FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Darkovan

Brewmaster Issues

Hi guys,

Recently restarted playing my Brewmaster main from MoP and after getting to 100 and gearing after following advice on these forums/web site i noticed Tigers Palm.

Why is my energy generation so bad! i have so many empty globels that i can only tigers palm into. I tried stacking haste a bit but it made no difference at all, at 1300 haste all i gained was 1/sec O_O if feels so damn horrible...which made 0 difference to my rotations at all, 1 extra chi every 40seconds is ...so garbage.

My rotation is like

Keg smash - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Jab - Chi Explosion - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Keg Smash - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Tigers Palm - Jab - Chi Explosion.

Am i doing something wrong? THIS FEEL SO BAD and im pretty sure im going to break my Tigers Palm key way ahead of its time.

Tiger Palm is used quite a lot as a filler ability for Brewmaster.  However, without logs, we can't really tell you if you're doing anything wrong or not.

2 hours ago, Aviendha said:

I'm not seeing Blackout Kick in this rotation.... Kind of Important. That may be part of the issue. It also applies your Shuffle buff.

When you have Chi Explosion talented, it replaces Blackout Kick.

I believe chi explosion is not the talent of choice for a beginner which if i'm not mistaken is mentioned in the guide.

It consumes all your chi which requires a bit better chi generation than a beginner can have so you start feeling that you lack energy trying to swiftly stack 3-4 chi before every chi explosion. Far better is to choose soul dance (if there is magic damage during the encounter) or serenity (if there is not) so you can use purifying brew much more frequently thus redusing damage taken and you'll still be able to use blackout kick from time to time to get the buff from it which is good but not as necessary.

Edited by ForumWarrior

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Velovictus
      A short music video paying homage to Brewmaster Monks everywhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHyN-wGW9xo

Much love!
    • By Rheshi
      Currently in need of a non-druid TANK and RANGED DPS, ilvl 340+ for heroic/mythic progression. 
      Latest recruitment updates always posted here WoW Progress (however, exceptional players outside of our specific needs will always be considered). Casual players welcome as well!
      Progression Raid Schedule: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. 7:30PM-10:30PM Eastern (server time). Casual members welcome!
      Contact: GM - Rheshi#1686 (discord & realid), Officers - ArcaneSyntax#11616, Theeos#1868, or Dennang#1899
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By Aleslugger
      First off, I absolutely adore this class and especially the brewmaster theme, but I'm just not making good use of it. I'm also not very good or knowledgable at it, so please excuse my stupidity in this ramble :P
      With other tanks, I always feel like I'm in control. I have abilities that easily gather all enemies to me, but it's so different with the monk. If we're not counting the artifact weapon's special ability (since you spend at least 98 levels without it), I basically have a single proper AoE attack, being the Keg Smash. Compared to other tanks' abilites like Thunder Clap, Blood Boil, etc., I feel like Keg Smash is absolutely terrible. It has a much smaller radius, so I always have to run around and try to herd groups into tight bunches before I can effect all of them. If I'm completely surrounded by enemies within melee range, I feel like I'm lucky if I hit even a third of them with the splash, and so often I have to run around and tag drifters with melee attacks. I'm really jealous of the other classes' spells that are centered on the caster or placeable.
      Am I doing something wrong, or is this a common problem? I know I have the Provoke ability as well, but being a single target spell with an 8 second cooldown, it doesn't really help my problem much. I really want to make my monk work, but I feel completely at a loss in dungeons and raids sometimes, and I always fall back to my prot paladin just because I feel like I'm doing an awful job with my monk.
      Pleeease show me how I'm being an idiot and how the brewmaster is actually a competent tank!
    • By Cirto
      Hi! I am running through antorus right now, and I'm trying to push heroic with my guild now. We just downed the hounds, and we won't be raiding again until next weekend. I was wondering if I can get some help with learning what I'm doing wrong with my monk, I'm a brewmaster tank, and I seem to be taking almost twice the damage of the other tank in the raid, the prot pally. What am I doing wrong? what can I fix? 
      Here's the link - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HZ8tYNGLM2T4bcfr/#fight=12&type=summary

Thanks very much!