FORUMS
Damien

Blood Death Knight 7.3

This might be a dumb question, but i didn't do a lot of research before launch...

The two different paths for the artifact build.... they lead to the same end result correct? Maxed out everything?

Is it just listed differently to help you WHILE leveling it up?

11 hours ago, Kegler said:

This might be a dumb question, but i didn't do a lot of research before launch...

The two different paths for the artifact build.... they lead to the same end result correct? Maxed out everything?

Is it just listed differently to help you WHILE leveling it up?

Yes, and while raiding, since you won't finish your path by the time you enter raids. This is true for all specs, eventually everyone will have all the artifact traits, but the order in which you get them makes a difference (especially since after 13 points or so, the Artifact Power costs go way up).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vlad said:

Yes, and while raiding, since you won't finish your path by the time you enter raids. This is true for all specs, eventually everyone will have all the artifact traits, but the order in which you get them makes a difference (especially since after 13 points or so, the Artifact Power costs go way up).

Thanks!

Posting here to query the choice of Purgatory as a level 100 talent - considering it doesn't actually *mitigate* any damage, and just gives you a 3 second window for you and your healers to save you - it won't do a thing if you're just taking more damage than can be healed - I'm a bit confused as to why it's being chosen over Blood Mirror, which does provide (admittedly small) mitigation and DPS?

Guest Kiriel

I have a question, would you say it's worth it to spend 11.2k artifact power to reset my weapon? I realized that I have gone the wrong way with skeletal shattering and bonus damage on blood plague instead of parry. My guild will be starting mythic as soon as it comes out so I assume that I will need survivability more than damage output.

On 8/31/2016 at 2:40 AM, Mistmoore said:

Should we be runeforging Fallen Crusader or Stoneskin Gargoyle?

I'm also curious what people think about this. I've been running Stoneskin Gargoyle because with such higher stats on gear, it seems like an additional 5% is a bit OP. Is the healing and strength from Fallen Crusader significant enough to be worth it?

17 hours ago, Guest Kiriel said:

I have a question, would you say it's worth it to spend 11.2k artifact power to reset my weapon? I realized that I have gone the wrong way with skeletal shattering and bonus damage on blood plague instead of parry. My guild will be starting mythic as soon as it comes out so I assume that I will need survivability more than damage output.

Could you clarify the path you took? It sounds like everything you chose is on the first or second path for survivability, except for Coagulopathy, the bonus damage on blood plague talent. Even if you invested 3 points in that, spending 11.2k AP to reset sounds like a really bad idea.

Guest Kiriel

Sure I could clarify

Vampiric Fangs - Rattling Bones - Bonebreaker - Coagulopathy - Skeletal Shattering (didn't pay attention to the equal to your critical strike part) - Blood Feast - All-consuming Rot which I now have two traits in.

Guest Kiriel

Yea I can clarify, probably should've done so in the first post.

Sanguinary Affinity(obviously) - Vampiric Fangs - Rattling Bones - Bonebreaker - Coagulopathy - Skeletal Shattering - Blood Feast - All-consuming Rot, the last one I have two traits in.

Guest Hakuren

ive not seen this mentioned maybe i missed it but, dancing rune weapon also seems to double the bone charges you get form marrowrend very useful on a pull where u want dps u need some quick charges, in dungs because they are easy i pop DRW then plague up and marrowrend twice for 10 charges then go about a dps rotation.

On 9/6/2016 at 2:59 PM, Guest Kiriel said:

Sure I could clarify

Vampiric Fangs - Rattling Bones - Bonebreaker - Coagulopathy - Skeletal Shattering (didn't pay attention to the equal to your critical strike part) - Blood Feast - All-consuming Rot which I now have two traits in.

The only things you really missed were Unending Thirst and Grim Perseverance. Sure, Coagulopathy is not ideal for survivability, but you should have plenty of time to get the survivability traits by the time raids are released on the 20th. I don't think paying such high AP costs to reset are worth 3 points.

Guest Remlek

Enjoyed reading the guide. Just wanted to point out that the BiS list still has WoD trinkets in it, which I doubt are BiS for legion.

Guest alucard604

what about the weapon enchantment? which rune should i pick?

12 hours ago, Guest alucard604 said:

AskMrRobot is recommending Stoneskin Gargoyle due to the heavy weight it gives armor. I am currently using that rune, but I'm unsure what would be the best way to test its effect vs. Fallen Crusader.

6 hours ago, nexalacer said:

AskMrRobot is recommending Stoneskin Gargoyle due to the heavy weight it gives armor. I am currently using that rune, but I'm unsure what would be the best way to test its effect vs. Fallen Crusader.

They are useful in different situations, depending on your goal.

19 hours ago, Guest alucard604 said:

Use Stoneskin for survivability and general tanking, use Fallen Crusader to maximise your DPS.

Guest Xeraxius

I have been looking everywhere I can think of to no avail, so I am inquiring here.

Does anyone have, know how to make, or can lead me to a person or place that has a weakauras string for tracking the ACTIVE MITIGATION, Just used Death Strike, buff for Marrowrend and Death Strike?  There is no buff that shows up in dungeons or dummies, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled WoW, Blizz says this may be an issue that needs looking into.  In the mean time, I am getting crushed in dungeons because the buff seems to decide randomly when to show up or if it will show up.  A WA string would help to know if it is up or if I need to DS or Marrowrend again for a mechanic.

3 hours ago, Guest Xeraxius said:

I have been looking everywhere I can think of to no avail, so I am inquiring here.

Does anyone have, know how to make, or can lead me to a person or place that has a weakauras string for tracking the ACTIVE MITIGATION, Just used Death Strike, buff for Marrowrend and Death Strike?  There is no buff that shows up in dungeons or dummies, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled WoW, Blizz says this may be an issue that needs looking into.  In the mean time, I am getting crushed in dungeons because the buff seems to decide randomly when to show up or if it will show up.  A WA string would help to know if it is up or if I need to DS or Marrowrend again for a mechanic.

Here is an export of a super simple Weak Aura string that places a texture on your screen when the buff "Recently Used Death Strike" is on you.

dKtWdaGAQe1UKeTnr1mPsvZLkvMTi3KkjFJuTtP0Er7wH9lu(Pevdts9Br52syOscdwOA4e6GcsNwPJrkNtIWcfewQeLftLILt0dPsPNcTmf1ZLQjsLutLKjlW0vDrjIUQGONbW1b1gvK(Sq2mvSDG6Juj0HPQPrW3PsKrsLGXbsJwkgVI4YuULG6Aa58G4Xa6VssVwI0uJkIlBNbOdstNyN4CLZvQvPaXcIbedOI4KYDC625uDDHAq61ccLqqxppxNoHfYjwSszMKHGO0I2SHcIOr82KdlnIaZszsQy7mBRzlaonxygAEUUEnaaqbONdGoHbjWt0d8lytj3Oit6QSaJTH1QjgSDxgEa8lyJOpLiUJ9vbMviMSBbSvJ4TjhwAev2KdlTU7qrlLcf4xW(VzJYbBYKhs3DUO0pcQ6wjC3hysIBaXqb(fSflUR2Vr(VzdI(GG9B2WNQE5gfzYovSvJkIxUrrMKkIDy3yGTXRqAo7eIyfL09UNOb2gNOly(0Bi2HDJb2ghHDC2jeR62qrvvufAzkEIWJl3Oitsfpppr)yl8FZgurSFV8ur0NeB8kiIgrFsSXxbCQBeperJOO062jkkTUDIo(aJOpj24zBnr4Uv1NeB8me8el87GkIhIOruuAD78eD2X2BOI4HiAefLw3orrP1TtS3i3rP88eVCJImjveh(cRtfB1iwMb0gpbjw8q2TGyXDT5FtS44LBPgppXbCHsUrrMSZ2zIU0g8govhQqUMgiqAZ5qRfeYPtybqeBSnQ5CkiOc15A115A6AaeQHsNWccetz(aQiEFYgNkIfWPVuXZtmyDCwGWPdHkIfWPVuXZtuMLmQiwaN(sfpprrWI3NSXPIybC6lv88eLEGgvelGtFPINNOJh43SbvelGtFPINNNiKYDC6250WqbudqqhGgiOZGGMxIz6ewqNNONkILzaTXtqIfpKDliwCxB(3eloE5wQX2za6G005jcMTAcZA8Ka

There is a buff that shows up. It looks the EXACT same as Death Strike's icon. You can see the buff here on wowhead:
Recently Used Death StrikeRecently Used Death Strike

The buff lasts for 3s and 3s only. If you are 'getting crushed in dungeons' that means you need to improve your timing. I would recommend reviewing the Dungeon Journal for abilities that require Active Mitigation and/or paying closer attention/retaining the pattern in which the boss goes through to ensure you can apply your Active Mitigation in time.
For example, Mythic Neltharion's Lair - Dargrul, requires Active Mitigation to prevent increased damage + massive knockback from Molten Crush. He uses this after he uses Landslide... every time. You have enough time to move back into melee range after the knockback and use Death Strike to prevent the damage bonus on Molten Crush.
Simple as that! There is always a pattern, so memorizing what abilities and where they show up are very key.

9 hours ago, TalonShadowsong said:

Here is an export of a super simple Weak Aura string that places a texture on your screen when the buff "Recently Used Death Strike" is on you.

Reveal hidden contents

There is a buff that shows up. It looks the EXACT same as Death Strike's icon. You can see the buff here on wowhead:
Recently Used Death StrikeRecently Used Death Strike

The buff lasts for 3s and 3s only. If you are 'getting crushed in dungeons' that means you need to improve your timing. I would recommend reviewing the Dungeon Journal for abilities that require Active Mitigation and/or paying closer attention/retaining the pattern in which the boss goes through to ensure you can apply your Active Mitigation in time.
For example, Mythic Neltharion's Lair - Dargrul, requires Active Mitigation to prevent increased damage + massive knockback from Molten Crush. He uses this after he uses Landslide... every time. You have enough time to move back into melee range after the knockback and use Death Strike to prevent the damage bonus on Molten Crush.
Simple as that! There is always a pattern, so memorizing what abilities and where they show up are very key.

^This is 100% accurate and a great explanation.

It seems to me you only actually see the "recently used death strike" buff in dungeons or against bosses that actually have the associated need for AM. Allegedly blizz has said this is a bug that is being worked on. As said above every boss has tank buster moves that will do something horrible to the tank and you want to time your death strike right before the attack fires off. So, sticking with Dargruls Molten Crush, if you death strike right when he casts the AM will run out before the cast bar is finished and you'll get blown around the room, you need to wait to just before he finishes the cast. Most bosses have some thing like this that its the tanks responsibility to be aware of. 

Now death strike does have secondary mitigation built in with blood shield and self healing, however, simply building a strong blood shield will not mitigate the AM damage attack.

So basically for tanks there are two kind of attacks. Basic hurt you attacks and something horrible is about to happen to you, use AM attacks. Dungeon journal will point out the differences :)

Guest Avlaen

is it me or is the rune forge choice missing under enchants and consumables