FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S18 Hearthstone Hunter Aggro GvG

Guest Hunterpro

A good deck for learning hunter but faaaaar to inconsistent to play in serious ranks.

Guest Flink

Just tried this new deck since it is my first real deck that isn’t basic. I’m playing for two weeks now but I struggle a little with it. Reading a lot of material on the question though wink.png

For now still at rank 20 (was 19 and lost 2 times…) with this deck, it has a 50% success rate as for now for me (3 wins, 3 loss).

I don’t think the problem is with the deck though biggrin.png

I don't have Eaglehorn Bow, I replaced it with Harvest golem, like in my previous hunter deck (with which I reached lvl 5 without much effort but I was stuck at lvl 3 when I tried to climb higher). I would like to know if this is the least worst option to replace the bow or do you have another suggestion that would reasonnably compensate this card ?

And would still rank this deck legend without the bow ?

Bow is a really key card in the deck, both for minion control and for pushing damage when it's time to race, i'd struggle to see it replaced by anything, but Harvest Golem seems reasonable.

A good deck for learning hunter but faaaaar to inconsistent to play in serious ranks.

Since I already stated I hit legend with it last season, and play it in tournaments, i'd tend to disagree.

Guest aggierogue3

this deck is okay but there is no card draw.

Yep, card draw is an issue, but the deck is very lean in terms of making every card you draw impactful, the lack of card draw is why you don't run tech cards like Hunter's Mark, because you can't afford to have dead cards in your hand.

Guest Guest

I'm playing this as my first constructed deck and I really like it. Thanks for the guide!

It took me from 25 to 15 pretty easily.  But now I'm stuck between 15 and 14 at about 50% w/l.  Most of my wins seem to come without the Undertaker.  He gets removed/killed most of the time I draw and lead with him.

Thanks for the deck guide! I built this as my first constructed deck and I love it.

I quickly went from 25 to 15 in ranked, but can't seem to break past 14 :(  I think a lot of my losses are coming to healing preists, but I'm pretty much at 50% against everyone after about 20 games at this level.

• Like 1

Guest Kelvin

Hey,

Thanks for the build, Been using with alot of success since I'm poor in heartstone terms lol. I recently came into Dr. Boom and was wondering if changing mechanical yeti to boom would be okay, I've been having success with boom, but feel for some reason the pace is slower. Thanks for the input

Guest Guest

I was wondering if changing Mechanical Yeti to Dr. Boom would be an okay change?

Thanks

Yeah totally fine, I favour not having Boom in the deck right now, because one of the benefits you get from playing an Aggro deck is punishing people for playing greedy cards like Big Game Hunter in their deck, if you give them a BGH target, then you're kind of sacrificing some of that advantage. But the change is reasonable.

Guest Lusa2

Hi i really like your deck and I was thinking of 2 things :

1) what about a 2nd sludge becher instead of mech yeti ? cause I don't really like giving a spell to my opponent... freeze/ +1 def to his taunt often made a difference in my games

2) I admit the 2/2 weapon is quite powerful but what about 2 harvest golem or 2 doggy spells (see below) instead ? golem is two more 3-drop and it has a deathrattle... The dogs can punish a greedy guy who spreads on board and clean the board / finish him with the kill command combo.

Tell me about it, and sorry for the unexact names, I play french version

Hi i really like your deck and I was thinking of 2 things :

1) what about a 2nd sludge becher instead of mech yeti ? cause I don't really like giving a spell to my opponent... freeze/ +1 def to his taunt often made a difference in my games

2) I admit the 2/2 weapon is quite powerful but what about 2 harvest golem or 2 doggy spells (see below) instead ? golem is two more 3-drop and it has a deathrattle... The dogs can punish a greedy guy who spreads on board and clean the board / finish him with the kill command combo.

Tell me about it, and sorry for the unexact names, I play french version

Those changes seem sensible, I'm uploading a new Hunter deck soon that looks very similar to the suggestions you've made here, so until then, it seems fine if you want to make those changes.

Is it me who's just bad or zoo is a bad matchup for this deck ? it's pretty much the only one matchup im having problem with at the moment

I think this deck is favoured against Zoo, just Mulligan really hard for Undertaker and Mad Scientist, Zoo has a really hard time beating Mad Scientist.

You are actually right, it just seems like i lost to zoo in the first game i played with this deck (and i wasnt used to hunter in general since i got myself Naxxramas quite recently) now im fine i made my way from rank 15 to 10 quite easily 

I would cut one Glaivezooka and then another card of your choosing if you want to fit some Loot Hoarders in.

Awesome deck thank you for building it.  I added an Enhance-o-Mechano for a Piloted Shredder and a Faceless Manipulator for the Sludge Belcher.  Do you think those cards break up any synergy in this deck?  I love the Mechano's battlecry.  The manipulator I liked better than the belcher because i could copy a belcher if needed, or if it goes into a late game a possible legendary copy.  Thanks again for the deck!

Guest Ninjasoup

I replaced x2 Leper gnome with x2 unleash the hounds and I also replaced x1 Piloted Shredder and x1 Ironbeak Owl for x2 Knife Jugglers, works pretty good and gives you both Undertaker & Knife Juggler strategies so no worries if you don't draw him first...also I did this because I don't have the other cards to put into this deck biggrin.png

Updates will come after the nerf, but I will need to test things thoroughly before I know what the best way to go is.

Guest morgvanny

haha dangit. I was just getting close to being able to build this deck, and they nerfed undertaker. oh well

Guest Guest

I gave this a brief trial and so far it's good. 5 wins to 2 losses. a little variabilty with the items the mechs drop. the undertaker has been nerfed....i think people might ignore then a bit now.

Sign in to follow this