Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkovan

Brewmaster Issues

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Recently restarted playing my Brewmaster main from MoP and after getting to 100 and gearing after following advice on these forums/web site i noticed Tigers Palm.

Why is my energy generation so bad! i have so many empty globels that i can only tigers palm into. I tried stacking haste a bit but it made no difference at all, at 1300 haste all i gained was 1/sec O_O if feels so damn horrible...which made 0 difference to my rotations at all, 1 extra chi every 40seconds is ...so garbage.

My rotation is like

Keg smash - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Jab - Chi Explosion - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Keg Smash - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Jab - Chi Explosion.

Am i doing something wrong? THIS FEEL SO BAD and im pretty sure im going to break my Tigers Palm key way ahead of its time.

Tiger Palm is used quite a lot as a filler ability for Brewmaster.  However, without logs, we can't really tell you if you're doing anything wrong or not.

It was just an anoyed QQ, not sure why i posted it. A mod can delete if they like.

I'm not seeing Blackout Kick in this rotation.... Kind of Important. That may be part of the issue. It also applies your Shuffle buff.

2 hours ago, Aviendha said:

I'm not seeing Blackout Kick in this rotation.... Kind of Important. That may be part of the issue. It also applies your Shuffle buff.

When you have Chi Explosion talented, it replaces Blackout Kick.

Posted (edited)

I believe chi explosion is not the talent of choice for a beginner which if i'm not mistaken is mentioned in the guide.

It consumes all your chi which requires a bit better chi generation than a beginner can have so you start feeling that you lack energy trying to swiftly stack 3-4 chi before every chi explosion. Far better is to choose soul dance (if there is magic damage during the encounter) or serenity (if there is not) so you can use purifying brew much more frequently thus redusing damage taken and you'll still be able to use blackout kick from time to time to get the buff from it which is good but not as necessary.

Edited by ForumWarrior

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By omo1234
      Hey, i was just wondering how bad this MArk of Supreme Doom is for a brewmaster monk at itlvl 740? its 
      +120agi
      +322speed 
      +322 Leech
      +322 Avoidance 
      +Socket
    • By Kurtis916
      i keep getting mixed answers on what i should be going for. as for right now my stat priority is    agi>bonus armor>crit=mastery>versi>haste>multi

and atm i have all crit enchants on gear, and the shattered hand wep enchant.

any help would be appreciated
    • By notawizard
      Hello there! i have a question about Monk stats (both brewmaster and windwalker), about weapon damage. I have these 3 items:
      2h Staff: www.wowhead.com/item=120062/primal-combatants-staff
      2x 1h fists's: www.wowhead.com/item=120055
      difference between them? If i use the staff over the 1h's i gain/lose:
      -151.5 Damage per Second (weapon damage?)
      +22 Agility
      +32 Stamina
      +15 Critical Strike rating
      +15 Mastery rating
      What is better to use as a Monk? (both BM + WW)

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Brewmaster Monk guide.
    • By Shanloang
      Hey.

So since this is supposedly the new Elitist Jerks I m going to give it a try and am asking for some answers on specific questions.

Let me give you brief information about myself and my group:

I'm MT for 25hc raiding guild resubbed 3-4months ago after 3years of "downtime" due to studies. We re currently at Paragons and after researching and providing lots of sources I finally got my group to accept that a Tank will get the amber scorpion. Obviously this tank is going to be me. Which is why I m making this thread.

Following this I will post some encounter specific questions that came up.

1. I d like to know when to best utilize the scorpion buff.
      About 1: I m currently using it on Korven when we re bursting him 51-0% (or at least trying to). I do plan on definetly using it for xaril and since I m tanking xaril most likely I wont use it on Kilruk but one of the other two. (Is there enough time later in the fight to use it again for example betweeen korven and xaril?)

2. How do you best make use of it?
      About 2: Currently I m tanking two bosses (ka'roz and korven) as soon as the stun comes we switch the tank taking the stack. Here comes one other problem following up in question 2.1; when the amber is cast I ll take the next stun and half of the aoe cleave to get vengeance. After the stun expires I activate my scorpion and burst onto korven.

2.1: The biggest problem we run into is that we want to maximise the scorpion damage but therefore I should not get stunned. The problem is that the other tank would have to take 2 - 3 stacks which is kind of not possible is it?
      Should I just get stunned or not? Is the scorpion dmg increasing with vengeance or does it only count the vengeance when activated, similar to xuen?

3. How exactly do you use the spells?
      About 3. currently I apply the poison use this channeling flame dot and the claw that does bonus dmg when used on poisoned targets. Afterwards keep everything on cd with that same priority list. Is this correct or am I missing out on something really important? Should I maybe use the channeling ability after the bonus dmg claw?
      Sorry I ve not taken not of the names of those abilities and since I dont play on an English client I might not even translate them correctly. I hope I could explain what I meant and would like to ask again for any insight on how and why you use it in your way.

Last I d like to ask you for any tips and tricks you have. I'd really appreciate if you could give me some tips since I m really driven to get a hc garrosh kill pre 6.0. So time is running and I will invest more and more into preperation. Sadly my guild isnt that driven in terms of motivation so people dont go above and beyond... actually most dont even go and try max their dps or w/e. So maybe I wont get a chance to get a kill on him :( but nevertheless I want to be prepared as best as possible which is why I m here and request your assistance.

Thanks a lot.

Shanloang-Ysera (EU)