FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Tortos

Guest klit

Didn't read that much in this guide since its late and im too tired, but i saw a fault in the start. Doing the 25man ptr testing we saw a soft enrage ish thing where he just spawns a massively amount of small spinning turtles and looked like he kept spawning them. Not sure if this was intented, but it sure was a soft enrage if so.

Guest Nina

Has anyone tried interrupting Quake Stomp with a normal interrupt? Will those work?

Didn't read that much in this guide since its late and im too tired, but i saw a fault in the start. Doing the 25man ptr testing we saw a soft enrage ish thing where he just spawns a massively amount of small spinning turtles and looked like he kept spawning them. Not sure if this was intented, but it sure was a soft enrage if so.

Thanks! I'll monitor it and if I can confirm the pattern in any way I'll include it in the guide.

Has anyone tried interrupting Quake Stomp with a normal interrupt? Will those work?

I haven't tried it myself but the spell was displaying as uninterruptible. I'm almost certain you cannot interrupt it with a normal interrupt.

Guest Barkalo

Anybody a clue if meeles need to get the expertise cap because they now will be standing in front of the boss?

Some sources are saying the quake stomp does not hit for 65%. Wowhead and wowdb are both showing it at 30%

It's quite possible that there is some tweaking going on with the ability. Initially, it was 100% (meaning that you almost died - you didn't really take 100% since armor reduced it somewhat), then 90%. We'll see what the live version Dungeon Journal says.

Anybody a clue if meeles need to get the expertise cap because they now will be standing in front of the boss?

I can't recall if I was being parried or not. At the same time, you end up spending quite a bit of time DPSing Bats and Turtles, so if ranged DPS focus primarily on Tortos, melee can handle the rest. I'll update when I know more.

I can't recall if I was being parried or not. At the same time, you end up spending quite a bit of time DPSing Bats and Turtles, so if ranged DPS focus primarily on Tortos, melee can handle the rest. I'll update when I know more.

We did quite the opposite tonight, it was a pain for our melee to be running around dpsing and getting knocked by turtles. We had melee mainly on the boss and the bats while ranged got the turtles. We did keep one of our rogues on the turtles though, because he was the most comfortable with kicking it and watching the timer so everyone else could focus other turtles or boss

It's quite possible that there is some tweaking going on with the ability. Initially, it was 100% (meaning that you almost died - you didn't really take 100% since armor reduced it somewhat), then 90%. We'll see what the live version Dungeon Journal says.

it seemed to do 65% damage. Armor and personal cooldowns reduce the amount of damage you take as well

Edited by Krazyito
  • Like 1

Just killed it. 65% damage, mitigated via CDs.

Have a dedicated kicker. I was that dedicated kicker. Make one person not really care about their DPS and focus on calling out turtles to kill and be the only person responsible for lining up the kick. Most fun in a raid encounter I've ever had the pleasure of performing, especially in a 25 man progression setting.

Tips: melee + survival Hunters on bats, ranged on turtles. Pop CDs to burn the first turtle...tight timer. If you kill bats, turtles, and have an awesome field goal kicker, you win. Pretty simple. I think we used 7 healers in 25 man...damage is pretty rough.

• Like 1

I think we used 7 healers in 25 man...damage is pretty rough.

I don't remember how many healer we used.. I think it was 6, but quite possible it was 7. Though I think 7 (maybe to an extreme if damage is lax) or 8 healers will be needed for heroic.

Edited by Krazyito

Guest Klit

Hey Vlad i can now comfirm that there is a 8 min soft enrage. At the 8 min marker of our kill the small spinning turtles kept spawning. I however don't know how i can prove it since i didn't record the kill sadly... I will try anyway here is our kill 8:17 http://worldoflogs.c...s=10587&e=11085 i can't really find anything here to prove it since the logs can't show the dmg taken from spining shell in a curve on the fight, but as u can see in these logs http://worldoflogs.c...os/10N/?page=64 we are at the last side as the 8th worst kill on the boss so far. Even tho u have just zerged it down with your bis geared ppl. u know its the same fight all over forever if it was not for this some guilds who had the healing could have done it in 10min, maybe more.

Hey Vlad i can now comfirm that there is a 8 min soft enrage. At the 8 min marker of our kill the small spinning turtles kept spawning. I however don't know how i can prove it since i didn't record the kill sadly... I will try anyway here is our kill 8:17 http://worldoflogs.c...s=10587&e=11085 i can't really find anything here to prove it since the logs can't show the dmg taken from spining shell in a curve on the fight, but as u can see in these logs http://worldoflogs.c...os/10N/?page=64 we are at the last side as the 8th worst kill on the boss so far. Even tho u have just zerged it down with your bis geared ppl. u know its the same fight all over forever if it was not for this some guilds who had the healing could have done it in 10min, maybe more.

I am not sure that I understand what you mean. Are you saying that after 8 minutes, you saw a constant stream of Whirl Turtles coming out, which would have basically wiped your raid?

Thanks for clarifying!

Guest Nina

If I'm reading your chart correctly, Drain the Weak is 350k on 10 man normal, and 550k on 25 man normal, meaning that you'll have to keep the batty tank much closer to topped off on 25. From the spell descriptions on Wowdb, it looks like it's 550k on 10h and 25h as well.

I'm guessing that LFR will use the 350k version of the spell, too, just to lessen the coordination required.

Guest datunitz

we killed this tonight, we had ouch monk tank just kite the waves of bats and a rogue tricksing them onto him whilst people cycle slows and stuns on them. makes it alot easier to heal and allows you to burn boss and adds alot more effectively. its a bit rng though at times with turtles and rocks trapping the monk but it was definitely easier.

I am not sure that I understand what you mean. Are you saying that after 8 minutes, you saw a constant stream of Whirl Turtles coming out, which would have basically wiped your raid?

Thanks for clarifying!

Yes Vlad, at around the 8 min mark (cannot confirm the actual time, was too busy doing my part in the fight), sets of 3 turtles keep on spawning every 5ish seconds (I think). At any rate, it cluttered up the arena really fast, forcing us to run around and try to burn him down before we got overwhelmed by them.

Yes Vlad, at around the 8 min mark (cannot confirm the actual time, was too busy doing my part in the fight), sets of 3 turtles keep on spawning every 5ish seconds (I think). At any rate, it cluttered up the arena really fast, forcing us to run around and try to burn him down before we got overwhelmed by them.

Thanks! Adding it to the guide!

I haven't seen anything like getting spammed with Whirl Turtles every 5 seconds. The most I saw was one interval in which Whirl Turtles spawned 20 seconds after the previous set, but no Whirl Turtles came out 20 seconds later, either, so this was not a consistent "mechanic". I think the spawning mechanic here is somewhat erratic. Multiple times I've seen Whirl Turtles fail to spawn when they should.

Resto shamans: Earth bind totem work (confirmed lol) . tho it could be they just missed the pulls sometimes.

talents: stone bulwark totems seems to work quite well on the quake stomp. (remember it's an earth totem just like earth bind totem)

glyphs: glyph of healing wave is quite usefull compared to most. I think chaining is very usefull, as there is a lot of movement and players are scattered a cross the room. watch out tho, as the cast time takes quite some time and you might not have the time to cast one before a rockfall hits you. (haven't tested it myself so could use a confirmation :) )

PS: at the class specific page for specific raid encounters it said "glyphs: share youre thoughts" or something.. are we needed to say that at the boss encounter comment page? or class?

Not really sure, however sometimes it doesn't dmg a few raid members. but also that could be off the shielding ^^ the dmg can be quite sick so i advice to use defensive cd on that quake

Guest Defmaster

The guide reads if you should avoid bringing the bats lower than 350k hp.

You should rewrite that the tank should not drop below that point.

The guide reads if you should avoid bringing the bats lower than 350k hp.

You should rewrite that the tank should not drop below that point.

Thanks! That's a wording confusion, I've edited the guide to be more clear. Should be live soon. Thanks!