FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Beli

Some tips would be appreaciated!

Hello everyone, i am new to rogue(assasination). Started playing wow after few years break and i would love to know if i am doing good.I have red a lot of posts here on icy-veins and worked a lot to improve my dps, so any feedback would be really cool. Any tips or suggestions from good rogues. Thanks in advance!

862ilvl - 22055 agility

My stats: mastery 135%, crit 28%, haste 5%, vers 9%

Here is the warcraft logs link (Xavius Normal):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9gxJrnP36Ccd1pvT/#fight=55&view=rankings

Here is the other log (Nythendra Heroic), i dont know if this is relevant since i died on the end of the fight:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9gxJrnP36Ccd1pvT/#fight=57

Edited by Beli

Um, if I'm reading this correctly, and assuming you're Beli, you're in the 95-99th percentile for your item level. You have nearly 100% uptime on rupture, 100% uptime on AP, you're running the correct build for your stats, you have all the correct enhancements. Is there anything specific you needed tips for? The only thing I can think of is to use crimson vial or feint more often, just to help out your healers even though you're overgeared. (edit: Only on the Xavius fight.) I can't see anything you're doing wrong, but I am also pretty new to both rogue and Sin, so I wish I had more advice to give

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By weedle
      1. can i do comparable ( to subtlety ) damage as assasination rogue? what is difference in %?
      2. shadowcraft shows me that subterfuge is 25k dps more than nightstalker, is it real?
      3. simcraft shows me, that my dps now as assasination is 25-30k less than subtlety ( 55 and 59 artifact level ), will it be the same gap when i get 59 assa artifact, or subtlety damage is always higher?
    • By Borgeus
      Hello all rogues in Azeroth. I'm a 915 assasination rogue. Can pull 1,5m burst dps and substain around 700-900k dps during longer fights. 
      Since my question is about relics I don't feel the use of armory and logs to answer my question. 
      My weapon is ilvl 920 and I feel it's falling behind with my raidpartners and I'm thinking of when to switch out what I'm using. Since I'm using two master assasin + boots my vendetta is on around 45 sec CD
      I have: 
      shadow: 905 toxic blade relic.
      Iron: 885 master assasin relic.
      Blood: 900 master assasin relic.

Should I focus more on ilvl with for example Iron-relic? 
      See you around and remember. If someone scary comes. Vanish, shadowstep, Mutilate 
    • By Supaserg
      Hey guys and gals. I'm fairly new to assassination, my rogue was originally a SUB rogue, for legion I changed to Outlaw, and finally Assassination. I've been raiding now with it for a good couple of months with my current spec, I've tried to follow the icy veins guide as close as I can, when it comes to BIS, rotation, etc.  I'm struggling to get the numbers, I'm supposed to be getting according to my gear level. 
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/fizzcrank/Atreyiu/simple
      I am aware I don't have all my BIS, but I'm working on it. My guild is currently doing NH Heroic, and so far we are 6 bosses in. And most of the pieces I need are in the later bosses, so far we haven't been able to progress that far.
      according to warcraftlogs, my dps is in the very low end of the spectrum. and I agree, there is another rogue in my guild that puts out almost 35% more dps than I do, and he is at 898 right now.
      these are my logs
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22393791/latest/

these are the logs for my guildee, that whoops my butt in dps every time (he is a really cool dude and has tried to help me, but because of his and my work schedule I only get to talk to him during raid times)
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17154275/latest/

Also my rotation for single target goes as follows: Garrote-mutilate-rupture(5point)--mutilate-mutilate(5point)-envenom-kingsbane--vendetta--garrote(keeping it up)-mutilate-mutilate-vanish-rupture---rinse and repeat.

So if you guys have any advice, on areas I could improve. I would greatly appreciate it.

• By SStiil
      So i'm currently looking for an addon which shows the poison uptime on the enemy nameplate. I'm currently using KuiNameplates, but by default it only shows the uptime on me bleeds, and it gets quite annoying looking at the enemy unit frame for Surge of Toxins. Is there any way to add it to the display, or does anyone know of an nameplate addon which shows poison uptime on the nameplate along with bleeds?
      I thank you all beforehand for all help.
    • By Cei
      I've just started using the Agonizing Poison build and I'm enjoying it, but I'm of course still having the ever-annoying problem of not being able to do much AOE damage.  I decided to try switching to deadly for trash (then back to AP for bosses ofc.), especially in aoe heavy dungeons and it seems to be giving me better results.  I would assume this is due to getting more immediate effects from DP than AP on quick pulls..  Does this make sense?  Or am I just imagining things?