MoP: Spirit of Harmony and Mote of Harmony

29 replies to this topic Started by Damien, Aug 13 2012 11:49 AM crafting mop
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Soooo much better than "losing" a chaos orb roll at the end of the instance!

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
I'm mildly concerned that these things will be so farmable that we're back to a mandatory grind for maximizing professions. That's not very fun =[

Soooo much better than "losing" a chaos orb roll at the end of the instance!

<other dude wins his 1234342th orb> "pity these things don't vendor well" <I need for actual gear upgrade> "Aaargrargromfgsifljgsd!" <incoherent with frustration>

Stoove is the wizard of all things shaman related. He is neither late nor early, For he arrives precisely when he intends to.

The sole test of theory is experiment. The sole test of experiment is theory.

Theorycraft, Simulationcraft, Experimentalcraft. Who says WoW and science are different?

I use this as my moderator voice.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

lmendonca
  • lmendonca
  • Worker
  • LocationBrazil

You can always redeem the tokens on your main and send the mats you obtained to your alts, although it doesn't work for things like Ironpaw Tokens Posted Image

Yes, but would be nice send the Spirit of Harmony too.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

lmendonca
  • lmendonca
  • Worker
  • LocationBrazil
today we had a blue about this.

Professions: Living in Perfect Harmony

As with any new expansion, we often find that we have an opportunity to take a closer look at a variety of game systems within World of Warcraft and explore new ideas or improvements to the game. One system in particular is held near and dear to the hearts of the community: professions. With Mists of Pandaria, the designers were able to seize upon an opportunity to look at the role of materials and refine their purpose and their usefulness. In the end, they came up with Spirit of Harmony as the new resource du jour.

Harmonious Prospects

In Mists of Pandaria, we’re introducing a new material known as the Spirit of Harmony. It slices— it dices— well, ok, it doesn’t, but crafters of any stripe will find it has many uses. By now, any experienced crafter is used to filling bags with a variety of materials such as Primal Life, Primal Fire, Primal Earth, etc. but in Mists of Pandaria, it’s all about Spirit of Harmony (in combination with the usual materials, like ore, leather, and gems). Spirit of Harmony is the result of the designers simplifying an already complex system while still keeping a wide variety of possibilities open to players. Much like with other Primals, Motes of Harmony can be combined (10 to 1) to create one Spirit of Harmony.

Harmony is Personal

Let’s get right to it. Spirit of Harmony is a Bind on Pickup (or “BoP” to veterans) crafting material that can be found on every lootable creature in every zone in Pandaria -- from dungeons to the outdoor world. Intially, we want crafters to be out in the world adventuring instead of camping out in front of an auctioneer, hoping to score some cheap mats.

We understand that this may be of concern to those who play a variety of profession alts, and may consider other options for the future, including the possibility of allowing Spirits of Harmony to be Bind to Account in a future patch.

In addition to serving as a core crafting ingredient, Spirits of Harmony can also be used to purchase a variety of additional bonuses or materials that your character may need. While not every profession will get equal value out of them, most everyone will need to collect them for one reason or another.

Here are some examples of the many ways that Spirit of Harmony can be used:

• Alchemy: Purchase an extra Transmute.
  • Archaeology: Purchase a restored artifact.
  • Cooking: Exchange for an Iron Paw Token.
  • Enchanting: Buy reagents.
  • Engineering: New mounts and personal goggles.
  • Herbalism: Purchase herbs.
  • Jewelcrafting: Use to purchase extra daily discoveries.
  • Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking: Used to create epic items.

Purchasing materials may not ultimately be the most efficient way to gain resources, but it can be an added convenience to purchase something with Spirit of Harmony rather than going back into the world to get it. The Spirit of Harmony vendor can be found in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

(Source)

ps.: I don't know how to edit the quote like the posts in the news section.

Edited by MadMonk, 15 August 2012 - 06:22 PM.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium

ps.: I don't know how to edit the quote like the posts in the news section.

I took the liberty to do that for you.

I hope they don't wait too long to make the spirits or motes bind to account, that will really help with alts. Besides that I think it is a great system, some professions might have a bit less of an advantage, but you can always use the spirits to buy materials for your other professions or to sell on the auction house.
Healer for Life!

Monk healer MadMonk - Warcry - EU Auchindoun

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

lmendonca
  • lmendonca
  • Worker
  • LocationBrazil

I took the liberty to do that for you.

I hope they don't wait too long to make the spirits or motes bind to account, that will really help with alts. Besides that I think it is a great system, some professions might have a bit less of an advantage, but you can always use the spirits to buy materials for your other professions or to sell on the auction house.

Ty for edit the post Posted Image

I hope that too. But i'm ok, by now, to have the opportunity of buying materials with my herb/mining and send it to other toon or sell it.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Regardless its better than the chaos orb system in Cata. I have a lot of profession "mules" that I've levelled up to 80 so I can just learn the new professions, but I'm more than happy to forfeit the high end recipes because I wont be killing high end mobs / bosses. Makes sense really. Also takes the ability to ninja away an orb off someone, but also means you can trade them in for useful things if you no longer need them. Win win I say.

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

lmendonca
  • lmendonca
  • Worker
  • LocationBrazil

Regardless its better than the chaos orb system in Cata.

couldn't agree more. Still I'm imagining myself farming the last 2 or 3 Spirit of Harmony to craft my new gear and QQing about it .

edit: not because of the system, I liked it, because they are not yet BoA

Edited by lmendonca, 15 August 2012 - 07:44 PM.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Rezinol
  • Rezinol
  • Vagrant
I just spent my first three Spirit of Harmony on getting an extra JC Research, I'm not sure if that was the best idea for me, especially since I don't know if I can use it for Enchanting. I am using JC to make my money though so I thought it'd be a win-win for me, anyone else think I can make better use of them? EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the blue post above and it looks like I made the right choice!

Edited by Rezinol, 28 September 2012 - 11:48 PM.

Posted Image

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Daowen
  • Daowen
  • Commander
  • LocationNetherlands
just a tip to get some more motes: plant a Songbell seed at your farm. not te easiest way or cheapest way, but at least you can get a spirit of harmony extra

Posted Image

I'm not online.....It's just your imagination

Active Users

1 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users