Valkyr

Free Legendary?

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

With Sylvanas and Ragnaros leaving standard, blizzard told us that we will not get full dust from disenchanting those cards since they want people to play wild. However, Anyone who has a Rag or Sylvanas in their inventory will get the full craft dust value upon login, for a maximum of the number of cards you can have in a deck (i.e 1 copy per legendary, 2 for rare). If you have a golden version of these cards as well as the regular version, you will get the dust for 1 golden.

I got this idea from Kripp: If you don't have a golden sylvanas or Ragnaros, you should go ahead and craft one of each even if you have the regular versions. you will get dust for the golden legendary, giving you back the dust you spend now AND you get to keep the golden card. Now you can disenchant the golden card for 1600 dust and use it to craft any legendary you like.

If you have the golden versions of these already, DONOT craft the regular version since blizz will only give dust for the number of copies you can keep in a deck (i.e one golden). Personally I have a golden rag, and a regular sylvanas. So if i invest the 3200 dust now, Ill get 4800 dust back. What do you guys think?

But will the cards be disenchantable at all? Because if you look at this, this isn't what Blizzard would do, give a lot of free dust to people.

IMO cards won't be disenchantable.

Up till now after a card-change Blizzard gave us the choice: "Disentchant the card and get all the dust back or keep the card"

This time they let us keep the cards and give us dust nontheless.

But this is instead of giving us the choice to disentchant for full dust, not on top IMO.

(It is already very generous, both would be a little extreme, don't you think?)

• Like 1

Actually Ben Brode Confirmed that the cards will be disenchant-able (just not for full dust). But urged us not to since wild will be better this year.

Here is the link for the youtube Q/A video. you can just scrub ahead to 14:00. someone asked the specific question if you can disenchant hall of fame cards. 

17 hours ago, Valkyr said:

I got this idea from Kripp: If you don't have a golden sylvanas or Ragnaros, you should go ahead and craft one of each even if you have the regular versions. you will get dust for the golden legendary, giving you back the dust you spend now AND you get to keep the golden card. Now you can disenchant the golden card for 1600 dust and use it to craft any legendary you like.

That doesn't really matter in this scenario: If you don't craft the golden version, you will get 1600 dust for the normal version. You can keep the normal card and use the dust for another legendary as well.

6 hours ago, Valkyr said:

Actually Ben Brode Confirmed that the cards will be disenchant-able (just not for full dust). But urged us not to since wild will be better this year.

Here is the link for the youtube Q/A video. you can just scrub ahead to 14:00. someone asked the specific question if you can disenchant hall of fame cards. 

I refered to "disentchant for full dust".

That you can disentchant a card for the reduced dust rate was never in doubt. Sorry if my posting was misleading.

You're right, i did not look at it that way... So i guess this is only good if you dont already have a regular copy of the legendaries. Oh well, i guess some people out there could still benefit from it.