FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S18 Hearthstone Hunter Aggro GvG

After seeing the nerf, I said to myself „Undertaker is dead, like happened to the buzzard and other hunter nerfs.”. To be honest, I even said that those decks with Undertaker from Icy Veins won't stand a chance because of the nerf. But today I gave this deck a try. And it surprised me how good Undertaker can still be. Finished off many opponets because they ignored Undertaker. Keep up the good decks! Love this deck, it helped me a lot in previous seasons, and in this one too. Thanks! smile.png

This nerf was probably one of the only nerfs that didn't kill the card completely.

Edited by Cioco

after Undertaker got nerf this deck really bad...

You should try looking at the newer decks, then! :)

Guest HS_Warrioi

"3.2.2. Vs Priest

Mulligan aggressively for Glaivezooka. This is your key card for dealing with the usual annoying answers Priests have for your early game in the form of Zombie Chow or Northshire Cleric."

Do you really mean Glaivezooka? Because it only deals 2 damage..I think Eaglehorn Bow would make more sense in this case?!

Yeah, I mean Glaivezooka, Eaglehorn comes out too late against Northshire.

Imagine the scenario where you go turn 1 Leper Gnome, and your opponent responds with t1 Northshire. Your Leper Gnome now trades cleanly into Northshire. Same thing with Chow except you have to use a weapon charge as well.

Guest Thibble

Hey guys, is this deck still viable? I'm new to the game but could build it much easier than the average 2-3000 dust legendary decks.

Guest Thibble

If you're looking for an extremely cheap deck: https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/hunter-face-aggro-rush-gvg-deck

Face Hunter is still quite strong right now, costs a little more dust than this one, but is generally superior.

Thanks a lot, I could try this out on a friend's acc. Stuck around level 15, but still new to it so I bet I have many room to improve.

Any chance that you'll play this or a very similar rush deck on Twitch sometimes?

Guest Gavin

Would Baron Rivendare possibly be a good addition to this deck? It's only 4 mana and allows ur cards to use their deathrattle abilities twice.

Guest bwalk

what about swapping the yeti for toshly 

Oh my daym... this deck. classic Face Hunter. cancur Cancer deck. I think it's great and yeah, awesome. Like abusing this cancery deck

• Like 1

Guest Nascraytia

First of all, I'd like to thank you for this deck.  Not only is it the first one that's brought me below 15, I've actually made it to 13. Not too exciting, but it's big for me.

I have to ask (and I assume you've already thought this through, but I feel like I should ask anyways), what do you think about me substituting an unleash the hounds for one eaglehorn?

Guest Nascraytia

Why is unleash the hounds not included?

Guest lolifofo

I do not recommend this deck AT ALL. I was drawn to it because of the low cost and because I thought Legend rank was reachable with it. I guess I am a noob, but I had no idea that the undertaker used to be so much stronger stronger when I started investing in this deck. Anyway I think the "Reachable Ranks" tab should be changed from "Legend" to something more realistic to account for the post-nerf. This deck totally can't compete with other popular ones these days. The max rank I reached with it is 12.

Guest Lantrigan

This deck is no longer effective after the undertaker nerf.  I wasn't paying attention and wasted a lot of dust to create it.  Would be nice if you guys took it off the list.

It's still totally fine, I literally just played against someone running Undertaker Hunter in Legend last night.

Sure Undertaker is weaker than it used to be, but the core of this deck is still basically the same as the Midrange Hunter decks that people are playing now, it's just a cheaper, more aggressive option without Dr. Boom etc.

Guest Threshprince

I'm a new player just started a few weeks ago. I love the hunter class so I wanted to make a cheap deck when I found this one. I went from rank 25 to rank 19 on a win streak. Love the deck. Thanks Sottle for the decks and strategies. I do have one question, what do I do against players that have heal based decks and constantly heal through my damage?

You have to make sure you're maximising the damage in your deck, try and maintain a board instead of going face quite so much so your minions get to do repetitive damage, and try to use your Hero Power on every turn possible to get that consistent 2 damage going through.

Guest Hsb

I'm a newish player, been playing for about a month but only recently started playing hearthstone properly and this deck got me from rank 19 to 15 in about an hour but I've found that I always lose to zoolock and handlock, is there a specific strategy against these decks?

You should be highly favoured against Zoo, you need to be the aggressor in the matchup after a certain point. Take the first few turns to fight for the board, and then start to go Face when you build a strong board. Against Handlock, you are favoured as well, you just need to engineer their Health so they can't punish you with Molten Giants. It's a balance between setting up lethal, but not lowering their Health low enough to activate whatever combo is going to wreck you (Molten + Sunfury, Molten + Shadowflame etc.)

Thx a bunch Sottle for posting this deck, I currently have the highest rank I have even achieve!

I do have a question of when is a good idea to hit face w minions vs use minions/weapon for board control? And related to that when you should use hero power instead of playing another minion?

From my experience if you don't finish the game by turn 8, it will be very challenging to win as your opponent plays more big cards and the board gets our of control. Based on this statement then it follows that you want to use your hero power as much as possible. But I have found it challenging to use it before turn 4 as I spend the first 3 turns playing minions in order to get a board going.

Do you see it as a good idea in turn 3, instead of playing a 3 mana minion to play a 1 mana one and use hero power?

On a related question, on turn 4 say you have piloted shreder. Should you play it or is it better to play a 2 mana plus hero power?

I can't think of a good concrete example to ask when is better to use minions for board control vs. hitting face. But I do find that by turn 4/5 the opponent is able to build a board that challenges the one that I have. At this point I can

1. clear the opponent's board and mine by using my minions
  2. hit face w minions and bring opponent's health to around 15

I usually choose 2 as when I have done 1 I'm just not able to rebuild a board so I can hit face w enough force and kill him off. However, when choosing 2 a lot of times he'll just kill my board the most efficient way possible and I still can't recover and lose.

Thx a lot in advance for the help.

Guest RIse

Omg dont tell me this is true X__x Sottle man you gotta tell me that this deck is still working, as a f2p player who is totally new, i have spend all my resources to make this deck and i only need 400 more gold to buy the 4th naxxramas wing.

I was wondering how actually good was undertaker cuz he was just at 2 hit points soo i dont know. but i really need to know if im not wasting my time building this, im just missing the undertaker and the mad schient

Sign in to follow this