Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Shaman Leveling Guide

25 posts in this topic

In the beginning af the guide it looks like it's a mageguide. I guess it's a case of copy/paste from the mageguide that has not been changed.

In the beginning af the guide it looks like it's a mageguide. I guess it's a case of copy/paste from the mageguide that has not been changed.

Indeed, it was! Thank you very much for reporting the issue :)

Just wondering when you're going to get your guides back up for leveling up starting at level 1. These were actually quite helpful when learning how to play a new class effectively.

I would like to know too, why 1 - 85 guides are gone and will you restore 'em back

Just wondering when you're going to get your guides back up for leveling up starting at level 1. These were actually quite helpful when learning how to play a new class effectively.

I would like to know too, why 1 - 85 guides are gone and will you restore 'em back

The old level 1-85 guides are gone because the classes changed too much for them to still be applicable. We will update the current leveling guides to include the part between level 1 and level 85 as soon as we find the time.

The Talents and Glyphs link seems to lead to a blank Talent Calculator.

I couldn't reproduce that.

I couldn't reproduce that.

Hey Damien,

I believe it may be the person's browser - at home I use IE 8 (still using XP), at work I use IE10. When IE 10 is put on IE8 browser mode, the talents window does not have any color shading around the different levels. But if IE9 or IE10 mode is used then the talents window is shaded properly.

So the fix is to double check your browser mode if using IE 9 or 10, and if you are stuck at IE8 or less - use Firefox.

Now, get them shaman 1-90 guides done! Posted Image

-roo

Pls ignore my last comment...I didn't realize that Ele and Enhancement were on that same web page for Shammy leveling. Posted Image

After picking up my shammy again ( in cata last played).

I went to pandaria and was looking for the best way to lvl!

The best way for me was aoe lvling. So i tought by myself lets check Icy Veins!(to get better or change anything)

What do i see? U dont recommend this, i mean single target is sooooo boring ( and slow).

Shammys might be a bit squishy imo, but aoe lvling is fun! take on 5-6 mobs and see ur hp go to 11% or sumthing and ur mobs are down!! This satisfies me alot :D

Anyways, very nice leveling guild

Just wondering if your ever going to do the early level shaman levelling guide seeing as the website said it would be posted a couple weeks after the 80-90....and it has now been almost a year.... !

Just wondering if your ever going to do the early level shaman levelling guide seeing as the website said it would be posted a couple weeks after the 80-90....and it has now been almost a year.... !

We have had more important things to work on in the past, but eventually we will get into it, since we do have a template from Frost mage guide now.

1 person likes this

Hey guys, where are all your 1-85 Leveling guides? Those were some of the best tools ever! When can we expect them? Im waiting to roll a Shaman until you update. Youre complete guides for the monk along with the reposts to Sunnier were just amazing. How do we get this done? I cant wait! lol Do we need to donate like 50 bucks or something? Thanks again for all the stuff you do; your site really helps, and we all appreciate it.

JB Babalou

You say to use elemental spec, but call for use of Stormstrike (enhancement only) in the rotation.  I think you mean Primal Strike.

What happened to the 1-85 guide??? That guide was really great for learning basic rotation's and then building up to a more final rotation for later.

What happened to the 1-85 guide??? That guide was really great for learning basic rotation's and then building up to a more final rotation for later.

We thought that we would find the time to write them after the release of MoP. But, we did not. We will need to come up with a way to get these guides back for the next expansion.

Just one Error since the Pre Patch from WOD point 5 is wrong

1.2. Rotation

You have to adapt your raiding rotation slighty, so that it works against targets which, generally, will not live very long. As an Elemental Shaman, you should try and kill enemies one by one and to avoid pulling mobs together. Follow this priority list.

1. Keep wow_icon_spell_fire_flameshock.jpg Flame Shock up on the target. Refresh when there are 3 seconds or less left.
  2. Cast wow_icon_spell_shaman_lavaburst.jpg Lava Burst on cooldown
    • watch out for its cooldown being reset by procs of wow_icon_spell_shaman_lavasurge.jpg Lava Surge.
  3. Cast wow_icon_spell_nature_earthshock.jpg Earth Shock when you have between 12 and 15 charges of wow_icon_spell_nature_lightningshield.jp Lightning Shield.
  4. Keep wow_icon_spell_fire_searingtotem.jpg Searing Totem up.
  5. Cast wow_icon_spell_nature_lightning.jpg Lightning Bolt as a filler. You can cast this spell while moving

Just one Error since the Pre Patch from WOD point 5 is wrong

1.2. Rotation

You have to adapt your raiding rotation slighty, so that it works against targets which, generally, will not live very long. As an Elemental Shaman, you should try and kill enemies one by one and to avoid pulling mobs together. Follow this priority list.

1. Keep wow_icon_spell_fire_flameshock.jpg Flame Shock up on the target. Refresh when there are 3 seconds or less left.
  2. Cast wow_icon_spell_shaman_lavaburst.jpg Lava Burst on cooldown
    • watch out for its cooldown being reset by procs of wow_icon_spell_shaman_lavasurge.jpg Lava Surge.
  3. Cast wow_icon_spell_nature_earthshock.jpg Earth Shock when you have between 12 and 15 charges of wow_icon_spell_nature_lightningshield.jp Lightning Shield.
  4. Keep wow_icon_spell_fire_searingtotem.jpg Searing Totem up.
  5. Cast wow_icon_spell_nature_lightning.jpg Lightning Bolt as a filler. You can cast this spell while moving

This needs to be updated for 6.03.

Earthshock isn't even available to Enhancement any more.  ..and that's just the most glaring issues.

This needs to be updated for 6.03.

Earthshock isn't even available to Enhancement any more.  ..and that's just the most glaring issues.

This was fixed in the guide 8 days ago.

Really, this is a leveling guide? You kind of skipped the majority of the levels. Not everyone is focused on end-game content. Remember the saying that life's a journey and not a destination? Sometimes, some of us prefer the journey more than the destination.

Icy Veins is an end-game oriented website, we only have guides for that. Besides, Blizzard has done a great job making it a lot easier for people to get into the game and levelling guide (with tutorials and in-game explanations) that it feels pointless to spend weeks working on these guides so that they would cover the lower levels. In addition, people can now boost their characters to 90.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0