
      My question is, what is my optimal setup for single target and what is my optimal set up for cleave/M+? I do around 650K dps for single target fights and want to push my limit as I have max traits. and furthermore what trinkets/items i should be hunting for?  
      my armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Evànescen/simple
      I also have 4 piece set with 875 shoulders and 880 hands, didnt use them due to the massive ilvl difference and I dont think 4 set is that good anyway.
      Any comment is greatly appreciated! Please share some experiences playing around with these stats. with the stat stick and the high crit neck I can hit around 33% crit unbuffed and 20% haste.

• By Caztek
      So, im curious which trinket i should use, first of all, this whole Discussion is about Mythic+ content (mainly 8-12) and i have a
      Horn of Valor (ilvl 870 - 1005 Versa - 482 Avoidance - 3566 Strengh all 2 min)
      Raven Eidolon (ilvl 880 - 2080 Stam - 486 Mastery - on use 50% dmg from allies transferred to me)

which one would you guys prefer? the 2000 stam and a shitty on use effect or 1000 Versa and on use strengh...