FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
RomsKidd

Hailstorm with Eye of the Twisting Nether in 7.1.5

Hello guys,

I have the legendary ring Eye of the Twisting Nether, but Hailstorm is nerfed and should not be used anymore, is it still worth it to take this talent with that ring and do rotation with Frostband or not anymore? :/

Thanks a lot guys!

Edited by RomsKidd
Minor text fixes

From what I've seen, Hailstorm is only worth it if you have Eye & Akainu's (and nothing else available), and Frostbrand isn't worth using ever.

One guy simmed here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2148760-akainu-eye-of-tn-hailstorm

In the grand scheme of things, it seems like our builds sim in a much tighter range than they used to. So it might just depend on what you're comfortable with. Personally I want to try out Improved Stormlash until I get 2pc or maybe even 4pc. I like a more relaxed, less mashy playstyle and I like the changes that allow us to do that.

Currently Hailstorm isn't worth using ever. It just about breaks even if you are using the ring and the bracers in fringe circumstances (i.e. also using Hot Hand), but has a significantly higher gameplay input for no fundamental change in how damage is dealt.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Huard1968
      Ok, just got the Insignia of the Grand Army ring from normal Antorus.  Would keeping Soul of the Huntmaster make more sense because it gives me Lock and Load talent free?
      My other Ledgendary I wear is Prydaz.

Thanks
      Ok, after I posted this I went and tested my DPS against the raid target dummy and found withhttp://www.wowhead.com/item=152626/insignia-of-the-grand-army ( it was ilevel 1000) my DPS was upped by 800k over using   http://www.wowhead.com/item=151641/soul-of-the-huntmaster. 

• By Mau
      <Unity Path>
      Twisting Nether - Horde

Formed in legion, members are playing together for a long time.

We are a friendly, semi-casual PvE guild. Our first aim is having fun while killing demons, bringing bosses down, liberating Azeroth, and now reclaiming Argus too!

Beside that we are a raiding group which is happy to clear hc, raiding two nights (wednesday and monday 7.30-10.30 realm time) and doing alt runs for new recruits, who needs items from normal difficulty and our alts...

Currently recruiting Shaman/Pally/Priest healer, Hunter/shaman/balance druid, Guardian druid.
      Those are what we are especially looking for but almost every class/spec is welcome atm. 

We are an international, english speaking guild.

For more information, you can reach out our officers;
      Maunee (Xaviel#2718)
      Flupes (Flupes#2189)
      Rupaw
    • By PinkLuigi
      I know shamans are kinda messed up right now, what else is new.
      But I'm up to 900 and my already underwhelming DPS has seen no significant increase. I'm pretty sure it's tied to my low haste rating, but I'd like to make sure and see if it's just that or something else I can work to change.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/nimbonya

I'll Sim around 760k, This week I got 630k on Krosus, going up to 900k on Skorp and Tich.
      I feel like this is all far too low, one of our top dps is a warlock at i897 and often easily goes 900k and up just on single target.
      I could really use some help figuring out what I've done wrong and what I could improve.

My usual priority rotation works as follows:
      >Maintain Landslide/Flametongue/Hailstorm
      >Doom winds when off CD and Stormbringer proc'd.
      >Stormstrike when proc'd
      >LavaLash when proc'd
      >Stormstrike when off CD
      >Lavalash when 90+ Maelstrom
      >Rockbiter when -90 Maelstrom
      Feral Spirit-Crash Lightning combo and Doom Winds I'll sometimes delay if there's an add/burn phase, and I have a habit of refreshing Flametongue and Hailstorm on CD if I don't have any procs. I'll also occasionally mismanage Maelstrom and need to do 2-3 Rockbiters to get back up to speed.

My opener consists of: Prolonged Power>Feral Spirit>Rockbiter>Crash Lightning>Flametongue>Frostbrand>Stormstrike
    • By Underclocked
      Okay, so i got a 3rd legendary for my frost mage, Sephuz's Secret, the issue is that I have the crafted legendary shoulders and Lady Vashj's gloves equipped. My stats: Crit 33%, Haste 23%, Mastery 32%, and Vers 4%. When I equip the ring, my crit and haste bump quite a bit up, and i lose a bit of mastery (because the gloves i use as a replacement have crit and haste too). Should I keep gloves on for their equip bonus, or should i replace them with Sephuz's for the stats and ilvl increase? I know my crit will be above the soft cap with ring, but i can swap gems and enchants for haste ones as noted on the guide.
      ~Thanks, Underclocked
    • By Moonfly
      Hello everyone,

SALT is an 18+ Horde PVE guild located on Twisting Nether EU, formed at the start of Legion.

Our goal is to provide a fun but progressive raiding environment, with a focus on clearing relevant heroic and mythic content.

We are recruiting to strengthen our main team as we progress further into mythic Nighthold. We have several vacancies for players who can demonstrate maturity (18+), commitment and a strong knowledge of their class and spec.

Main team:
      Melee DPS Ret Paladin Rogue Ranged DPS Boomkin SPriest Warlock Social team:
      All classes
      * Even if we are not currently recruiting your class/spec we are always open to take a look at exceptional players/applications.

Website: www.SALT.guildlaunch.com. You can also find us on the EU Twisting Nether forum if you search there.

Progress

Nighthold :
      10/10 Normal
      10/10 Heroic
      2/10 Mythic
      Trial of Valor:
      3/3 Normal
      3/3 Heroic
      Emerald Nightmare:
      7/7Normal
      7/7 Heroic
      1/7 Mythic

Raid Days:
      Wednesday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Thursday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Sunday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      (Alt / social runs on Saturday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time)

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit our website for more information. Alternatively, please speak to one of our officers in game: Zherin, Moonfly or Vrenck.

Casual/social players are always welcome

We look forward to hearing from you.