FORUMS
Damien

Frost Death Knight 7.3

On 9/9/2016 at 4:38 AM, Guest Dcake said:

Could you clarify the 1.3:1 ratio of crit to haste, specifically do you want 1.3:1 ratio of crit and haste % (i.e. 13% crit chance to 10% haste increase) or 1.3:1 ratio of crit rating to haste rating?

Basically  you want to balance your stats and have as much  crit / haste as possible since they work really well with eachother.

Guest usernr333

Will frost really be ok with just crit/haste? I got crit/haste on almost every item now but as i lost a ton of mastery my frostkills feels kind of weak now.

54 minutes ago, Guest usernr333 said:

Will frost really be ok with just crit/haste? I got crit/haste on almost every item now but as i lost a ton of mastery my frostkills feels kind of weak now.

Frost isn't okey no matter what stats you go with because the spec itself is weak right now but if you have to choose between versatility or mastery go with versatility after crit/haste.

10 hours ago, Guest Teepee said:

Frost ST dps is so garbage :(

Unfortunately, Frost in general is so garbage :(

Guest cyclopse

Im just wondering why is mastery so low on the list.  

Right now im trying Icy Talons, Frozen Pulse, and Runic Attenuation with crit/mastery, and basically in my rotation i try and make sure i never have any runes up so that frozen pulse is up as much as possible, my damage is not amazing but it does seem to be just a little better in single target dps. frozen pulse can sometimes reach 4th in the overall damage.

Mind you i do agree this spec does make a lot of the buffs in the artifact weapon useless.

4 hours ago, Guest cyclopse said:

Im just wondering why is mastery so low on the list.  

Right now im trying Icy Talons, Frozen Pulse, and Runic Attenuation with crit/mastery, and basically in my rotation i try and make sure i never have any runes up so that frozen pulse is up as much as possible, my damage is not amazing but it does seem to be just a little better in single target dps. frozen pulse can sometimes reach 4th in the overall damage.

Mind you i do agree this spec does make a lot of the buffs in the artifact weapon useless.

Because Frost is all about Killing Machine procs now and in order to get more you need to stack Crit and Haste for that. Then you have versatility and mastery which more or less do the same and increase your overall damage. Regarding Frost i don't consider it seriously because it's half finished job done with the spec, they left frost with no tools and even now having to ignore Obliterate is mind blowing. Even if they buff it and make it equal or better dps wise than Unholy right before Mythic ( which i doubt considering how the encounters in EN work )  i wouldn't want to play it. 

Guest Usernr333

It seems for me the change to Killing Machine was a huge nerf overall you have to get crit before you can have some dmgstats. You need a crit with autoattack to have a chance for a km-procc that's so ridiculous. :x

Even so i have 38% crit and 20% haste now but overall i dont see any difference from when i reached 110 and had almost no crit/haste. Killing machine proccs are fucking rare. Worst, even with heroism buff i cant notice any increase in km-proccs.

When my autoattack crits does anyone know how much percent the proccrate is?

11 hours ago, Guest Usernr333 said:

It seems for me the change to Killing Machine was a huge nerf overall you have to get crit before you can have some dmgstats. You need a crit with autoattack to have a chance for a km-procc that's so ridiculous. :x

Even so i have 38% crit and 20% haste now but overall i dont see any difference from when i reached 110 and had almost no crit/haste. Killing machine proccs are fucking rare. Worst, even with heroism buff i cant notice any increase in km-proccs.

When my autoattack crits does anyone know how much percent the proccrate is?

Not sure but shouldn't be as bad as you describe it even though i haven't touched Frost since they butchered the spec on beta.

Guest FC for OH in Legion?

The recommendations for enchants are Razorice for main-hand and Fallen Crusader for off-hand, as they have been since last expansion.  But since one of the artifact traits, Bad To the Bone, increases the damage of your Razorice enchant by 45%, is it still better to have FC on your offhand?

Frost isn't about Obliterate anymore.

Frostscythe and the other abilities scale really well with Mastery.

Tested a full Mastery build over the Weekend (45% Mastery - 25% Crit - 9% Haste) and it's damagewise much stronger than the "normal" Obliterate build.

Singletargetdmg absolutely competitive in Mythic Dungeons; Raids still will be bad. (did Arcway and Court of Stars with MM Hunter, Fury Warrior and WW Monk)

My Char http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Pestilencos/simple

You should test it by yourselfes. It made me smile :)

Edited by Pestilencos

Guest Totemlord

As someone holding several #1 rankings for frost DKs, I'm qualified to say that this guide needs to be changed to show a pure machinegun build for every scenario as the best possible setup. Not sure how to contact the creator of this guide, but here are my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15049895/latest/ (Make sure to change to frost as the default option shows my unholy log).

On 9/23/2016 at 7:53 PM, Guest Totemlord said:

As someone holding several #1 rankings for frost DKs, I'm qualified to say that this guide needs to be changed to show a pure machinegun build for every scenario as the best possible setup. Not sure how to contact the creator of this guide, but here are my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15049895/latest/ (Make sure to change to frost as the default option shows my unholy log).

Guides would be updated once i'm done with my Mythic raid which probably gonna happen in two weeks.

Guest Usernr333
On 19.9.2016 at 8:19 AM, Pestilencos said:

Frost isn't about Obliterate anymore.

Frostscythe and the other abilities scale really well with Mastery.

Tested a full Mastery build over the Weekend (45% Mastery - 25% Crit - 9% Haste) and it's damagewise much stronger than the "normal" Obliterate build.

Singletargetdmg absolutely competitive in Mythic Dungeons; Raids still will be bad. (did Arcway and Court of Stars with MM Hunter, Fury Warrior and WW Monk)

My Char http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Pestilencos/simple

You should test it by yourselfes. It made me smile :)

Yeah machinegun is really realy good and the upcoming hotfixes? Cant imagine whats possible, at cleave i was on top of any class in our raid and they buffing everything!!!!

Generic comment being mass posted over the comments threads guys.

We are aware of the changes and our writers are working hard to update the guides to suit what has changed. Currently, there is a lot of work still to be done and it's unlikely that every guide will be up-to-date immediately. Expect a flood of updates over the coming days that will answer all of your questions about what is now best after X change, in time for the reset next week.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Guest Rave

With machine gun rotation do we use obliterate at any point? Because otherwise we wont get rime procs correct?

1 hour ago, Guest Rave said:

With machine gun rotation do we use obliterate at any point? Because otherwise we wont get rime procs correct?

Yes, you do use obliterate. 

Guest Celeryjack
10 hours ago, Blainie said:

Yes, you do use obliterate. 

Can you give me an example please? I'm new to the class/spec. Obliterate seems to perform better on single target, but I was thrown off by the following bullet-point posted under the "machine gun" Frost DK rotation guide - 

http://puu.sh/rnaKa/bdf1452255.png

When would I use obliterate over frost scythe? 

2 hours ago, Guest Celeryjack said:

From what I can see, you should read the bottom of the Mastering Your DK section:

3.6.4. Tier 7 Talents

If you are using Obliteration Icon Obliteration, the rotation has two phases, depending on whether or not Obliteration is available. Outside of Obliteration, you should perform a normal rotation based on the priority listed above.

When Obliteration Icon Obliteration is about to become available, you should pool 50+ Runic Power in preparation for it, make sure that you do not have a Killing Machine Icon Killing Machine proc active (by consuming it), and then use Obliteration. During Obliteration, you should only use Frost Strike Icon Frost Strike (which will proc Killing Machine) and Obliterate Icon Obliterate (which will consume the proc), alternatively. If you get a Rime Icon Rime proc, you should use Howling Blast Icon Howling Blast to consume it before you use Obliterate again

Guest Sky
3 hours ago, Guest Celeryjack said:

I guess the question is when you use the set of talent for "Machine gun" , when would you use obliterate over frost scythe ?

Guest Nakuii

Hey i think Celery means something different.

He wants to know, when do u press ur obliterate and when frost scythe in the machine gun rotation.

http://puu.sh/rnaKa/bdf1452255.png

In the prio list is no obliterate, just frost scythe, but u need it for rime proccs. so when to use obli?:D

Fucking bad english, sry

11 minutes ago, Guest Nakuii said:

He wants to know, when do u press ur obliterate and when frost scythe in the machine gun rotation.

It seems like it's missing from the rotation, if it should be there I believe. Will pass this on and see if it is an error!

Guest Guest0704

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see where Rime procs could enter into the machine gun rotation as is.  Per your recommended rotation, Frostscythe is used at all times reguardless of KM procs, so where would Obliterate enter in for potential Rime procs?

53 minutes ago, Guest Guest0704 said:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see where Rime procs could enter into the machine gun rotation as is.  Per your recommended rotation, Frostscythe is used at all times reguardless of KM procs, so where would Obliterate enter in for potential Rime procs?

I've put it into our notes as an issue, it will be looked into in the near future and probably updated along with the guide updates next week after the big changes!