FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Holy Priest 5.4

Guest alexey

Hello. Sorry for my english.

As title says this guide is for 5.0.5.

For now there are a lot of new enchances and gems that are more powerfull then listed.

This need to be edited.

Thank you

Guest Ture

In "Statistics Priority and Reforging" § 1. 'Basics' you rank Intellect as number one, above Spirit. Yet in "Gems, Enchants, and Consumables" § 3.1 'Consumables - Food' and § 3.2 'Consumables - Flask' you recommend the Spirit buffs and not the Intellect buff (i.e. Flask of the Warm Sun and Swirling Mist Soup). Care to elaborate the reasoning behind this recommendation?

In "Statistics Priority and Reforging" § 1. 'Basics' you rank Intellect as number one, above Spirit. Yet in "Gems, Enchants, and Consumables" § 3.1 'Consumables - Food' and § 3.2 'Consumables - Flask' you recommend the Spirit buffs and not the Intellect buff (i.e. Flask of the Warm Sun and Swirling Mist Soup). Care to elaborate the reasoning behind this recommendation?

We have updated the guide to include both Spirit and Intellect consumables. The best way of doing it now (and for a good part of Cataclysm) seems to be get as much Spirit as you need to be comfortable with, and go for Intellect. So it's really a personal choice based on many factors.

Thanks for pointing out our error :P

Guest Vanquishar

This is a very informative guide, thank you so much!

Guest Eiren

Your discussion of Lightwell doesn't mention the Glyph of Lightspring, which is a better choice than not casting Lightwells if your raid doesn't click them.

Guest mcp

I believe you should add Mistweavers to our Competing Classes.

Great guide btw. )

Guest Alron

I find this site to give out a lot of wrong information.. Like Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope gain extra ticks from haste, This has been removed and is no longer the case. Please learn before you try and teach.

This is a very informative guide, thank you so much!

Thank you for your kind words Posted Image

Your discussion of Lightwell doesn't mention the Glyph of Lightspring, which is a better choice than not casting Lightwells if your raid doesn't click them.

You are right. Thanks for spotting this. I've fixed the section now.

I believe you should add Mistweavers to our Competing Classes.

Great guide btw. )

Thanks! We will do.

I find this site to give out a lot of wrong information.. Like Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope gain extra ticks from haste, This has been removed and is no longer the case. Please learn before you try and teach.

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have updated that information now.

However, there is really no need to show contempt, or use a condescending tone. We work hard to update our guides rapidly whenever any mistakes occur. Sadly, it is inevitable that some will occur, which is the case for every WoW website you will find, and indeed every other website out there. Besides, the error that you reported had very little if any actual impact on gameplay.

So, please, if you have more errors to report (as part of your "a lot of wrong information"), report them, because we are very much interested in fixing them. And try to respect our hard work (provided to you fully free of charge, by the way).

Guest Thameos

Thank you very much for the guide! I find icy-veins's guides to be the most reliable, and go very much in depth far past competitors such as mmo melting pot and noxxic. I swear, my priest and mage would be quite lost at the moment if it weren't for this site, and my raid group would've never seen 8/8h ds when it did.

On a side note though, a quick little typo I noticed on the priest guide was that under the section for Hymn of Hope (in 3.3.1) it is titled "Hymn of Home" instead of that actual spell name.In no way does it hinder the information of the guide, so don't worry about fixing it immediately and have it done whenever it is convenient.

Guest Thameos

Sorry for the double post, but since I'm a guest, I can't edit the post to add it in. this wasn't directly included in the guide, but if your spirit isn't quite where you you feel comfortable with it, but it isn't too terribly bad, how much more valuable is intellect? I have a few greens still that could be replaced (429 ilvl) by heroic dungeons drops (463 ilvl). The heroic items lack spirit, the greens have spirit. If I were to reforge the heroic items into spirit, what would be more valuable? I would still not have as much spirit as I would with the greens, but the intellect increase is quite substantial.

Thank you very much for the guide! I find icy-veins's guides to be the most reliable, and go very much in depth far past competitors such as mmo melting pot and noxxic. I swear, my priest and mage would be quite lost at the moment if it weren't for this site, and my raid group would've never seen 8/8h ds when it did.

On a side note though, a quick little typo I noticed on the priest guide was that under the section for Hymn of Hope (in 3.3.1) it is titled "Hymn of Home" instead of that actual spell name.In no way does it hinder the information of the guide, so don't worry about fixing it immediately and have it done whenever it is convenient.

Thank you very much for the kind words. Also, the typo you reported was fixed :)

Sorry for the double post, but since I'm a guest, I can't edit the post to add it in. this wasn't directly included in the guide, but if your spirit isn't quite where you you feel comfortable with it, but it isn't too terribly bad, how much more valuable is intellect? I have a few greens still that could be replaced (429 ilvl) by heroic dungeons drops (463 ilvl). The heroic items lack spirit, the greens have spirit. If I were to reforge the heroic items into spirit, what would be more valuable? I would still not have as much spirit as I would with the greens, but the intellect increase is quite substantial.

In my opinion, go for the heroic items and reforge them.

Guest Eyrai

Thank you for the informative guide!

However, I am a little confused. In your Stat Weights, you rate SPI>INT>Haste>Mastery>Crit (which I have found other places, and agree with). However, right underneath, you post a link to check your reforging at Mr. Robot (which linked me to this site, as well), and their stat priority is different. Namely, SPI>INT>Haste>CRIT>MASTERY. Which makes no sense to me, because Holy's mastery is so awesome, and regularly a large part of my healing, and crit is largely RNG, and has no other positive benefit (other than the occasionally stronger heal).

I don't know you are linked to Mr. Robot in a big enough way to be able to fix their stat weighting, but if not, please switch your outside reforging link to something that agrees with your stat priorities.

Thanks!

Thank you for the informative guide!

However, I am a little confused. In your Stat Weights, you rate SPI>INT>Haste>Mastery>Crit (which I have found other places, and agree with). However, right underneath, you post a link to check your reforging at Mr. Robot (which linked me to this site, as well), and their stat priority is different. Namely, SPI>INT>Haste>CRIT>MASTERY. Which makes no sense to me, because Holy's mastery is so awesome, and regularly a large part of my healing, and crit is largely RNG, and has no other positive benefit (other than the occasionally stronger heal).

I don't know you are linked to Mr. Robot in a big enough way to be able to fix their stat weighting, but if not, please switch your outside reforging link to something that agrees with your stat priorities.

Thanks!

We are in close touch with Ask Mr Robot, and have thus far harmonized all our DPS stats. Healers and tanks will follow shortly. All I'd say is that secondary stats, especially once you're prioritising Haste, will matter relatively little, so don't fret too much over it. I still think Mastery > Crit, though.

Guest Prospera

I just checked - Synapse Springs do not put my trinket on cooldown, and I can indeed use both simultaneously (and got both buffs)

That is correct. The only things that are mutually exclusive in terms of usage together are on-use trinkets. On-use profession uses and on-use trinkets do not share this allignment.

Guest Tec

Since it is this early in the expansion, haste is a little agressive to go for over mastery, since you'll have to cast more heals to make the same output, as with mastery > haste. the scaling is around the same, for example .. 200 mastery = 1% haste/mastery. Which means mastery is way better, because you'll have a lot higher chance to survive fights like elegon, manawise.

Guest Peb

does anyone know the haste caps i need to be trying to reach for optimal renew etc? as i do love my mastery and robot is telling me to reforge it all!!! Posted Image which i dont agree with totally. priest mastery is awesome.

Guest Slaves

Hello Icy veins i have just 1 question, would you recommend using inner fire or Inner Will, i have yet to be able to find any place where you mention these spells? Posted Image

Peb for you:

1st cap is (7,16 % hit) 3043 haste rating, 2nd is (11,11 % hit) 4721,75 rating. - source: WoW-Heroes

So, we've updated our stats page here, and it should now also be in agreement with what Mr Robot suggests.

Essentially, Mastery is really bad for Holy Priests. it's good on paper, and you can find theoretical situations where it might be good (or specific cases where it might even be good to stack Mastery, though I cannot think of any), but it's mostly a meter-padding stat. For throughput, precision, reliability, and everything else you want, Spirit and Haste are the way to go right now.

Slaves: Inner Fire all the way, the spellpower increase is too delicious to pass up. Inner Will only if you're having to move a lot, and need the movement speed increase (in which case it also helps if you're throwing out some instant casts while moving).

Hey Vlad only just noticed your post about mastery (recently taken a new look at Ask Mr Robot and noticed it really didnt want me taking mastery).

I totally understand the whole stat priority not making THAT much of a difference and just wanted to ask your opinion regarding my particular playstyle.

At the moment I'm hitting the 7.5% haste point for the extra tick on renew etc and on top of that I dont really stack haste and I'm still pushing mastery. It is rare that I cast any "cast" spell other than the occasional Prayer of Healing (which I generally use with 2 stacks of serendipity through 2 binding heals on the main tank anyway).

With my particular play style, the fact I'm two healing most encounters right now (as raid dps is generally low) I'm preferring the Echo of Light "free heals" over any sort of haste increase. I've always used a lot of instant heals and normal heal rather than a lot of prayer of healing and greater heal etc.

What do you reckon?

Guest davesignal

Vlad, you're kind of doing a huge disservice to Holy Priests by not even /addressing/ how to tank heal. Even if you think the information only has theoretical value, they should know.

Hey Vlad only just noticed your post about mastery (recently taken a new look at Ask Mr Robot and noticed it really didnt want me taking mastery).

I totally understand the whole stat priority not making THAT much of a difference and just wanted to ask your opinion regarding my particular playstyle.

At the moment I'm hitting the 7.5% haste point for the extra tick on renew etc and on top of that I dont really stack haste and I'm still pushing mastery. It is rare that I cast any "cast" spell other than the occasional Prayer of Healing (which I generally use with 2 stacks of serendipity through 2 binding heals on the main tank anyway).

With my particular play style, the fact I'm two healing most encounters right now (as raid dps is generally low) I'm preferring the Echo of Light "free heals" over any sort of haste increase. I've always used a lot of instant heals and normal heal rather than a lot of prayer of healing and greater heal etc.

What do you reckon?

I'm sorry, Peelyon. I meant to get to your post much sooner, but then it slipped my mind and so I lost track of your post.

It's hard to say, honestly. Normally, at this stage of the content tier, you're probably going to find most of your healing coming from Renew, Prayer of Mending and Circle of Healing (and Cascade or whatever Tier 6 talent you are using). You won't really be wanting to use things with actual cast times like Greater Heal etc. extensively.

This doesn't mean you won't ever use them, and depending on the fight, your healing set-up etc, you might even use them quite a lot, but Haste is still very good even without them. One of the reasons for it is that Echo of Light is just generally poor - and again, this depends on circumstances. There can of course be fights where the "free healing" from Echo of Light all gets used up and it's not wasted/redundant - but that won't generally happen.

I would love it if you could show me some of your logs.

Thanks so much for this guide!

You are welcome.

Vlad, you're kind of doing a huge disservice to Holy Priests by not even /addressing/ how to tank heal. Even if you think the information only has theoretical value, they should know.

You are right. I'm going to add some info on this topic to the guide tomorrow :)

Sign in to follow this