FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Holy Priest 5.4

Cheers Vlad for the post. Heres a link to my guilds log, I should be pretty much healing every raid

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/183249/

For whatever reason (even though in 10 man I always use Serenity I dont use renew hardly at all. No doubt you will see that from the logs anyway. Looking forward to what you can make of them.

Guest Oakmane

An idea about twist of faith: When the boss (or any add in an encounter) is below 20%, you can throw a Shadow Word: Pain on the target to benefit from the increased healing the talent grants (it always grants both healing and damage done)

While maybe not the highest throughput gain, this increase in healing comes at a time when it is usually needed the most, i.e. in the final phase of a boss. On bosses with a healing intensive last phase (Elegon, Bladelord Ta'yak etc.) this could help healing people quite considerably.

An idea about twist of faith: When the boss (or any add in an encounter) is below 20%, you can throw a Shadow Word: Pain on the target to benefit from the increased healing the talent grants (it always grants both healing and damage done)

While maybe not the highest throughput gain, this increase in healing comes at a time when it is usually needed the most, i.e. in the final phase of a boss. On bosses with a healing intensive last phase (Elegon, Bladelord Ta'yak etc.) this could help healing people quite considerably.

Yeah, that's a good idea. You can do the same with a Smite (although you need to cast for a bit :)).

Guest Oszun

Hello,

I'd like to ask which one should i use as Holy Priest Inner Fire or Inner Will?

Or should i keep switching for less amount of damage take Inner Will and spam Renew and knowing big nukes incoming take Inner Fire and do my best with casted spells?

You should use Inner Fire most of the time - use Inner Will if you need to be on the move, and the movement speed would actually benefit you, AND you are casting a lot of spells while on the move (instants, therefore having their mana cost reduced a bit by Inner Will).

Guest Oakmane

Yeah, that's a good idea. You can do the same with a Smite (although you need to cast for a bit Posted Image).

The idea behind using Shadow Word: Pain is that each tick will refresh the buff on you (it refreshes on dealing damage, not on casting a damaging spell), so with the SW:P you get the increased healing for around 25-30 seconds, whereas you only get 10 seconds out of a smite.

Guest Dnar

There is a really neat synergy with the new Void Shift ability that I have never seen mentioned. Basically, binding heal is mana efficient if both you and your target need heals, but not otherwise. If you have 2 targets that need heals and you are at good health, Void shift the first then binding heal the second.

I know the is the holy thread, but this is also really nice for tank heals when both tanks need healing, i.e. stone guard. And it is available for both disc and holy.

Guest Dagome

excellent guide, thank you for the hard work. i just listened to you on Convert to Raid podcast, very cool.

just wanted to add that in 5 mans i often (especially with a well geared tank) heal in Chakra: Chastise.

With free and instant Flash Heals procs from "from darkness, comes light" talent i just spam Smite like i'm competing for top DPS spot Posted Image

Since smite costs almost nothing i have most of my mana ready for oh-crap moments.

excellent guide, thank you for the hard work. i just listened to you on Convert to Raid podcast, very cool.

just wanted to add that in 5 mans i often (especially with a well geared tank) heal in Chakra: Chastise.

With free and instant Flash Heals procs from "from darkness, comes light" talent i just spam Smite like i'm competing for top DPS spot Posted Image

Since smite costs almost nothing i have most of my mana ready for oh-crap moments.

Thank you for your post. And thank you especially for your compliments on the guide. I'm also glad you liked the podcast :)

Guest nei

I've read the guide and I don't think you mentioned that cascade refreshes renew while in chakra: serenity, and thats is something I consider very useful and that's why I almost always choose cascade playing holy. After Divine Star got buffed it can be useful in some encounters as well, it's a lot situational though.

Guest CamelKnight

Hey, first off: great site guys Posted Image You're doing a hell of a job, and unthankfull at times too, it is however, much appreciated!

What I was wondering is the following. You rank Haste higher then Mastery, obviously. But you do recommend Pandaran's Step over Greater Haste. Is that purely because of the small buff to running speed? Inner Will provides more of a buff (10% vs PS's 8% which is non-stackable) and most holy's use Inner Will for the reduced mana costs of it (at least, I do) so I don't quite get this choice of enchant.

Guest Resto spec warlock.

I disagree with the reasoning behind the hatred of mastery. "While in terms of throughput, Mastery may perform better than Critical Strike Rating over the course of the fight, much of it will be overhealing, or will cause other healers to overheal."

Overhealing isn't essentially bad. It's when you overheal and run out of mana that it becomes a concern. Basically, overhealing = wasted mana. If you waste mana and do the fight with no mana problems, then all the power to you having overhealing of 90%, it's not a problem. .However, if your overhealing is high and you have mana problems, you need to note that you might have to start conserving mana and stopping overhealing. Part of our gearing is making our heals stronger. Mastery helps (in a very round-about way) of making it stronger. And if you have such a fear of HoT overhealing, why use renew, or even PLAY a druid healer? Posted Image

Furthermore, about the part of causing other healers to overheal, so what? Healing a target first will probably cause another healer to overheal. That doesn't give you permission to not heal them. For all intents and purposes, healers should be prepared for the worst case scenario (which at times is having to carry when another healer goes down till a b-rez is used), which means a healer needs to maximize both mana efficiency and healing done.

Heck, you can even say the same thing about haste, that making your spells quicker will cause oher healers to accidently overheal.

You talk about how " it's mostly a meter-padding stat", but at the same time you're giving WAY too much credit to an overhealing meter. You shouldn't be concerned with it unless there's a mana efficiency problem on your part. If it's another healer's mana efficiency/overhealing, it's their problem.

Now, that's not to say I don't agree with you that spirit/haste is the way to go (i think if our mastery was something like an absorbtion shield instead of an HoT it would be much more noticeable, helpful, and proactive), but to rate mastery as less than crit based on an overhealing paranoia is somewhat senseless, and can give a LOT of people the wrong idea, to the point that they reforge mastery off instead of crit (and making your heals weaker to preserve RNG is just a huge no...).

Guest iluta

I usually like the IV class guides but this one is rather average imo.

It should at least start with mentioning it is only for 25m raiding. You don't mention how powerful renew rolling on 2 tanks on 10m is. If you glyph renew a direct heal still refreshes it to the full original duration. It even ticks for slightly more than a rejuvenation. I'm in chakra serenity for a lot of fights on 10m (or at least part of the fight).

Also don't understand the mastery hate, it sometimes gets to be my first healing done spell..mostly because greater heal for example is used alot in 10m.

And glyph of lightspring should be recommended alot more as it has a huge range and it helps when it's most needed and while players dont have the time or attention to click it during oh shit moments.

I've read the guide and I don't think you mentioned that cascade refreshes renew while in chakra: serenity, and thats is something I consider very useful and that's why I almost always choose cascade playing holy. After Divine Star got buffed it can be useful in some encounters as well, it's a lot situational though.

Hey!

Thanks for your comment. You are correct about this. It's not mentioned in the guide, and it's something that I should include. I'll be doing so in the next round of updates :)

Hey, first off: great site guys Posted Image You're doing a hell of a job, and unthankfull at times too, it is however, much appreciated!

What I was wondering is the following. You rank Haste higher then Mastery, obviously. But you do recommend Pandaran's Step over Greater Haste. Is that purely because of the small buff to running speed? Inner Will provides more of a buff (10% vs PS's 8% which is non-stackable) and most holy's use Inner Will for the reduced mana costs of it (at least, I do) so I don't quite get this choice of enchant.

Thank you for your post. The reason that we recommend Pandaren's Step as a feet enchant is precisely the movement speed increase, as you suspected. While Inner Will is useful sometimes, I am quite hesitant to believe that "most Holy Priests use Inner Will for the reduced mana costs", and I'll investigate this claim further. Until I'm convinced otherwise, though, I quite strongly feel that Inner Fire is the better choice in situations where you don't need to be run extensively. And this is where Pandaren's Step is really great - when you need to only move a bit, side-step from here to there, get out of void zones, move in range of someone and so on, when switching between your Inner Will and Inner Fire is hardly feasible.

Thank you for your compliments, and I'll make sure to look more into your claim (I'm not saying that you're wrong!)

I disagree with the reasoning behind the hatred of mastery. "While in terms of throughput, Mastery may perform better than Critical Strike Rating over the course of the fight, much of it will be overhealing, or will cause other healers to overheal."

Overhealing isn't essentially bad. It's when you overheal and run out of mana that it becomes a concern. Basically, overhealing = wasted mana. If you waste mana and do the fight with no mana problems, then all the power to you having overhealing of 90%, it's not a problem. .However, if your overhealing is high and you have mana problems, you need to note that you might have to start conserving mana and stopping overhealing. Part of our gearing is making our heals stronger. Mastery helps (in a very round-about way) of making it stronger. And if you have such a fear of HoT overhealing, why use renew, or even PLAY a druid healer? Posted Image

Furthermore, about the part of causing other healers to overheal, so what? Healing a target first will probably cause another healer to overheal. That doesn't give you permission to not heal them. For all intents and purposes, healers should be prepared for the worst case scenario (which at times is having to carry when another healer goes down till a b-rez is used), which means a healer needs to maximize both mana efficiency and healing done.

Heck, you can even say the same thing about haste, that making your spells quicker will cause oher healers to accidently overheal.

You talk about how " it's mostly a meter-padding stat", but at the same time you're giving WAY too much credit to an overhealing meter. You shouldn't be concerned with it unless there's a mana efficiency problem on your part. If it's another healer's mana efficiency/overhealing, it's their problem.

Now, that's not to say I don't agree with you that spirit/haste is the way to go (i think if our mastery was something like an absorbtion shield instead of an HoT it would be much more noticeable, helpful, and proactive), but to rate mastery as less than crit based on an overhealing paranoia is somewhat senseless, and can give a LOT of people the wrong idea, to the point that they reforge mastery off instead of crit (and making your heals weaker to preserve RNG is just a huge no...).

Hey there. Thanks for the long post.

I think there are several issues that need to be approached here.

First of all, if you agree with me that Spirit and Haste are the top priorities, then that really leaves very little wiggle room for Crit/Mastery optimizations, to the point where it makes no difference basically (there's a single item in the BiS set that has both Crit and Mastery on it, where you need to make a choice between them - more than one item if you disagree with some BiS choices, but the point still stands).

Second of all, overhealing is bad. A good healer, who is using his spells efficiently, and doing everything possible to keep the raid alive, will finish the fight with low or no mana. If one or more of your healers are finishing the fight with ample amounts of mana, then it's a good time to drop one for a DPS player. So, if you're expending all your mana to heal people, any overhealing you do is wasted mana, mana which you don't have.

You are right that gear makes heals stronger, but this is generally countered by the higher amounts of damage that need to be healed as you progress through content, so it's somewhat of a non-issue.

To say that your heals causing other healers' heals to overheal is pretty much identical to saying that you're overhealing yourself. You need to look at the healing meters (for lack of a better word) as a raid effort, not just your own stats. Overhealing is bad, as I explained above. Ideally, everyone in the raid ends the fight with little to no mana. If your buddy healer is expending all his mana and his heals are overhealing (and are, therefore, wasted) because of your actions, you're basically sabotaging him.

It's not about having a "fear" of HoT overhealing, it's just attempting to negate as many aspects of gameplay that are detrimental.

Don't forget also that, when optimizing your character, you are optimizing for a worst case scenario; a scenario where damage is high, mana is in short supply, and your raid needs to work as a team to succeed. Naturally, if look at a fight where damage is low and you can waste half your mana pool on overhealing and still not run out, then we can make any number of choices that we normally wouldn't.

I don't see how my comment that Mastery is a meter-padding stat is contradictory with giving a lot of credit to the overhealing meter. To be clear, I hardly feel that an HPS/healing done meter is an indication of healing skill or efficiency. It's often not the case even for a DPS/damage done meter. But one part of the healing meters that is meaningful is the overhealing part. Now, picking a stat that will make you look good on a healing meter, which possibly makes your healing or the other healers' healing be overhealing is not, in my opinion, very desirable.

Finally, regarding the reforging mastery off instead of crit, as I said at the start, I don't think that's a situation that will happen very often :)

I usually like the IV class guides but this one is rather average imo.

It should at least start with mentioning it is only for 25m raiding. You don't mention how powerful renew rolling on 2 tanks on 10m is. If you glyph renew a direct heal still refreshes it to the full original duration. It even ticks for slightly more than a rejuvenation. I'm in chakra serenity for a lot of fights on 10m (or at least part of the fight).

Also don't understand the mastery hate, it sometimes gets to be my first healing done spell..mostly because greater heal for example is used alot in 10m.

And glyph of lightspring should be recommended alot more as it has a huge range and it helps when it's most needed and while players dont have the time or attention to click it during oh shit moments.

Regarding the guide being "only for 25-man raiding", this is not the intent, and I don't really agree that this is how it is, but I agree with you that tank-healing viability is greater in 10-man, and the guide should be edited to reflect this. Someone mentioned earlier that I should add a tank healing section to the guide, and I committed to doing so, although I haven't gotten to it yet. Rest assured that I'll do my best to alleviate these concerns.

Regarding the "mastery hate", it's a conclusion that we (I mean us and Ask Mr. Robot here) came to after a great deal of thinking and analyzing, and we feel it's quite well-founded, and that there are several reasons to avoid Mastery gearing. Saying that your mastery gets to be your top healing done spell is a rather anecdotal piece of evidence, which doesn't carry much water especially if you are gearing for Mastery to begin with. And, again, it's not all about the "final healing numbers".

Regarding the Glyph of Lightspring, I agree with you and I will add a stronger mention for it. Thank you!

Guest resto spec warlock

Hey there. Thanks for the long post.

I think there are several issues that need to be approached here.

First of all, if you agree with me that Spirit and Haste are the top priorities, then that really leaves very little wiggle room for Crit/Mastery optimizations, to the point where it makes no difference basically (there's a single item in the BiS set that has both Crit and Mastery on it, where you need to make a choice between them - more than one item if you disagree with some BiS choices, but the point still stands).

Second of all, overhealing is bad. A good healer, who is using his spells efficiently, and doing everything possible to keep the raid alive, will finish the fight with low or no mana. If one or more of your healers are finishing the fight with ample amounts of mana, then it's a good time to drop one for a DPS player. So, if you're expending all your mana to heal people, any overhealing you do is wasted mana, mana which you don't have.

You are right that gear makes heals stronger, but this is generally countered by the higher amounts of damage that need to be healed as you progress through content, so it's somewhat of a non-issue.

To say that your heals causing other healers' heals to overheal is pretty much identical to saying that you're overhealing yourself. You need to look at the healing meters (for lack of a better word) as a raid effort, not just your own stats. Overhealing is bad, as I explained above. Ideally, everyone in the raid ends the fight with little to no mana. If your buddy healer is expending all his mana and his heals are overhealing (and are, therefore, wasted) because of your actions, you're basically sabotaging him.

It's not about having a "fear" of HoT overhealing, it's just attempting to negate as many aspects of gameplay that are detrimental.

Don't forget also that, when optimizing your character, you are optimizing for a worst case scenario; a scenario where damage is high, mana is in short supply, and your raid needs to work as a team to succeed. Naturally, if look at a fight where damage is low and you can waste half your mana pool on overhealing and still not run out, then we can make any number of choices that we normally wouldn't.

I don't see how my comment that Mastery is a meter-padding stat is contradictory with giving a lot of credit to the overhealing meter. To be clear, I hardly feel that an HPS/healing done meter is an indication of healing skill or efficiency. It's often not the case even for a DPS/damage done meter. But one part of the healing meters that is meaningful is the overhealing part. Now, picking a stat that will make you look good on a healing meter, which possibly makes your healing or the other healers' healing be overhealing is not, in my opinion, very desirable.

Finally, regarding the reforging mastery off instead of crit, as I said at the start, I don't think that's a situation that will happen very often Posted Image

Why does it matter:

The second point I'm willing to agree on, that if the healers are finishing with ample mana then it's time to drop one and take a dps. However, I fail to note how higher amounts of damage is a non issue. The reason haste is so good isn't because of the quick spells, it is because of the extra HoT ticks. I'm going to refer to the haste breakpoint as a haste softcap, since when you hit it going over would still benefit you, just not as much. Doing some looking around, I think I found this to be 4726ish, because that's when holy word sanctuary, renew, and lightwell all get extra ticks at around this point (when raid buffed). This adds extra healing to your spells, and therefore makes you heals stronger. Mastery also makes your heals stronger (in a very roundabout way). This is why I wanted to bring it up even though I agreed that spirit/haste were good stats. Because for the msot part, they are. But after you get those extra ticks, I think you need like another 3k haste to get extra ticks from other spells, and (I havent looked into the best of the best gear, but im pretty sure even getting pure haste in gemming and such it is impossible to hit this mark). Hence, I feel the stat priority is more intel>spirit>haste till 4726> mastery > haste >crit. Since without the extra ticks, mastery looks the best way to empower your healing spells after you hit this haste soft cap (which is why i believe it matters). Also, reforging isn't the only place it matters. It matters if the individual is trying to decide on either spirit mastery or spirit crit gear.

-also side note, i'm a little fuzzy on the numbers so those might not be right.... and if they are the right numbers then they wont be for goblins since they have the haste racial.

Onto the overhealing debate:

I acknowledge that healing is a group effort. I don't at all look at my healing meter as the only thing that matters. After all, everyone pitched in, I am not a one man raid Posted Image. However, I still think you're slightly paranoid about overhealing, especially given that this mastery is basically "free" healing. Take this for example. I have 10% mastery. I use heal for 1k (keeping numbers basic + low), which gives 100 healing over 6 seconds. Now let's say I have 20% mastery, and I use heal for 1k. That gives 200 healing over 6 seconds. I used the same healing spell, it had the same mana cost, but it healed for 100 more the second time. This is why overhealing is not as bad in this case. Because the healing is "free". It is similar to (NOT THE EQUIVALENT! mind you) to gathering intellect, in the sense that both empower your heals and do not affect the mana cost. This is why I feel you are giving too much credit to the overhealing meter in this case. Because you instantly look at that overhealing, and say "it is bad". Let's go back to that example (sorry for hopping all over the place Posted Image). Let's say that I only needed to heal for 1.1k, and the overhealing from the second example was overhealed. Both spells costed the same amount of mana. So while there WAS overhealing, there was NOT a waste in mana.

That being said, the only problem where mana is being wasted is, what you said, when your heal causes another healer to overheal (since their mana is being spent). However, Echo of Light is incredibly small in comparison to the healing spell you casted. What will cause your fellow healer (we'll call him your buddy) to overheal? Let's say you and your healer buddy go to heal a guy with 2k health gone. You heal for 1.5k, and echo of light is starting to heal for 150 over 6 seconds. Your buddy heals for 1k one second after (let's say his healing spell took a second longer). 150/6 = 25 (the one tick of your mastery that went off before his healing spell hit). That means your buddy, without your mastery, would've overhealed for 600, and with your mastery overhealed for 625. That is why I say the overhealing from your mastery doesn't matter. If it is your own overhealing, it is "free" healing and costs you no mana. If it is your fellow healer's overhealing, the overhealing caused by echo of light is negligible when compared to the overhealing your friend would've done anyways. Even if it's 20% mastery, the echo of light would've been 50 for the tick, he would've overhealed by 650, and the overhealing from mastery would only be 50. Meanwhile, 12 times that amount would've been overhealed anyways even with 0 mastery. That's why I'm saying don't worry about overhealing from this mastery. For you it's free healing, even when overhealing it doesn't come at a mana cost. Like I said, overhealing is only bad when it's making you spend mana for it. With this mastery, you are not spending mana. Likewise, the healing from the mastery should never be enough to justify why another healer in the raid overhealed.

On being prepared for the worst case scenario:

I dont understand this with you. I'm saying be prepared, make your heals stronger with mastery. You say the same thing I do, but then talk about a best case scenario (one where mana abundant and you can waste it). A good healer maximizes the healing they can do while being mana efficient. Mastery = making your heals stronger with no mana cost. It's shouldn't be looked at as less than crit, which is how you rate it.

TL;DR: (because im sorry for the long posts)

1. It matters because it's stat priority and this is a trusted guide. Once again you can be giving people the wrong idea by saying crit is #4 and mastery is #5. a very, very wrong idea. Also, as I brought up, I believe the correct stat priority would be intel > spirit > haste till 4726 > mastery > haste > crit, unless I am wrong and even after 4726 haste haste is still > mastery

2. Any overhealing caused by your mastery is negligible either because it is "free" healing or your fellow healer was prepared/going to overheal anyways. You seem to instantly equate overhealing to wasted mana, which I believe is wrong in this situation.

Its an interesting debate and its partly because of the above (from both of you) that I asked a little while ago about mastery etc.

For me personally I've decided to stack mastery as much as possible (in terms of gear choices). I understand that the importance of these secondary stats isnt huge, but I've always hated having items with crit on. To such an extent that rather than getting the holy tier legs (Spirit and Crit) I've opted for the shadow legs (Haste and Mastery).

I think a lot of it boils down to your own setup and playstyle. For whatever reason I rarely use renew and I am always in Chakra: Serenity. I currently 2 heal 10 man encounters and I've found stacking haste just burns through my mana unnecessarily. Healing cooldowns cover any periods of heavy damage, so I just dont feel the need to have my spells cast faster.

The potential to "save" mana by having some free heals just feels like a better option to me.

Its an interesting debate and its partly because of the above (from both of you) that I asked a little while ago about mastery etc.

For me personally I've decided to stack mastery as much as possible (in terms of gear choices). I understand that the importance of these secondary stats isnt huge, but I've always hated having items with crit on. To such an extent that rather than getting the holy tier legs (Spirit and Crit) I've opted for the shadow legs (Haste and Mastery).

I think a lot of it boils down to your own setup and playstyle. For whatever reason I rarely use renew and I am always in Chakra: Serenity. I currently 2 heal 10 man encounters and I've found stacking haste just burns through my mana unnecessarily. Healing cooldowns cover any periods of heavy damage, so I just dont feel the need to have my spells cast faster.

The potential to "save" mana by having some free heals just feels like a better option to me.

must say i totally agree to this

• Like 1

must say i totally agree to this

Like I said its all about my particular play style and preference, so don't want others doing what I do unless they feel its right for them (I am by no means a pro raider). For me though choosing progression gear (I will never ever ever reach BiS for any tier) it is all about what my own needs are.

I think for "new" holy priests that encouraging them to stack Spirit > Int > Haste to softcap > Mastery > Haste > Crit would be a better choice though as players new to healing need to manage mana better, and faster heals and less "free" mastery heals may not be the best choice for them.

But without using Sanctuary at all and rarely using renew (except for tanks occasionally which I refresh easily with Serenity) I just dont feel the need for any extras ticks or a slightly faster "heal".

Guest iluta

A good conclusion is that it all depends on your playstyle and raiding situation.

When 2-healing a 10m raid my mastery won't overheal that much and being mana efficient is way more important.

Although I might admit getting a haste softcap will benefit renew alot so it's not a black-white answer. On fights like Elegon or the first boss in MSV renew sometimes ends up as my top healing done spell and when played correctly it doesn't cost any mana trough the fight.

Actually this is what I like about playing holy priest, it has (almost) always been possible to play totally different than other priests and still be very efficient. Especially in 10man we are really powerful with good chakra usage, our tankhealing is underestimated imo.

Guest Peb

I think from personal experience it totally comes down to what classes your playing with.

I play 10m raid with 2 healers with a monk healer as my partner in crime and used to play holy with haste caps and then mastery > crit. I found simply holy was a very weak combo with a healing monk and went disc mastery > crit and we suit each other much better, his fast healing output vs my absorbs.

However put me with a resto shaman or esp a Holy Paladin its a different story and you will find my hitting that secondary spec button to go back to holy and renew blanketing so fast it will make your head spin (with cascade its just seriously soooooooo good)

Just my experience and by no means correct. But could account for the constant differences in opinion in this thread (have not played with a resto druid, but I imagine disc would be better then too)

Pains me to say such things

/biggest holy lover in the world

Peb.

Guest CamelKnight

Ok, so I just picked up the Tihan, Scepter of the Sleeping Emperor (normal version). If I look at the BiS list, it's ranked higher then my current weapon: Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm (LFR version).

Eventhough the itemlvl is higher, I have to say I'm inclined to disagree on that. Kri'tak has the option for the 500 Intellect Sha gem which gives it more Intellect then Tihan, but also more Spellpower. It already has slightly more Spirit and Crit instead of Mastery (which is more useful for Holy priests).

There are only 2 things Tihan is better at: 40 Stamina and just a tad more Haste once you reforge the Mastery instead of reforging the Crit.

Any idea why Tihan's normal version is still ranked higher then Kri'tak's LFR version?

Any idea why Tihan's normal version is still ranked higher then Kri'tak's LFR version?

The only reason why it is 'ranked' higher is because it has a higher itemlevel. The gearing up list doesn't rank the items according to how good they are for your class, it just ranks the items according to itemlevel as is stated at the beginning of the list.

In each table, the items are ranked by item level and then alphabetically.

The list is mostly useful if you are looking for itemlevel upgrades to get into LFR. If you are looking to compare items, the best way to do this is by:

• Using the statistics priority to decide what item is best
  • Using the BiS list as the normal versions of those items will probably also be better than the normal version of the other weapons (e.g. Kri'tak's is in the BiS list meaning that the normal version will be BiS until you get access to heroic weapons).
You clearly went with option 1 and I think you are correct. There is however one condition: Do you already have the legendary gem? And are you willing to put a gem (that costs 10k) into a LFR weapon when you have the chance of getting a better weapon from normal modes or the 5.2 raid (which is not so far away). If both answers are yes then it is better, without the gem however Tihan is a better weapon.

since this was made, Chraka: Serenity has a +25% to healing instead of the +to crit

so is it still recommended to stay in sanc

and is Divine Hymn affected by either of the Chrakas?

Guest Guest

Since it is this early in the expansion, haste is a little agressive to go for over mastery, since you'll have to cast more heals to make the same output, as with mastery > haste. the scaling is around the same, for example .. 200 mastery = 1% haste/mastery. Which means mastery is way better, because you'll have a lot higher chance to survive fights like elegon, manawise.

I just reforged all my haste off for mastery and dropped my spirit from 11k to 9.2k and put the extra stats into Int gems and enchants. My heals are through the roof pushing 45-60k depending on if its and aoe heal fight or single target and almost 90k on tsulong Gear Ilvl 491. Haste just causes way to many mana regen problems. if you load up on haste like mr robot says you also need to stack more spirit which drops the heals. Mastery is always top 5 for my heals and top 3 in fights like elegon,garalon and tsulong.

Guest gartian

when you say for cloak enchant lightweave is the most recomended at 2k proc of int witch most of the time will be wasted wouldnt dark glow be better seeing as your are almost never at 100% mana and you will almost always make use of it

Sign in to follow this