Valkyr

Craft now before Mammoth hits, or wait for Mammoth to hit?

5 posts in this topic

TL;DR: I'm mostly behind the curve each xpansion period in terms of being able to play certain decks. If I wait till year of mamoth I may miss out on experiencing certain decks which are viable right now but need specific legendaries like patches, Aya and finja. Craft now to enjoy these decks, or be smart and get ahead of the curve come next xpac. Esp. since there will be no more adventures making it harder to collect the cards.

So, I'm done buying more MSG packs since I reset my pity counter. The only meta cards I got were Kazakus and priest legendary. I haven't seen warlock legendary used much so that will sit idle until it becomes viable. 

Now i don't have patches or Aya or finja. Normal logic would tell me that its one month to new xpac so might as well wait for that and then spend my dust on cards which are still strong after Un'goro. But I'm starting to get tired of never being able to try various decks because I couldn't get all the important cards from an expac when they were still relevant. If I wait for next xpac, I would never have had the experience of trying patches pirate decks, or be on the other side of the "screw aya" conversation. OR try a completely different style of rogue play with finja.

The question is, is it worth it to craft any of those crafts right now or is it better to just play casually this month and go all out next xpac!  

I have 6500 dust readily available and another 15000 available if i disenchant my extra cards (which i dont like doing because nerf value)

Also worth mentioning i'm still missing some key classic legendaries like alex, ysera, cairne, grommash, blood mage thalnos...

My fav classes are Rogue, mage, warlock,  but i play all classes based on what their play style is currently.

Edited by Valkyr
added TL;DR

If you can reach rank 5 for the golden epic each month, do whatever feels better. If not, craft cards for the best decks to be able to reach rank 5 each season. Simple as that.

I have never reached higher than rank 9. I thought with the new floor system I would be able to get much higher than before. Cut to show me still stuck at rank 20 this season.

When in doubt, save up for the next meta. 99,99% chance both Patches and Aya will be key cards once Un'Goro is out, but it'll be still time to craft them at that point. And there is no real point in investing into cards that will rotate out soon, unless you want to play Wild.

I'm pretty in the same boat, even though i have almost all tier 1, 2 decks. For myself I decided to save for new expansion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SoundBox97
      So I just got back into playing hearthstone again, been a little over a year(still consider myself a noob), and I just got enough dust to craft a legendary. I've been playing priest a lot lately due to the shadowreaper anduin drop, and I've really been enjoying it, but can't seem to get past rank 20. Should I craft Lyra, Raza, or Velen to make that deck better, or forgo crafting a legendary and focus more on rares/epics to fill out the deck?
      I think it's a control deck but I'm not entirely sure, still new to building decks.
      http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/priest#38:1;74:1;232:1;315:2;401:1;415:2;431:2;438:1;544:1;547:1;600:2;641:1;656:1;671:1;35240:1;49630:2;49638:1;55543:2;58722:2;62870:1;62889:1;62951:2
    • By Albrod
      Hi, im new in here. 
      I decided to share this build i made. It fun to play also it's great to do the achievement seasonal [Legendary].
      I want to hear some feedback if anyone can help to improve this build.
      I know isn't the best but i don't care just want to play something fun and useful.
      In a couple of hours i will be uploading a gameplay video.
      Click here to see this build on diablofans site.
      Rathma's court

Actually i make this with all the stuff i get until now on season game so could there be a better legendary to use or a better skill combinations and that's why i came here i want to improve it.

• By JubblyPuff
      Anyone know if the Broken Crown (aka The Ancient Crown of Rakkis) https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/broken-crown#latest still drops?  It used to spawn in Leoric's thrown room after the boss fight.   A couple dropped for me, but that was long ago.  Unfortunately I lost my only copy on a hardcore DH before extracting in KC.  Doh!

• By Bugzy2341
      I created a guide for Crafting in Legion. It was posted on Wowhead a few days ago. You can check it out here. http://www.wowhead.com/guide=5282. Let me know what you think of it.
    • By OroNerVoSo
      grettings icy veins!
      want to share a new funny deck xD
      Bite weed 8/8 turn 3? we got this!
      i'm going to try a FULL GIANT rogue deck. due to Mimic Pod and Thistle Tea we can stack up and tech also for another type of GIANT , while we tech for the standard giant Arcane Giant , using the two cards above we can also tech for : Mountain Giant 
      while we tech for giants we will fullfill the board with tougher Edwin VanCleef and Biteweed.

Here it is the list without Mountain Giant because i have to craft and test it.
      Counterfeit Coin x2
      Preparation x2
      Backstab x2
      Hallucination x2
      Bladed Cultist x2 (not sure... it can be swapped with everything you want)
      Biteweed x2
      Jade Shuriken x2 (this really can summon a 4/4 without any other jade cards. events , this deck is randomized events)
      Shiv x2
      Eviscerate x2
      Mimic Pod x2
      Fan of Knives x2
      Edwin VanCleef x1
      Sherazin, Corpse Flower x1 (we do not run much creatures in the deck , but mid late we play lots of cards. LOTS i mean LOTS of cards.)
      Vilespine Slayer x2 
      Thistle Tea x2
      Arcane Giant x2
      Have fun!

This is actually winning against hunter face decks.

Mulligan --> just search spells. SHIV got priority over everything. hero power too. (not always)