L0rinda

hearthstone Brawl: Storming Stormwind

8 posts in this topic

PFNWtBk.jpg

This week's Tavern Brawl is called Storming Stormwind. It is a solo Brawl, in which you try to do as much damage to the computer controlled enemy as possible.

Storming Stormwind is the 60th Tavern Brawl, but it is the first Brawl where the player plays against the AI of the computer. The idea of the Brawl is to inflict as much damage as possible on Stormwind. The City of Stormwind starts with 1 Health, which increases as you damage it.

The City has two main defenses. It has an Armory, and a Barracks.

NraYSq8.png

The purpose of the Armory is to have synergy with the random Stormwind Soldiers. The available Stormwind Soldiers are shown below.

FM7Y2Hn.png

As long as you complete the game without conceding, it will always count as a win. The Brawl is good fun, and it is good to see Blizzard try a new concept. Also of note is the Battle Standard, furthering some hints we saw in the One Night in Kharazan teaser, that positioning might become more important in the future.

What is the highest score you have achieved? Let us know in the comments below!

I managed to get up to 91 damage using a pirate warrior deck, using weapons and minions to take out his minions while the frothing berzerkers piled up the bonuses. Lasted to round 10.

Do mind that the AI has a couple of extra cards on top the Swordsmen and Shieldmen to play. It seems particularly fond of using the Rusty Horn Spare Part on big Swordsmen.

I managed to get to 128 damage. Got a huge C'Thun out thanks to a couple of Brann Bronzebeard boosted minions that cleared the board. Then the AI dropped Shieldmen for a couple of turns, which C'Thun quickly eliminated while letting me get a huge board of my own and deal a lot of damage. Once C'Thun went down, though, I was quickly overwhelmed.

I managed to get to 612 damage. 

I lucked out with warrior and actually pulled of a Kel'thuzad/Emperor cobra/faceless manipulator combo, plus few taunts.

With cobras I was clearing his swordsmans, with manipulator I got his swordsman which got increasing bonus from castle everytime it got revived increasing its damage, and Kel'thuzad revived my cobras and taunts every turn. 

I actually fatigued the castle, I lost when I got deep into fatigue myself :) 

I could have scored even more, did some stupid miscalculations on reviving. 

Had lots of luck anyhow...

Posted (edited)

The only reason I like this brawl is that it's easy to complete my daily quests.  To that end, I am using my creative genius (*cough*) to make decks that hurt me the fastest.  Is this what the Blizz-Genies intended?

Ultimately, I find this brawl fairly pointless, because the win condition (for me) is to lose.  I have no interest in maximizing my eventual defeat against an unstoppable foe.

It's also a shame the AI is so stupid.  It silences Flame Imps.  It places it's "on either side" buff at the end.  It creates minions when it has lethal already.  (Unless they programmed in BM on purpose.)

Edited by mimech

Posted (edited)

I managed 380 damage with Bloodlust Shaman, seems that if you reach 1000 damage you actually destroy Stormwind.

Edited by Kokuendan
spelling error

well it dies at 1000 damage

Priest with silence, weapon removal to reset his minions strength, Kel'Thuzad and Chromaggus for extra resources and a huge taunt minion on board shut him down.

Note that the AI runs silence, lightbomb, enter the colisseum, Dark Bargain and execute

People have been getting to damage running in the millions (see reddit threads for details) using priest buff decks. Makes my 214 max seems a little pointless :)

If you want to get far ahead in the damage, a good tactic is getting a large taunt minion + kel'thuzad out, this 'bugs' the instance and stormwind stops attacking, giving you the opportunity of building up a massive playing field.

Anyway, great brawl to get the quests which require you to win battles, as long as you don't concede, it is a 100% win, lovely gold, such lovely, easy gold!!