Valkyr

Craft now before Mammoth hits, or wait for Mammoth to hit?

5 posts in this topic

TL;DR: I'm mostly behind the curve each xpansion period in terms of being able to play certain decks. If I wait till year of mamoth I may miss out on experiencing certain decks which are viable right now but need specific legendaries like patches, Aya and finja. Craft now to enjoy these decks, or be smart and get ahead of the curve come next xpac. Esp. since there will be no more adventures making it harder to collect the cards.

So, I'm done buying more MSG packs since I reset my pity counter. The only meta cards I got were Kazakus and priest legendary. I haven't seen warlock legendary used much so that will sit idle until it becomes viable. 

Now i don't have patches or Aya or finja. Normal logic would tell me that its one month to new xpac so might as well wait for that and then spend my dust on cards which are still strong after Un'goro. But I'm starting to get tired of never being able to try various decks because I couldn't get all the important cards from an expac when they were still relevant. If I wait for next xpac, I would never have had the experience of trying patches pirate decks, or be on the other side of the "screw aya" conversation. OR try a completely different style of rogue play with finja.

The question is, is it worth it to craft any of those crafts right now or is it better to just play casually this month and go all out next xpac!  

I have 6500 dust readily available and another 15000 available if i disenchant my extra cards (which i dont like doing because nerf value)

Also worth mentioning i'm still missing some key classic legendaries like alex, ysera, cairne, grommash, blood mage thalnos...

My fav classes are Rogue, mage, warlock,  but i play all classes based on what their play style is currently.

Edited by Valkyr
added TL;DR

If you can reach rank 5 for the golden epic each month, do whatever feels better. If not, craft cards for the best decks to be able to reach rank 5 each season. Simple as that.

I have never reached higher than rank 9. I thought with the new floor system I would be able to get much higher than before. Cut to show me still stuck at rank 20 this season.

When in doubt, save up for the next meta. 99,99% chance both Patches and Aya will be key cards once Un'Goro is out, but it'll be still time to craft them at that point. And there is no real point in investing into cards that will rotate out soon, unless you want to play Wild.

I'm pretty in the same boat, even though i have almost all tier 1, 2 decks. For myself I decided to save for new expansion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hanz39
      I've never shared a deck but I'll make an exception sharing one of my most successful decks (played on the ladder up to rank 3 several months)
      It's a Keleseth Rogue with very peculiar cards and the biggest difference is that Deathwing is mostly the win-condition of the deck
      Here is the masterpiece :D
      2X Backstab
      2X Shadowstep
      2X Elven Archer
      2X Swashburglar
      2X Southsea Deckhand
      1X Patches the Pirate
      1X Prince Keleseth
      1X Acolyte of Pain
      2X SI:7 Agent
      2X Southsea Captain
      1X Edwin VanCleef
      1X Shaku, the Collector
      2X Saronite Chain Gang
      2X Nesting Roc
      2X Vilespine Slayer
      1X The Black Knight
      1X The Curator
      2X Bonemare
      1X Deathwing

Elven Archer is mainly a combo activator that is more useful than Fire Fly since it does damage and can be shadowstepped if needs and save countless damage to face when big minions remain on the field with 1 hp saving you from taking huge face  damage to ping them, the card really shine in the deck to the point to deserving to name it
      The Curator is there to pull Deathwing mostly and you get also a Nesting Roc in the process
      Nesting Roc takes the place of Cobalt Scalebane commonly seen to add synergy to Curator, give a strong minion that priest almost never remove or a 7 hp taunt that I find more useful than a 5/5 do nothing
      The Black Knight was added to help Vilespine removing high health minions that mostly have taunt to direct Vilespine on the other minions
      Deathwing is the big surprise because it usually win matches on its own even matches that are completely off control can be win thanks to him.
      Most people tend to go all in when see a Rogue in late game because almost nobody with similar decks bring aoe removal and even less can suspect that the dragon you pull with The Curator is Deathwing himself wrongfully think that is probably a Cobalt Scalebane
      Against a Jade Druid landing a Deathwing is almost guaranteed to end the game because they spend any removal on the other minions and tend to go wide with boards resulting in losing 6-7 minions and have to face a 12 attack minion that they need at least 2 turns, turns they don't have cause Deathwing going face and leaving them dead.
      Not drawing Keleseth early here isn't much a loss because you not need to win as fast as possible othwerwise you are doomed because usually the plan B works better than the plan A because the deck run so many minion that almost nobody save a removal for the 'surprise' Deathwing.
      If someone wants try it let me know how was. I used this from rank 15 to 3 for 3 months already winning most of the matches without much problems against the most commonly found decks in standard.

• By Caldyrvan
      A few days ago I posted a cheap priest deck. I have no idea how many actually have been interested in it but maybe we had some none registered visitors who knows. So here another deck. Again inspired by Chump but I had a similar deck before. Compared to Chumps' version I replaced 2x Twilight Summoner with 2x Spawn of N'Zoth (beause Epics are not budget :D) and I didn't want to craft Forbidden Ritual myself so I've put in 2 commons instread, Mortal Coil and Zealous Initiate.
      It's technically a Zoo but it plays differently which is a nice change to the "we know it all" stuff :)
      Total Arcane Dust Cost: 1500
      2x Flame Imp 1x Mortal Coil 2x Possessed Villager 2x Sanguine Reveler 2x Voidwalker 1x Zealous Initiate 2x Dire Wolf Alpha 2x Volatile Elemental 2x Darkshire Councilman 2x Devilsaur Egg 2x Spawn of N'Zoth 2x Unwilling Sacrifice 1x Void Terror 2x Ravenous Pterrordax 1x Cobalt Scalebane 2x Despicable Dreadlord 2x Bonemare Deck Code: AAECAf0GBMQIxQmNrQLKywINMNkHwgi0rAL2rgKNrwLnwQKrwgK0xAKXywL3zQKmzgKJ4gIA
      Guide:
      This deck is basically a Zoo, you can find a well written guide here, but maybe somewhat slower and less reliable due to the fact that you need to combo with your deathrattle cards but the value you get out of them should make up for it. As with any Zoo deck you want to put early pressure on your opponent and establish board control with cheap minions and playing on curve.
      In your starting hand you want to see a couple of 1 mana minions and a 2 (and/or maybe a 3 mana cost) mana cost to put something on the board and plan for your next turns. Flame Imp is always a good choice as well as Sanguine Reveler and a 1, 2 or maybe a 3 mana deathrattle minion to combo with. Against more aggressive decks a Voidwalker could be a good choice as well, against slower decks you might consider to keep a Devilsaur Egg. To be able to play a Darkshire Councilman on turn 3 is great too.
      You have good tools to maintain board control (besides the minions you already have) like Volatile Elemental which has great synergy with your cannibal cards like Ravenous Pterrordax. Unwilling Sacrifice is a bit like Deadly Shot and needs accurate play to be not a waste but the potential value you can get out of it is great. And later in the game Despicable Dreadlord helps a lot to maintain board control.
      Have fun :)
      -> Budget Aggro Priest Deck -> Budget Handbuff Paladin -> Budget Aggro/Tempo Rogue
    • By Caldyrvan
      I am glad I'm watching Chump because not only he's an inspiration but also because I was browsing through the standard priest deck lists provided here and even though it's a long list they are all pretty much the same (many of them no fun anymore, at least to me and def. no fun to play against) and I get the feeling lately Icy Veins tries to provide the most expensive decks only. No doubt they are effective and successful but as I said, getting bored and it's kind of bad for every new player visiting this page and just seeing (s)he has to play longer than some cards take to rotate out of standard to acquire a viable deck. 
      So, I was wondering why are the no decks like the following in this list, something wrong with adding such decks? Of course you can't add every possible deck type/variation but with a dozen Highlander and Dragon priest decks already being in this list there should be room for at least one or two others.
      All credit goes to Chump for this deck, I'm just posting it as well as his first video with it.
      Total Arcane Dust cost: 1600
      With all of the cards being basic, common or rare we can assume most players have most of the cards maybe a few to craft. Pretty cheap imo.
      2x Emerald Reaver 2x Northshire Cleric 2x Potion of Madness 2x Power Word: Shield 2x Voodoo Doctor 2x Golakka Crawler 2x Radiant Elemental 2x Shadow Ascendant 1x Deathspeaker 2x Happy Ghoul 2x Kabal Talonpriest 2x Auchenai Soulpriest 2x Keening Banshee 1x Darkscale Healer 2x Sunborne Val'kyr 2x Bonemare Deck Code: AAECAa0GAsYEmssCDoQB7QHlBPIMtbsC8LsC2MEC3cIC5MICyMsCzswCn84Cps4ClegCAA==
      He was playing 2 version of this deck with the other being a bit more expensive using Genzo, the Shark and Leeroy Jenkins instead of the 2 Auchenai Soulpriest.
      Have Fun :)
      -> Budget Cannibal Warlock -> Budget Handbuff Paladin -> Budget Aggro/Tempo Rogue  

• By SeeerQ
      I have enough dust to finally craft a legendary card but no idea  which card to craft. My deck has dk anduin in it. It isn't a top tier deck. This is my deck list> ### 
      # Class: Priest
      # Format: Standard
      # Year of the Mammoth
      #
      # 2x (1) Holy Smite
      # 2x (1) Inner Fire
      # 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
      # 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
      # 2x (2) Divine Spirit
      # 2x (2) Mind Blast
      # 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
      # 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
      # 2x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
      # 2x (3) Tar Creeper
      # 2x (4) Lightspawn
      # 1x (4) Spellbreaker
      # 2x (4) Tortollan Shellraiser
      # 2x (5) Holy Nova
      # 2x (8) Free From Amber
      # 1x (8) Marin the Fox
      # 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin

AAECAa0GBPIF1wqQ0wKk5wINlwL4AqEE5QTJBvYG0QryDPC7AtjBAtzBAsrDApnIAgA=

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    • By RaiTaebeck
      So, I'm currently maining Blood DK and that's the spec that I've gotten my 4 legends on. I do occasionally use UH and was wondering which of my legends would be most effective for it. Just a foreword, all of the gear that the legends replace is about equal; all 915-920 and don't cause any major stat changes so its not like using one legend over another causes me to use a bad piece. I have Soul of the Deathlord, which is the one I use most on UH, and I have  Shackles of Bryndaor, Archimonde's Hatred Reborn, and Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus. Does the Shackles passive work on UH, if so, could that be a better boost for Val'kyr[Dark Arbiter Talent] (b/c you can cycle more RP)? Other than that I'm just wondering which out weighs the other, STR or the secondaries?
      Edit: and just in case it makes a difference, my talent build is; http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/unholy/c75z