Sharknad0

BM = HASTE > MASTERY > AGI???

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

This is my current pawn string from sims:

Agility=21.87, CritRating=18.49, HasteRating=24.16, MasteryRating=22.94, Versatility=17.33

Is anyone else getting haste over mastery and agi? I recently got the Mantle (FINALLY!), so not sure if that is affecting anything. I know crit used to be important for Mantle, so I am not sure why it would be the culprit here. I even tested swapping out my enchants to haste and it did provide a slight boost while maintaining the same scaling. Mastery is at 9300, Crit at 9300 and Haste at 8000 (Roughly), so I definitely dont feel I have enough mastery to start warranting haste over it and agi.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this too?

I do have the current sim build, so no issues there.

Edited by Sharknad0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, especially if you got high mastery and haste maybe around 14% and below ... 

Then Simcraft will tell you to get more haste to bring more damage from mastery to youre enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a bit odd, are you sure you're using it with the right talents and gear when you run the sims? Because from my experience anything over 20% haste is a total waste and you'd do better with more mastery and maybe some crit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely. I totally agree. That is why I also find it strange. My mastery is at 9802 (73%), crit is 7419 (29.55%), and haste is 6129 (16.34%). I would obviously like haste to swap with crit, but that is what I love about BM. Agi is supposed to rain king, making upgrades actual upgrades. Luckily, mastery is still at a decent level, but I find it strange that haste is coming in so high. Basically, I am showing 24.40 haste, 22.55 mastery, and 20.73 agi when I scale. Very perplexing. When I swapped out my enchants for haste, it did give me a 1k increase. Negligible I know, but somewhat proved that simcraft is on to something.

Edited by Sharknad0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sharknad0 said:

Definitely. I totally agree. That is why I also find it strange. My mastery is at 9802 (73%), crit is 7419 (29.55%), and haste is 6129 (16.34%). I would obviously like haste to swap with crit, but that is what I love about BM. Agi is supposed to rain king, making upgrades actual upgrades. Luckily, mastery is still at a decent level, but I find it strange that haste is coming in so high. Basically, I am showing 24.40 haste, 22.55 mastery, and 20.73 agi when I scale. Very perplexing. When I swapped out my enchants for haste, it did give me a 1k increase. Negligible I know, but somewhat proved that simcraft is on to something.

Haste is way too low man. Crit is pretty mediocre at best with BM now and you want at the very least 18% haste to have full uptime of Dire Frenzy during lust.

That's why it's simming so high, you don't have enough of it.

Your mastery is also pretty low given where we are in the game, should ideally be over 80% and then you'll see agi back to top for sims again. 

I myself sim with mastery ~= to agi then haste. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2017 at 4:29 PM, Luthixx said:

Haste is way too low man. Crit is pretty mediocre at best with BM now and you want at the very least 18% haste to have full uptime of Dire Frenzy during lust.

That's why it's simming so high, you don't have enough of it.

Your mastery is also pretty low given where we are in the game, should ideally be over 80% and then you'll see agi back to top for sims again. 

I myself sim with mastery ~= to agi then haste. 

I definitely see where all of these breakpoints land now. Thanks a bunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sharknad0 said:

I definitely see where all of these breakpoints land now. Thanks a bunch

As i stated in the other thread....keep in mind this is in the Hunter Discord...

 

Quote

PSA for everyone doing their own stat weights as Beast Mastery.

There exists (and has existed for a long time) a bit of a problem with SimCraft that is inherent to the tool where the behaviour of the APL can cause Haste to have incredibly high values at certain intervals, or "breakpoints" that will allow an unrealistic amount of extra spellcasts. One of these exist for BM (without Haste trinkets) somewhere between 7000-8000 Hasterating (roughly 20%, that's right, the 20% hastepoint is not a real thing).

The TL;DR is that if you're simming your stat weights and Haste has an incredibly high value, firstly try and enable "Center Scale Delta" in the scaling options. If that doesn't work, turn it off and go to your profile under Simulate, scroll down to the gear section, add ",enchant=100haste" to the end of any item, and increase this Haste number in increments of 100 until the Haste weight goes down to something more normal. This will increase your DPS artifically, but it will not matter much to the stat weight result, and that's what you're after, not accurate DPS numbers.

Unless your Haste is extremely low, it should never really be above Mastery unless there's shenanigans going on.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Hagryke
      Ey i want to create a new hunter character, and my doubt its, orc or maghar? I know this is not very importante because if u dont do high end is not terrible noticeable. In one hand we have the orc passive ( 5% more pet damage + ap) and in the other hand we have ( more health and ap ) .
      I think orc its better ¿ what do u think ?
      Sorry for my english im starting to learn english and i thought it was a good idea post here :D
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Recruit Hunter deck.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Spell Hunter guide.
    • By Graves
      So I looked around the forums and couldn't find an answer for this, figured I'd post here and if I missed the answer somewhere else, someone is bound to tell me where it is, either way. During Bestial Wrath should I be keeping up Dire frenzy as normal or should I be focusing solely on Cobra Resets and Kill Command? Also, same question for Titans Thunder.