FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
rodalpho

Notes on the frost DK guide

My notes on the Frost guide.

- Anti-Magic Zone is really only useful on heavy simultaneous raidwide AE damage, like electrocute on Nefarian.

- I believe you're underselling Purgatory. It's true that as a DPS you should never die, but people make mistakes all the time. Purgatory gives you a do-over. 3 seconds is plenty of time to drink a healing pot, pop your healthstone, or get a smartheal from chain heal, PoM, etc.

- Glyph of dark succor has some minor use in raiding with adds or trash as in 5.x the Death Strike is also free. (this is a change from 4.x)

- Your DW frost priority appears to be straight out of simcraft, which is of course technically correct, but very difficult for a human to actually execute. I suggest the following.

Keep up Diseases (Outbreak, Unholy Blight, Howling Blast, Plague Strike)

Soul Reaper when <=35% health

Plague leech when blood plague <=3s

Howling Blast with Rime active

Frost Strike with Killing Machine active

Obliterate if both unholy runes are active and <=74 runic power

Howling Blast

Frost Strike

Horn of Winter

- AE rotation priority #5 should be removed. The idea is you always want to keep 1 unholy rune available to game runic empowerment against unholy. That way it will always give a rune that can be used to Howling Blast.

- DW masterfrost outperforms 2H by a bit. DW also has dramatically better AE.

Thank you for everything you've said. You can expect both guides (this and Unholy - I've read your notes there and I'm equally thankful) to be updated tomorrow to incorporate all that you've said.

Let me know if there's anything else at all. And again, I can't thank you enough :)

Obliterate if both unholy runes are active and <=74 runic power

Howling Blast

Frost Strike

Horn of Winter

Just clarifying, does this mean I should only Obliterate to get rid of one Unholy rune, and then proceed to use frost runes on Howling blast instead? Presuming it's to take advantage of Runic Empowerment, but just like to make sure Posted Image

Hi, I'm a bit confused on the change for DW. I still for the most part stack haste then mastery. I could never get used to playing unholy because it just felt soooo very slow. Previously haste was before mastery as for priority. It seems this has been changed and I see on mr robot its the only priority available.

I also am confused and think it might be in error that mr robot lists the runforges backwards. I always thought razorice is main hand and crusader is off hand. they have it lsted the other way.