Cei

Poison swapping when running Agonizing in M+

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

I've just started using the Agonizing Poison build and I'm enjoying it, but I'm of course still having the ever-annoying problem of not being able to do much AOE damage.  I decided to try switching to deadly for trash (then back to AP for bosses ofc.), especially in aoe heavy dungeons and it seems to be giving me better results.  I would assume this is due to getting more immediate effects from DP than AP on quick pulls..  Does this make sense?  Or am I just imagining things?

10 hours ago, Cei said:

I've just started using the Agonizing Poison build and I'm enjoying it, but I'm of course still having the ever-annoying problem of not being able to do much AOE damage.  I decided to try switching to deadly for trash (then back to AP for bosses ofc.), especially in aoe heavy dungeons and it seems to be giving me better results.  I would assume this is due to getting more immediate effects from DP than AP on quick pulls..  Does this make sense?  Or am I just imagining things?

No that's right. AP doesn't actually deal any damage, so DP will give more benefit on trash. 

Trash fights / AoE burst is Sin's biggest weakness though, so if you're in a situation that calls for that, other people or specs will do a better job than you will.

11 hours ago, Carrn said:

No that's right. AP doesn't actually deal any damage, so DP will give more benefit on trash. 

Trash fights / AoE burst is Sin's biggest weakness though, so if you're in a situation that calls for that, other people or specs will do a better job than you will.

Thanks.  I thought so, I was just hesitant because I believe the guide says to use FoK to apply Agonizing.  The DP swap seems to make more sense though.  Now if I can just get a tank to wait the four seconds for me to switch back when we get to a boss...

25 minutes ago, Cei said:

Thanks.  I thought so, I was just hesitant because I believe the guide says to use FoK to apply Agonizing.  The DP swap seems to make more sense though.  Now if I can just get a tank to wait the four seconds for me to switch back when we get to a boss...

Just don't run Agonizing. Run Alacrity, or Exsang if you have to

I guess this could work if you have comms with the tank but most tanks in pugs will forget to wait. I'm probably going to go back into my vers/crit gear and try alacrity or exsang out. Alacrity being for more aoe and I guess exsang being for more ST, could depend on the actual keystone you are running on which you choose maybe? I dont know.. just testing atm