Destruction Warlock Stat Caps/Soft caps

4 posts in this topic

I have a question about stat caps for destruction warlocks. Namely: How on Earth does one find information on what they are? Do the percentage caps change with gear bonuses?

I remember reading a note somewhere where they recommended hitting mastery cap, then altering gems/enchants/gear to up crit. But there was a comment on that page saying that the mastery cap was removed in 6.2, so one should just put mastery in all bonus sockets, gems and enchants.

Is this true? If not, what is a good mastery (and for that matter crit) percentage to be at for a destruction 'lock?

My warlock is currently ilvl 723 with a 100% Mastery rating while in a raid. Should I be trying to head to infinity on Mastery or should I be looking at increasing crit? (And what is the stat cap on crit?)

The only page I could really find about this was somebody's old Cata page for level 80s. Is there a place I can go that has concise information on how to calculate this stuff? I'd AMR it, but their suggestions for me differ from the Icy Veins guides, and I've heard they're unreliable for destruction warlocks.

I just have no idea how to figure out what my stat caps are.

No caps or break points. Stack mastery.

LOL. I suppose that just shows how long ago that I srs bsns raided.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lifvana
      Hello all, with 7.1 coming soon, I am wondering what % of each stat I should be aiming for, mainly just interested in mythic+ and normal raids. My armory is . Not sure why it's saying I have 34.5% haste, it's more like 20-22% in game, with 28% crit and 25% mastery. My gear is kinda all over the place cause I play blood as well. I can give the exact percents I have once I get home in a couple hours, and  I have another 835 ring which I will post the stats of it when I get home. Sorry if the formatting is bad, first post and on my phone haha. Edit: Once I get the exact percentages of my stats, if someone could let me know the ideal enchants I should use, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! :)
    • By rauter
      I'm trying to decide which gear is better for me, betweeen these trinkets -> and these wrists -> .
      According to the icy veins fire mage guide, the ones i am using are better in terms of DPS. (reference: 2- Evaluating Upgrades Using Stat Weights on
      But from a second source, Askmrrobot, these two with higher item level are better than mine. I was wondering if anyone have a take on this specific situation. My guess is that Askmrrobor is taking to account the Stamina too.

So, which ones should i be using and why?

Here are my current stats for reference:
    • By Nieria
      Hi! So upon viewing the Outlaw rogue stat priority, I'm a bit confused as to why Haste is the lowest stat for us. With Outlaw's heavy influence of RNG, there are times where saber slash won't proc a Pistol Shot, causing my dps to drop tremendously. With more haste to generate energy with for more saber slashes, resulting more Run Throughs. I feel this would benefit more for constant dps rather than stacking crit just because the crit isn't going to benefit me that much if I'm taking my sweet time building up combo points for a single Run Through. I think a stat priority of Vers>Haste>Crit>Mastery might be better, however I do not have the gear to test this out yet. 
      Finally, I have both Quick Draw and Deeper Stratagem talented, and a problem I've ran into is having five combo points with a Pistol Shot proc, but not knowing if I should hold the proc and spend my current points, or use the proc while wasting that one extra combo point. The guide mentions that there isn't a big difference in dps regarding this, but I feel it can at least matter when in cleave/big aoe pulls since a six point Run Through does more than a five point in big pulls.
      Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks!
    • By WarChris
      I have a question to the Dimensional Rift.
      How does it works behind the scenes?
      I know already it doesn't work with Havoc but is it scalable with other effects like Eradication or Intpot?
      I think not because the weapon casts it and not the char but am I right?
      After theoriecrafting my head is booming and actually I'm confused xD
    • By g4m3sh4rk
      OK, so in the section labeled "Opening Sequence" Furty has the priority setup like this:
      4. Opening Sequence
      Use  Potion of Deadly Grace. Pre-cast  Incinerate at 5 seconds on the countdown. Pre-cast a second  Incinerate. Pre-cast  Immolate. I am probably reading this entirely wrong but it looks like he wants me to pre-cast 2 spells, one spell twice. If this is accurate, then I assume the fight starts after the first Incinerate. With that assumption why do I cast a second Incinerate? Why not just move into casting Immolate? Please help me, I am simply trying to figure out how this whole priority rotation BS is suppose to work but it isn't as black and white to me as it seems to appear to everyone else.