Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
razor

Retribution Stat Priority

6 posts in this topic

I just went over the updated statistic priority for ret paladins, and I'm a little confused.

1. Strength;
  2. Mastery;
  3. Haste (until 15% with raid buffs);
  4. Multistrike OR Critical Strike (but not both);
  5. Haste;
  6. Versatility.

Is there a negative impact to having both Multistrike, and Critical Strike? What is the benefit of choosing one over the other?

I've been trying to do some research, but I'm coming up empty. Anyone have any good information to share on this?

No there isn't, but you'd get more of a benefit going for one over going for both, meaning if you had a choice between 2 crit pieces or a crit and mult piece, having double the crit stats will provide a greater bonus than having half that and some mult.

No there isn't, but you'd get more of a benefit going for one over going for both, meaning if you had a choice between 2 crit pieces or a crit and mult piece, having double the crit stats will provide a greater bonus than having half that and some mult.

I disagree with this, since having more of every stat multiplies into eachother, example 10% crit 10% multi is kinda a 21% damage increase, vs 20% crit being 20% damage. Not sure why it says only one though.

Perhaps it was trying to say each individual stat is 3rd in the priority tied with eachother, not "get an item with both crit AND multistrike on it!" Though I doubt anyone would ever read it that way. Im really confused on that one, we might have to ask Vlad about it, since he puts those together.

I disagree with this, since having more of every stat multiplies into eachother, example 10% crit 10% multi is kinda a 21% damage increase, vs 20% crit being 20% damage. Not sure why it says only one though.

Perhaps it was trying to say each individual stat is 3rd in the priority tied with eachother, not "get an item with both crit AND multistrike on it!" Though I doubt anyone would ever read it that way. Im really confused on that one, we might have to ask Vlad about it, since he puts those together.

After some more research and talking to some other Paladins, I think that it means to just focus on one so you don't miss out on stacking more Mastery. Get Haste 15% buffed, then prioritize one over the other so you can continue to stack Mastery. Crit/Mastery or Multi/Mastery gear over Crit/Multi.

I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of it.

That's pretty much how it is raz. It's not so much that going for both is bad, it's not by any means, just that you'll get more out of going for one for a higher chance in it than lower % in both.

Also I was the one that had vlad put it there :P