Instanes

Frustrated Fury warrior seeks knowledge to improve PVE Dps

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

Long story short, I've been reading up here on icy-veins. Been using simCraft, changing talents. Trying different tactics. ElitistJerks, icy veins, mmo-champion. Even noxxic. Ive read it all. But still I really struggle to keep up with others on the damage in our raids. And it is very frustrating because I cannot figure out what Im doing wrong anymore.

Current iLvl is 699 

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Tumt%C3%BCm/advanced

Log from our latest Archimonde (also our first) kill

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MtJqX7PxVhTaCdLz/#fight=8

Watching Skada/dmg meters during the raid, often seeing my self below the tank makes me feel Im holding everyone back. 

One of the things ive noticed is that even with 40% extra chance to crit with bloodthirst it VERY often fail to crit. Leaving me without enrage. Yes, then I use Berserker rage. But way to often do I end up with BS on cd and bloodthirst not critting. Time after time after time. 

Using the rotation described here on Icy veins.

Fingers crossed for some advice. Just scream out if there is any additional information needed.  

-Instanes, the frustrated warrior

From what I can see, you don't have either t17 or t18 bonuses which puts you at a major disadvantage in terms of DPS. Your rage management for that fight was fine, there weren't many times that you were sitting around rage capped as you were dumping rage with wild strikes. Your enrage up time was 81% which could be improved by using more uses of berserker rage, but its largely RNG from Bloodthirst. You didn't use your second strength potion during execute phase, which would've helped your DPS immensely. But all in all I wouldn't worry so much, until you get your t18 set pieces. 

Also I see that you have the legendary ring, but it was never used during that fight.

Edited by Feladore

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

Some of the items I have on the armory now, including the legendary ring was acquired the week after the day the logs are from.

Helm, ring, boots, gloves and weapons are new. 

Some things have improved a little. I keep practicing. 

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By palles
      A weak aura set up to help with fury warrior. Enrage is just the enrage icon on the left side, the other two are both part of the rotation helper.
      Basically shows when enraged, and tells you what buttons to press.
      UPDATE 8/29/16
      Moved weak aura's to center of screen, took the WW one out of the rotation helper, now when it is active use it instead of raging blow or furious slash. The Bloodthirst during this time can be a little off, I'm not certain if you should only do it when not enraged or if you should be using it on CD. I may modify the WA's to have the aoe button show up when multiple targets are around, but have the full rotation there instead of just the WW button like it is now. Also moved everything to Wago.io
      UPDATE 8/6/16
      Alright I just released an updated Rotation Helper, this one will suggest Bloodthirst/Raging Blow if the CD is less than 1.5s, instead of suggesting Furious Slash. Note that this is a little off if you have ANY haste. If you want it to be right you need to modify 4 Weak Aura's.
      Bloodthirst - GCD
      Bloodthirst - Enrage - GCD
      Raging Blow - GCD
      Raging Blow - Enrage - GCD
      On all of these, for the first trigger you need you change the remaining time from 1.5 to whatever you GCD is
      If you need to figure out what your GCD is, I use the following macro to do so:
      /cast Furious Slash
      /run local f=GcT or CreateFrame("Frame","GcT") f:SetScript("OnUpdate",function() print("CD:",(select(2,GetSpellCooldown("Furious Slash")))) f:Hide() end) f:Show()
      UPDATE 8/15/16
      Added seperate bar for CDs (should have all covered, including orc/troll racial)
      Added Odyn's Fury
      Changed how WW works. (If there are atleast 3 targets in range it will always show the WW icon, basically, as well as the number of mobs in range in the center of the icon.)
      Some other minor bug fixes in the rotation helper.
      Added Bladestorm (I'm not really sure when this is supposed to be used TBH so right now it shows if 3 mobs in range and off CD.)
      Link: https://wago.io/NkFH7O65b

Video: https://youtu.be/Z4zoMQTgLvs

Video: https://youtu.be/uimyjcq_dvg

• By Tobacha
      ok need some help here. I have followed the Fury guide from this site and almost have the stats in alignment with what is suggested from it. I have been trying to upload combat logs from Ask Mr Robot but I keep getting some error where I cannot add my gear to it and then it tells me to close app. So this is what I have so far. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Tabock/advanced
      As for my rotation i hit rampage when it procs all the time, I also use Bloodthirst and rarely use furious slash. I use it more it seems as a filler. I do however use the talented version of Raging Blow, it does a lot of dmg. I really seem to WW a lot when in doubt a lot, a lot. I also use Bladestorm usually when my cd's are active.
      If I make Rampage and Raging Blow up at all times and when I do I see a slight boost in my dps. but otherwise it is trash right now...:(
      So I will need help if somebody would be so kind as to maybe give me some direction toward uploading combat logs. Thank you ahead of time for your help.
    • By Herbs
      I have a quick question regarding stat priority after obtaining World Breakers Resolve.

Is the 18% haste cap to be met still? 

I did some quick checking on target dummies; in my current gear with 3.96% haste it takes ~12 seconds to proc WBR and meet the 18% haste requirement. Would you want to stack 13% haste (relying on 5% haste raid buff) on your gear? My assumption that the static haste becomes a wasted stat after maintaining ~10 seconds on a current target. I have a hard time believing it wouldn't at least drop the haste requirement to a lesser extent.

According to AskMrRobot's BIS it shows haste being stacked to 17% (using H HFC as a filter).

If you could drop 13% static haste from your gear and swap the stats for mastery wouldn't your DPS gains be more than covered by the haste gained from WBR?
    • By Sajakain
      This will be the primary discussion thread for DPS Warriors - Arms, Fury, & Gladiator - in Hellfire Citadel. For the most part, this thread will be a collaboration of useful information to make your life easier as you take on the Citadel. If you have anything to contribute, please do so and we'll be sure to add it to this thread.

While reading this thread, it is assumed that you have general knowledge of the mechanics involved in each encounter as well as a broad understanding of the general, accepted, strategy from the WoW community. It is also understood that you are not standing in fire for the lulz.

The notes you find here will be based off of results posted on Warcraft Logs, user input via this thread, and experience(s) provided by the warrior moderators on this board.

Lastly, the Heroic Mode information is based off an average, equipped, item level of 725 as using gear above the difficulty can be an opportunity to skew results differently.

================================

Hellfire Assault

Heroic Mode:

Preferred Spec: Fury
      Talent Choices: Dragon Roar, Bladestorm, Ravager

Notes:

This encounter is relatively easy and, under most circumstances, will be considered an AoE trash pull. If your raid is struggling with this encounter then you (and your DPS) should put more focus on single-target execution for designated priority mobs.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Iron Reaver

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Storm Bolt, Avatar, Anger Management

Notes:

Iron Reaver is a single target encounter. Your Tier 7 (Level 100) talent is more of a personal preference but AM can pull ahead of Siegebreaker.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Kormrok

Heroic Mode:

Notes:

Overall this is a single target encounter. However the hands make a great opportunity for the warrior who is allowed to solo Hands / Dragging Hands. If you're entire raid is blowing up the hands then you will most likely do very little damage with the suggested talents and, therefore, should prioritize single target on Kormrok.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Hellfire High Council

Heroic Mode:

Preferred Spec: Arms
      Talent Choices: Dragon Roar, Bloodbath, Anger Management

Notes:

There's not much to explain here other than maintaining Rend on your target(s) and Sweeping Strikes up when cleaving. Do whatever ritual is necessary and hope the RNG gods give you Bloodboil's buff.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Killrogg Deadeye

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Dragon Roar, Bloodbath / Avatar, Anger Management

Notes:

Obviously you want Visions here. Tell your R/L that you need visions. Take the opportunity to cleave when you can. Bloodbath or Anger Management; either will work so choose to your preference. If you do get to go in visions, strive for 20 stacks. If this is proving to be a struggle, you can take Bladestorm to help out.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Gorefiend

Heroic Mode:

Preferred Spec: Arms or Fury
      Talent Choices: Storm Bolt, Avatar / Bloodbath, Anger Management

Notes:

Most likely your focus will be the big add and the boss. If you get pulled into the stomach, obviously make use of the time you have to kill the adds. Avatar or Bloodbath - it's your choice. Both Arms and Fury are viable here so really it's up to you. Such freedom!

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Shadow-Lord Iskar

Heroic Mode:

Notes:

Overall this is a pretty straight forward fight. The variance only comes in positioning as there are several strategies that are viable for the Heroic difficulty. Use your AoE during Phase 2 to get some numbers while killing your priority target. The fire here is not a haste buff.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Fel Lord Zakuun

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Storm Bolt, Avatar, Anger Management / Siegebreaker

Notes:

Another single target encounter and, again, you get some personal choices here. Both Arms and Fury are viable as well as your level 100 talent choices. It is worth noting that Arms has the potential to be substantially better than Fury at the assumed item level - in upwards of 10 - 15K difference.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Xhul'horac

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Dragon Roar, Bladestorm, Anger Management / Ravager

Notes:

Adds have priority here and should die relatively fast and, as such, using your AoE abilities will help. You do have a choice in your last talent tree; either one is viable.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Socrethar the Eternal

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Dragon Roar, Avatar / Bloodbath, Anger Management
      Notable Glyphs: Rude Interruption

Notes:

Volunteer for interrupt assignments and take Rude Interruption as a glyph. Aside from this it's your typical Arms rotation - maintain Rend and Sweeping Strikes while killing your priority target.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Tyrant Velhari

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Storm Bolt, Avatar, Anger Management

Notes:

Rude Interruption is viable here so take it. While Bloodbath may be a preference choice here, Avatar will come out ontop for damage done so it's listed as the preferred talent. Make sure you maintain Sweeping Strikes on this encounter; it's vital.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Mannoroth

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Personal preference.

This is your most versatile encounter at this item level for both spec and talent choices. You should take whatever you're comfortable with. It is worth noting that as your item level increases from the assumed 725 equipped, Arms becomes a more competitive choice.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .

Archimonde

Heroic Mode:

Talent Choices: Anger Management

Notes:

The choices here between Storm Bolt / Dragon Roar and Avatar / Bloodbath are personal preference. As with all substantial Arms encounters, you want to maintain Rend on priority targets and Sweeping Strikes when you're cleaving. Sweeping Strikes is a vital source of damage here so you should make an extra effort to maintain it.

Mythic Mode:

To be updated. . .
    • By Melenthra
      Hello, 
           I started playing WoW on WoD ( Played it before but on private servers so it was shit.) and I got hooked on my warrior but Im having issues with her dps.
      I am currently 705 as fury and have 2 tier pieces

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Melenthra/advanced

and heres a link to a combatlog at a training dummy and also some other logs Ive on the character ( Both as tank and dps ) 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1baJkgXQ8TBZY6Hy/#

I just feel that 35k dps for my ilvl is just too low, when I simcraft her it says 48k dps with the current talent set up.
      Can anyone spot what is wrong ?