FORUMS
Damien

Frost Death Knight 7.3

13 minutes ago, Guest kangaxx said:

Any ideas on frost trinkets yet? I'm still rocking M DC and H EDH but Reaper's Harvest looks tempting now that I actually use obliterate. There's also unending hunger, cursed plume, chipped soul prism and maybe even skull of war.

Probably gonna add a trinket section  after my raid tonight  but basically the trinkets that are good right now are Chipped Soul Prism (Kazzak), Skull of War, Stone of Elements ( Alchemy trinket ) if none of those you can use the BoA one vs Demon bosses. HFC trinkets are nerfed to the ground.

Guest Mark
4 hours ago, Tegu said:

Hey Mark we have Overview of the specs but we  can be more detailed with them  i guess. I'm thinking to add section like that for Legion, rather pointless for Pre-patch. If you want the guide to have something specific write it down and i'd try to deliver. Probably gonna make  section explaining which spec you should play for each boss in Legion or something like that, right now Unholy is just king everywhere except maybe Hellfire Council. Feedback is appreciated.

Hi Tegu,

Thats great, I was just reading some of the other class guides e.g. mage and warlock and they had sections on the first page for each spec that listed the strengths and weakness along with the viability e.g. this spec is good for mythic dungeons but bad for raiding, difficulty of rotation etc. I thought this gave a good summery/overview before you delved too deep into the guide so you could make sure that the spec you choose is the right one to play.

I agree with you that the specs may change a bit by legion so it might be a bit premature for this just yet.

Thanks for all the work you have put into the guides so far.

I appreciate your feedback and i agree with you Mark i would try to  put something like that tonight, meanwhile if you need something else to be added to the guides write it down.

Update: Did a few changes to talents and  added new rotation called "Machine-gun" which you should use on 2 targets or more. Next thing i'm gonna add is strength / weakness (mostly weakness sadly) for the spec and BiS / Trinket section with some explanation behind each choice. Most likely those updates will be available tomorrow.

Guest Azore
  • Normally, this should be refreshed by the Howling Blast Icon Howling Blasts you use with Rime Icon Rime procs, but if you do not have a Rime proc, you can even use Howling Blast without one if Frost Fever is about to expire.

In 2+ target rotations there are no obliterates, so you should not be getting rime procs

3 hours ago, Guest Azore said:
  • Normally, this should be refreshed by the Howling Blast Icon Howling Blasts you use with Rime Icon Rime procs, but if you do not have a Rime proc, you can even use Howling Blast without one if Frost Fever is about to expire.

In 2+ target rotations there are no obliterates, so you should not be getting rime procs

That is true,  it will be updated to just HB later on, thanks for the feedback.

Guest Machine gun build

I'm guessing that people more likely to be attached to Arthas' lore to be playing frost.

Speaking of attached on the machine gun rotation, Obliterate and frost strike are pretty much attached to each other since after Obliterate you should be able to cast frost strike to refresh Icy talons and should have enough runic power (a 6 second window is barely a comfort zone to keep Icy Talons up all the time), you can't obliterate twice in a row anyway to avoid wasting rime procs. Though there are some times when you are runic power starved when you spec frost scythe to keep Icy talons up

12 minutes ago, Guest Machine gun build said:

I'm guessing that people more likely to be attached to Arthas' lore to be playing frost.

Speaking of attached on the machine gun rotation, Obliterate and frost strike are pretty much attached to each other since after Obliterate you should be able to cast frost strike to refresh Icy talons and should have enough runic power (a 6 second window is barely a comfort zone to keep Icy Talons up all the time), you can't obliterate twice in a row anyway to avoid wasting rime procs. Though there are some times when you are runic power starved when you spec frost scythe to keep Icy talons up

If you are playing with the Machine gun rotation then you don't use Obliterate unless you end up in situation where you are left with just 1 target, isn't  actually that complicated to keep Icy Talons up if you are tracking it.

Update:

Removed the Rime procs for AoE since you won't get any from just using Frostscythe. 

Added Strengths / Weaknesses for Frost.

Added Trinket trinket section.

Guest Necro

What about prioritizing FS with 5 stacks of razorice if you have Shattering Strikes? For example if you have 4 of your runes on cd and 5 stacks shouldn't FS be your priority instead of using OB without KM to avoid losing potential stacks?

34 minutes ago, Guest Necro said:

What about prioritizing FS with 5 stacks of razorice if you have Shattering Strikes? For example if you have 4 of your runes on cd and 5 stacks shouldn't FS be your priority instead of using OB without KM to avoid losing potential stacks?

Yes in that situation you should prioritize FS with 5 stacks.

Guest KitKat

Hi, I would find it helpful if one more bit of info were added to this section and I hope you will consider my request, which is to advise what you think the best random secondary stat would be for gear and weapons.  For example, as the stat priority for this spec is crit greater than haste to a ratio of 1.3:1.0, then mastery, then versatility, I'm not sure whether to re-roll the secondary random stat on my crafted's to have crit and haste, which is Fireflash, or crit or haste and mastery, which is Peerless or Feverflare.

I have an alt of every class and spec and I love your website and all the info and help it provides.  Great work, guys!  Keep it up, you're an invaluable asset to the community :)

19 minutes ago, Guest KitKat said:

Hi, I would find it helpful if one more bit of info were added to this section and I hope you will consider my request, which is to advise what you think the best random secondary stat would be for gear and weapons.  For example, as the stat priority for this spec is crit greater than haste to a ratio of 1.3:1.0, then mastery, then versatility, I'm not sure whether to re-roll the secondary random stat on my crafted's to have crit and haste, which is Fireflash, or crit or haste and mastery, which is Peerless or Feverflare.

I have an alt of every class and spec and I love your website and all the info and help it provides.  Great work, guys!  Keep it up, you're an invaluable asset to the community :)

I don't understand what you mean by random secondary stat but basically the stat weights are like crit => haste > mastery > versatility. The stat weights numbers for crit and haste are there to help you balance your gear simply because you can't go full crit and not have the haste to back it up. With both stats combined you get huge amount of Killing Machine procs and then it comes down to mastery and versatility.

Guest Deathguust

Hello, i'm playing my dk now since it was launched. But is it me or did they destroyed the frost dps spec? And boosted the unholy spec?

I'm still trying to figure out wich spec to play when Legion comes out. Should i stay frost or should i go to unholy?

Wich of the 2 specs is best dps ? Or will it change when the expansion hits?

Grtz

Deathguust

4 hours ago, Guest Deathguust said:

Hello, i'm playing my dk now since it was launched. But is it me or did they destroyed the frost dps spec? And boosted the unholy spec?

I'm still trying to figure out wich spec to play when Legion comes out. Should i stay frost or should i go to unholy?

Wich of the 2 specs is best dps ? Or will it change when the expansion hits?

Grtz

Deathguust

I believe that their intentions is to make all specs viable but that's never going to happen right now Unholy is better and if things stay the way they are Unholy will dominate in the first  raid instance. Obviously there's time till release and a lot can change number wise, we are gonna have to wait and see.

Guest Kumer
On 8/2/2016 at 6:20 AM, Tegu said:

I believe that their intentions is to make all specs viable but that's never going to happen right now Unholy is better and if things stay the way they are Unholy will dominate in the first  raid instance. Obviously there's time till release and a lot can change number wise, we are gonna have to wait and see.

Was there a mini buff to Frost? I seem to be keeping up for UH

2 minutes ago, Guest Kumer said:

Was there a mini buff to Frost? I seem to be keeping up for UH

I'm not aware of any buffs to Frost.

Guest Hellrazzar

Hey tegu

i haven't played beta, but how does it look at lvl 110 with artifacts? Any idea?

thanks ahead of time. 

2 hours ago, Guest Hellrazzar said:

Hey tegu

i haven't played beta, but how does it look at lvl 110 with artifacts? Any idea?

thanks ahead of time. 

If you mean compared to Unholy then Frost is still behind.

Guest Yaneriaf

I have a question about the interaction between razorice and frost strike: When I cast Frost Strike at 5 stacks of Razorice, the stacks are set down to 1 again. This is only the case with Frost Strike. Obliterate and Frostscythe don't have this behaviour. What gives?

42 minutes ago, Guest Yaneriaf said:

I have a question about the interaction between razorice and frost strike: When I cast Frost Strike at 5 stacks of Razorice, the stacks are set down to 1 again. This is only the case with Frost Strike. Obliterate and Frostscythe don't have this behaviour. What gives?

that's what the shattering strikes talent does. It makes frost strike deal more damage. if you don't like rebuilding the stacks go with icy talons instead :)