Cei

Poison swapping when running Agonizing in M+

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

I've just started using the Agonizing Poison build and I'm enjoying it, but I'm of course still having the ever-annoying problem of not being able to do much AOE damage.  I decided to try switching to deadly for trash (then back to AP for bosses ofc.), especially in aoe heavy dungeons and it seems to be giving me better results.  I would assume this is due to getting more immediate effects from DP than AP on quick pulls..  Does this make sense?  Or am I just imagining things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cei said:

I've just started using the Agonizing Poison build and I'm enjoying it, but I'm of course still having the ever-annoying problem of not being able to do much AOE damage.  I decided to try switching to deadly for trash (then back to AP for bosses ofc.), especially in aoe heavy dungeons and it seems to be giving me better results.  I would assume this is due to getting more immediate effects from DP than AP on quick pulls..  Does this make sense?  Or am I just imagining things?

No that's right. AP doesn't actually deal any damage, so DP will give more benefit on trash. 

Trash fights / AoE burst is Sin's biggest weakness though, so if you're in a situation that calls for that, other people or specs will do a better job than you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Carrn said:

No that's right. AP doesn't actually deal any damage, so DP will give more benefit on trash. 

Trash fights / AoE burst is Sin's biggest weakness though, so if you're in a situation that calls for that, other people or specs will do a better job than you will.

Thanks.  I thought so, I was just hesitant because I believe the guide says to use FoK to apply Agonizing.  The DP swap seems to make more sense though.  Now if I can just get a tank to wait the four seconds for me to switch back when we get to a boss...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cei said:

Thanks.  I thought so, I was just hesitant because I believe the guide says to use FoK to apply Agonizing.  The DP swap seems to make more sense though.  Now if I can just get a tank to wait the four seconds for me to switch back when we get to a boss...

Just don't run Agonizing. Run Alacrity, or Exsang if you have to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this could work if you have comms with the tank but most tanks in pugs will forget to wait. I'm probably going to go back into my vers/crit gear and try alacrity or exsang out. Alacrity being for more aoe and I guess exsang being for more ST, could depend on the actual keystone you are running on which you choose maybe? I dont know.. just testing atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Igneous Quest Rogue Deck.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Quest Rogue Deck.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Quest Rogue Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Thief Rogue Archetype guide.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting range DPS & Tank. We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 7/11 Mythic Antorus. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:15 PM until 12:15 AM Eastern. Currently, our main goal is to push Mythic progression & finish out the raid before next patch, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us, because we will not be doing Heroic or anything like that.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated. In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      As far as classes are concerned, at this time, we do not have ANY rogues, DPS warriors, havoc DH, or wind walkers.
      If you are interested, add me to battle tag and we will talk (violentravi#1826), I will accept mostly anyone who wants to be a bench or casual, but for raiding purposes, you must be able to provide logs.  If you cannot get ahold of me in game, I work nights, please shoot me an email, I check it at work often and I can get ahold of other officers via text/discord if it's urgent! violentnacho@gmail.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho