FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
justsomeguy

BM Hunter World Quest Versatility Drops

Does anyone have issue where a ton of versatility gear is dropping?

In the effort to increase my item level, so I can do heroics (i know I'm late to the game), all the higher level gear that drops has versatility, do BM hunters need versatility now or is this just bad luck?

Edited by justsomeguy

TLDR;

"Need?"

No.

You'll see Vers a lot.

-------------

If you're just going for an ilvl, go for it. Once you're in then you can start looking to optimize your stats.

As BM I will tell you though that right now our pets have a bit of an attitude problem and it is recommended we are using the pet basic attack macros on all of your attacks. If you're doing this stat priority will change a little bit. (Wowhead BM Information)

It is really, really, important that if optimizing is your goal that you get familiar with Raidbots because that is going to allow you to really fine-tune your selection of gear.

Hope that helps!

=^. .^=

Most of the time higher item level will be better even if the stats are "bad". Rings are the only exception because they don't give agility, but a big ilvl difference will still win even on rings.

Versatility is not as bad for BM as it used to be in Legion. It's practically as good as Mastery.

Edited by Khallid

On 9/12/2018 at 2:28 PM, Khallid said:

Most of the time higher item level will be better even if the stats are "bad". Rings are the only exception because they don't give agility, but a big ilvl difference will still win even on rings.

Versatility is not as bad for BM as it used to be in Legion. It's practically as good as Mastery.

I sim everything. I got a 355 H/V from a +5 or +6 WM, when I had a 355 C/H and a 340 H/M/A.  

Sim wise, it was 2dps better, out of over 12k.  The guildie I gave it to said it was his best stats.

Edited by Eyeroll

Honestly if you sim for stat weights, there's almost no variance in what the secondary stats give, maybe it's the difference between 1 or 1.5 at most. Most of your upgrades will come from agi and weapon damage, that's what you realistically want to be aiming for. Like Khallid said, rings are going to be the ones you want your ideal stats on but everything else is pretty much agi > secondary stats at this stage. We have no breakpoints yet so there's no reason we want to be realistically chasing one secondary stat more than any other at this stage - i.e. later in the game where a certain % of haste and the Azerite trait that extends the duration of the barbed shot pet attack speed buff would give us 100% uptime on 3 stacks without any effort.