FORUMS
Damien

Frost Death Knight 7.3

On 12/22/2017 at 7:47 PM, alleraz said:

Well I just got the 4 set last night and simming myself using raidbot with it says SS should be doing about 6k more dps than RA while AMR says ill be doing about 10k less. My haste is at 33% though testing out stat weights on raidbot says haste should be my number 1 stat (which it is).

I assume you're putting crucible info into both with an addon/manually adding it? 

What's your armory? I'll take a look at your character as well.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

I assume you're putting crucible info into both with an addon/manually adding it? 

What's your armory? I'll take a look at your character as well.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/alleraz My vers is a little high but theres nothing I can really do abut that right now. Plus stat weights make it seem that vers and mastery are almost interchangeable(about a point difference), though that could just be the gear I have. But my haste is almost at 34%. Would love to get my t20 2 set back though.

And yea im using the addon with raidbots and putting in crucible info on AMR.

Edited by alleraz

45 minutes ago, alleraz said:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/alleraz My vers is a little high but theres nothing I can really do abut that right now. Plus stat weights make it seem that vers and mastery are almost interchangeable(about a point difference), though that could just be the gear I have. But my haste is almost at 34%. Would love to get my t20 2 set back though.

I just ran you through AMR and RaidBots both - both of them show RA as a loss of 6-8K.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

I just ran you through AMR and RaidBots both - both of them show RA as a loss of 6-8K.

Its true that raidbot does show 6-8k dps loss with RA, but AMR for me doesn't. AMR with RA is showing me at around 1.87mill while with SS its at 1.85mill(I just simmed). I dont know why its different for u with AMR, are u using the right crucible stats?

I do use the training dummie to test out on AMR since that gives a raw dps number.

Edited by alleraz

1 hour ago, alleraz said:

I do use the training dummie to test out on AMR since that gives a raw dps number.

So, I ran a training dummy test and got the same result as you, 20K loss while using SS. Then when swapping to Goroth (closest to Patchwerk real-raid fight), SS goes ahead. Really odd.

I'm not sure what to advise. Real-fight testing and see how you play with each?

19 minutes ago, Blainie said:

So, I ran a training dummy test and got the same result as you, 20K loss while using SS. Then when swapping to Goroth (closest to Patchwerk real-raid fight), SS goes ahead. Really odd.

I'm not sure what to advise. Real-fight testing and see how you play with each?

Yea the thing is raidbots says on patchwork which is pretty much their training dummy setting since its no more than a dps fight with no movement and it says im doing 6-8k dps better with SS. 

I find it odd that the training dummie setting says it's worse for me and other frost dks on AMR but yet their raidbots say other wise. It just could be an issue with AMR. 

I play fine with either really, it really doesnt change the playstyle at all so ill probably stick with SS since i think Raidbots is just a better simming program. Having FS crit over 2 mill with just the main hand feels good.

Edited by alleraz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, alleraz said:

Yea the thing is raidbots says on patchwork which is pretty much their training dummy setting since its no more than a dps fight with no movement and it says im doing 6-8k dps better with SS. 

I find it odd that the training dummie setting says it's worse for me and other frost dks on AMR but yet their raidbots say other wise. It just could be an issue with AMR. 

I play fine with either really, it really doesnt change the playstyle at all so ill probably stick with SS. Having FS crit over 2 mill with just the main hand feels good.

I feel like it's also close enough that you are in a position to play with either and, given the range in iterations on such small test, you'll barely see any difference in the actual DPS. Like you said, play with what you want and you'll barely notice a difference. Resim yourself with new gear and just keep checking it as you get upgrades IMO.

3 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I feel like it's also close enough that you are in a position to play with either and, given the range in iterations on such small test, you'll barely see any difference in the actual DPS. Like you said, play with what you want and you'll barely notice a difference. Resim yourself with new gear and just keep checking it as you get upgrades IMO.

Yea plus I do think raidbots is the better simmer then  AMR since it does use simcraft. I just have a feeling that AMR will say SS is gonna be worse for alot of Frost DKs on the training dummie setting for what ever reason.

Edited by alleraz

14 minutes ago, alleraz said:

Yea plus I do think raidbots is the better simmer then  AMR since it does use simcraft. I just have a feeling that AMR will say SS is gonna be worse for alot of Frost DKs on the training dummie setting for what ever reason.

I think it will always depend on the developer of the class, who is working on it etc.

I know that AMR has some solid staff behind their tool, but I don't generally use it for my own simming. I always stick to SimC/RB, so I always lean towards those results.

The Volatile Shielding Icon Volatile Shielding tier 5 talent can be used to increase the amount of damage absorbed by Anti-Magic Shell, allowing you to survive even more dangerous mechanics. Keep in mind that using this talent causes Anti-Magic Shell not to generate Runic Power. The damage that the talent deals is Arcane damage, which does not benefit from your Mastery.

I think this needs updated (tooltip now 100% additional RP, rather than none).  

On 1/15/2018 at 6:29 PM, PatrickHenry said:

I think this needs updated (tooltip now 100% additional RP, rather than none).  

Will let Vlad know for an update - took me a second to find it there, couldn't see it on the talent pages! Thanks!

Guest Celz

Hi. Is it possible to get the frost DK rotation section updated? It's VERY outdated. The last update was over 4 months ago. It doesn't even mention Obliteration anywhere. :/

On 08/05/2018 at 9:16 PM, Guest Celz said:

Hi. Is it possible to get the frost DK rotation section updated? It's VERY outdated. The last update was over 4 months ago. It doesn't even mention Obliteration anywhere. :/

From the guide:

If you are using the Breath of Sindragosa Icon Breath of Sindragosa or Obliteration Icon Obliteration, it is best to stack Pillar of Frost Icon Pillar of Frost with these talents.

The last major update to the game, 7.3.5, that actually changed classes was on January 17th. If you feel that something is specifically wrong, I can ask for an update, but there hasn't been any change to most classes in months. If a change happens, we will update the guide as necessary, but I'm not aware of anything that needs to be.

Guest Celz
4 hours ago, Blainie said:

The last major update to the game, 7.3.5, that actually changed classes was on January 17th. If you feel that something is specifically wrong, I can ask for an update, but there hasn't been any change to most classes in months. If a change happens, we will update the guide as necessary, but I'm not aware of anything that needs to be.

The detailed rotation guide is atrocious. It doesn't say how many enemies needed to use Frostscythe for example. It still assumes you are using Breath of Sindragosa. It doesn't tell you how to optimize burst in the starting window with Obliteration. Do you Frost Strike as filler? Or do you use Howling Blast? Some people tell me to almost never use Frost Strike because of Razorice stacks, and to only use it to burst them. It's very confusing stuff. I mean if you go and compare to Sub rogue how detailed the guide is, Frost DK is extremely lacking. The AOE section is almost completely useless, especially for Mythic+. I'm looking for very specific information, not just a generic guide like this. It doesn't even say which priority Remorseless Winter has without the Gathering Storm talent. And if I do have Frostscythe, and I happen to be on a single target encounter, do I use that instead of Obliterate?

I'm sure you can see how much is missing, and there is more, I just can't remember at the moment. :p

Guest celz

There is no sample rotation for optimal single target opener. No mention of the legendary chest where you use chains of ice and under which circumstances... do you use it with procs? do you use it on cooldown? no clue.

Guest sm0k3y

question, in the list of ranked FDK legendaries it shows kiljaedens burning wish about halfway down the list, but amanthuls vision is unlisted, however in the list above it for trinkets specifically, it says amanthuls vision is ahead of burning wish in value. is vision better than wish in all scenarios?

On 5/10/2018 at 10:45 AM, Guest Celz said:

I'm sure you can see how much is missing, and there is more, I just can't remember at the moment. :p

Completely forgot this, but you are right - there's a fair few things missing here. I've put up a note to get things added, but some things (being honest here) might not get added if it requires a large rework of the rotation section.

We're currently focusing on ensuring classes get their Battle for Azeroth pages up (Frost still needs theirs!), so hopefully we can get this done afterwards.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:41 PM, Guest sm0k3y said:

question, in the list of ranked FDK legendaries it shows kiljaedens burning wish about halfway down the list, but amanthuls vision is unlisted, however in the list above it for trinkets specifically, it says amanthuls vision is ahead of burning wish in value. is vision better than wish in all scenarios?

Aman'thul's, when ignoring the any other gear, is worse until you have around 7-8 other Pantheon trinkets in the raid.

The problem is, KJBW takes up a legendary slot, while Aman'thul's does not. There's about a 2% difference between a base-line Aman'thul and KJBW. A different legendary will definitely make up the difference of 2%, so you should use Aman'thul.

Guest spyOx

you have two different stat priorities on "Easy Mode" and "Stat priority" is that on purpose or a small mistake?

Greetings a fellow wow player that just started out

Guest Amartharos

Just a heads up, I was watching a beta stream today of a frost death knight and Ice pulse has recently been replaced with Sindragosa's Fury

Guest Whyareall

Why do you still recommend Omen when the game has shown your threat level without addons since Wrath of the Lich King?

On 6/7/2018 at 9:49 PM, Guest spyOx said:

you have two different stat priorities on "Easy Mode" and "Stat priority" is that on purpose or a small mistake?

Greetings a fellow wow player that just started out

Intended. Normal guide has much more reliance on simming yourself and taking Strength upgrades with simming to check. Easy Mode is assuming lower general item level and assuming players will not be willing to sim potential item level upgrades.

On 6/9/2018 at 12:47 AM, Guest Amartharos said:

Just a heads up, I was watching a beta stream today of a frost death knight and Ice pulse has recently been replaced with Sindragosa's Fury

I let the writer know, thanks!

On 6/9/2018 at 2:58 PM, Guest Whyareall said:

Why do you still recommend Omen when the game has shown your threat level without addons since Wrath of the Lich King?

Because Omen still shows things that the in-game module doesn't, as well as being useful when you use a full UI replacement like ElvUI.

This guide will be updated for the release of the pre-patch of Battle for Azeroth in the next few days. We are aiming to have every guide deployed prior to the patch going live.

Please note that a new feedback thread will be created for the new guide, meaning that this one will be archived. Any feedback you have for the new guide should be placed in the new comment thread.

Thank you all for your patience and we are working to get the new guides up as soon as possible.