Penarin

Destruction Warlock Stat Caps/Soft caps

4 posts in this topic

I have a question about stat caps for destruction warlocks. Namely: How on Earth does one find information on what they are? Do the percentage caps change with gear bonuses?

I remember reading a note somewhere where they recommended hitting mastery cap, then altering gems/enchants/gear to up crit. But there was a comment on that page saying that the mastery cap was removed in 6.2, so one should just put mastery in all bonus sockets, gems and enchants.

Is this true? If not, what is a good mastery (and for that matter crit) percentage to be at for a destruction 'lock?

My warlock is currently ilvl 723 with a 100% Mastery rating while in a raid. Should I be trying to head to infinity on Mastery or should I be looking at increasing crit? (And what is the stat cap on crit?)

The only page I could really find about this was somebody's old Cata page for level 80s. Is there a place I can go that has concise information on how to calculate this stuff? I'd AMR it, but their suggestions for me differ from the Icy Veins guides, and I've heard they're unreliable for destruction warlocks.

I just have no idea how to figure out what my stat caps are.

No caps or break points. Stack mastery.

LOL. I suppose that just shows how long ago that I srs bsns raided.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Halestorm
      Hello, I raided back during WotLK and Cata with a resto druid.  Back then we aimed for certain percentages of haste so we could eventually obtain the 3 extra ticks in Rejuvenation, 2 in Regrowth, and 1 in Wild Growth.  After that threshold was met we then focused on Mastery. (but back then our HoT's didn't crit)  So my question is; Are these haste threshold's still something to be aiming for?  And if so, what are these threshold's?  Does haste still affect these spells the same way?  Are there goals to be aiming for with our secondary stats?  I've been gone for a few years and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Zantetsukin
      So I was curious. The Havoc Demon Hunter guide states that Crit and Versatility are the best secondary stats. However, there are very few pieces of gear that actually have crit and versatility. Most for DH's gear typically include crit/haste, or crit/mastery. Sometimes mastery/haste. I've seen some of the "pvp gear" have crit/versatility but it usually is 835 or rarely 845. Never seen anything over 850 have crit/versatility. So with that being said, with optimized stats being extremely rare to get, should blizz reinstate gear reforging?
    • By Morachnus
      So right after I hit 100 and while I was still doing some quests as destro, the spec I leveled as, I got my first legendary. Sweet right? One right off the bat! But it's made me wonder, as demo has proven to be the top performing spec, if that's turned out to be a drawback. Mostly because this Magistrike Restraints is the one I got. It has a very spec specific benefit, and I'm wondering if it's worth sticking to destro because of it. I've played some demo, and I worry that if I get a second legendary in demo, it's going to spread out the power I could gain by having two for the same spec. Also I wonder if that 30% chance of the extra chaos bolt is going to increase my damage enough to be competitive with demo at my ilevel (855 right now). Or I could always get one in demo that benefits all specs. But I don't know. So I'm mostly just working with what I have now and under the impression that I will, at some point get, one more. 

So tell me what you think. Is that 30% chaos bolt worth sticking with the spec? Is the possibility of having two destro legendaries really going to push my damage output higher than demo would be with no legendaries for it? Or just one?
    • By Westy
      I have seen recently that Icy Veins changed the Protection Paladin stat priorities with the release of 7.1. I wanted to do my own research on it so downloaded the latest build of Simcraft  SimcSetup-710-01-Win64.exe , dated 2016-10-29 05:41, and run a tank based sim. No matter what settings I changed I could not replicate Icy Veins findings for their stat priorities of:
      Haste; Versatility; Mastery; Critical Strike. Further more as they do not post a pawn string or show weights it is also hard to see how much one stat is better than another.
      Anyhow I have run many many sims on this and the result I get is shown in the attached image. I set it to run 25000 sims with a patchwork fight using T19H. Even if I change it to T19M it does not really change the results.

As you can see it ranks Crit slightly above Mastery, but more or less equal, so why does Icy Veins say that Master is above Crit.
      Can anyone shed some light on this for me so I know I am gearing correctly. What do I believe?

Addition - I have run it on another Prot Paladin that has 888 gear and get the priorities of:
      Sta > Vers > Str ~= Crit ~= Mastery ~= Haste
      What is going on, am I doing something wrong or is it that there is no one glove fits all stat order. Maybe he has enough Mastery and Haste already so it only recomends Versitility as a good stat now. I am very confused.
    • By Lifvana
      Hello all, with 7.1 coming soon, I am wondering what % of each stat I should be aiming for, mainly just interested in mythic+ and normal raids. My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/Lifvana/simple . Not sure why it's saying I have 34.5% haste, it's more like 20-22% in game, with 28% crit and 25% mastery. My gear is kinda all over the place cause I play blood as well. I can give the exact percents I have once I get home in a couple hours, and  I have another 835 ring which I will post the stats of it when I get home. Sorry if the formatting is bad, first post and on my phone haha. Edit: Once I get the exact percentages of my stats, if someone could let me know the ideal enchants I should use, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! :)