FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Holy Priest 5.4

https://www.icy-veins.com/holy-priest-wow-pve-healing-macros-addons

2.2.1 Senseless, because Lightwell isn't to clock anymore

Lightwell Buddy, according to thier update, still works w/ the most recent patch.  Yes, you can still use this Lightwell as a clickable version by using the appropriate glyph.  You or their website is incorrect. 

Or in the famous words of Inigo Montoya "I do not think this word means what you think it means."  (Senseless)

Edited by Gwenymph

Be wary of AMR. The site has known issuescollaborating with theorycrafters of a specific spec, opting to keep suboptimal stat weights on their site.

The default stat weight for holy priests when you visit their site is however telling you to get spirit>mastery>crit>>haste, which is the default unless you're raiding in 10m and you want to roll with the haste build(which in my opinion is incredibly fun and more engaging than the PoH-spamming mastery build).

One thing I would like to add though in the holy guide is additional haste caps. The 4721 haste cap works well when you're starting out. But as you start getting into flex or higher difficulties, higher breakpoints will provide a better throughput. The next cap at 13163 is easily attainable in flex gear, and once you get normal gear or higher, the haste cap at 18230 is the next logical step.

Jhazrun, if I'm not mistaken, at the time they killed Garrosh was at the third haste cap. Only going for the first haste cap will give less output than going for higher haste caps.

Edited by steve

Guest Sympathy

Hi  everyone,

Regarding the haste build I am wondering if using the glyphed Renew is a good idea when using it.

On the one hand the renew heals more but on the other hand it's more difficult to maintain the renew on many targets especially with the Cascade travel time.

Don't you think  doing haste until first cap >spi until confortable> mastery > crit > haste is a much more polyvalent build?

Regards,

Sympathy

Guest Sympathy

Hi Guys,

As a 10 man raider I am interested in the Renew playing gamestyle but I found really difficult to maintain on many people when it is glyphed as it has a short duration and Cascade a long travel time.

For the moment I aimed the first hasted cap 3039 (unbuff) for the extra HW:Sanctuary ticks and Renew (unglyph) and then go for mastery > crit (after enough spirit) to play raid heal.

I think i would go for the second haste cap and glyphed renew only has a tank healer (in Chakra:Serenity)

What do you think,

Sympathy

Guest Sellenity

Hey Sympathy,

I dont get on here often, but ive been a holy priest since vanilla so ill give a few comments here but you (and any new holy priest!) are welcome to whisper me in game with any questions! #Sellenity1848

It is difficult to maintain, and mid fight you will often only keep 4-6 renews up at best, with all the other spells you have to cast on cooldown. And whats difficult is that each fight is a different situation, changing which talents are best to match with chakra: serenity (sometimes you do switch to sanctuary in 10man). I do 25man heroic currently but ive done 10mans as holy, using renew spec (varying per fight) and it is not the most enjoyable experience ill tell you! It turns into a global cooldown chase, where you are using renew every .5 seconds and trying to get the 1.0 gcd spells out as much as you can in between. It can be a lot of work. 

In 10man, i wouldn't recommend hasting just to get sanctuary (since most 10mans wont have more than 2-3 people in it, minus fights like thok), but definitely for the glyphed renew tick, which thankfully are like 4 from each other.  If you don't have the group 5% haste, just make sure to keep the haste up to date with the minimum, cause if you are just a few off that extra renew tick loss really hurts. I always keep mine at 4721 in 25man. I do stack mastery, but only for 25man. I stacked crit in 10man after haste cap, and it did much better than mastery, as mastery really only shines when its on A LOT of people! I recommend just capping the glyph renew haste, then geming spirit with reforging out of mastery to crit. 

Just be prepared to spaz heal for 4 hours straight!

Use askmrrobot and make a profile for 10man with those haste caps, and mastery at lowest priority and let it do all the work for you lol. 

Hi Guys,

As a 10 man raider I am interested in the Renew playing gamestyle but I found really difficult to maintain on many people when it is glyphed as it has a short duration and Cascade a long travel time.

For the moment I aimed the first hasted cap 3039 (unbuff) for the extra HW:Sanctuary ticks and Renew (unglyph) and then go for mastery > crit (after enough spirit) to play raid heal.

I think i would go for the second haste cap and glyphed renew only has a tank healer (in Chakra:Serenity)

What do you think,

Sympathy

Guest Figura

With Warlords of Draenor so close to its release date, I'm not sure if these comments are necessary, but there are a couple valuable updates to this guide that I think ought to be made:

--

For the Tier 5 Talents, Halo and Divine Star should be updated to more accurately reflect positioning requirements. (This probably isn't news to anyone who frequents these forums, but it is really important for new players coming to the site for help, so I think the update really is much-needed.)

Divine Star has a broader "width" than its linear description implies, meaning that with its low cooldown it is the go-to choice when the raid will spend the majority of the fight closely stacked.

Conversely, because Halo does its best healing on targets at range, it's a very poor choice when the raid is stacked. Instead, Halo is best when a very large burst of healing is needed at regular intervals, and the raid is loosely spread. It's a difficult and highly situational spell for Holy to use because of its long cooldown paired with its tendency to massively overheal.

Also, and this is potentially a personal thing rather than a guide thing, but Cascade's travel time gives it the ability to be slightly pre-cast in a way that the other two really can't be, which is often handy in smoothing out the damage from certain raid mechanics.

--

Besides the Tier 5 talent updates, I think it's a shame that, from Tier 3, the guide was never updated with a comment on how much FDCL can outshine the other Tier 3 talents with the t16 2-set bonus. But that's definitely something that will soon become irrelevant with WoD.

Sign in to follow this