razor

Retribution Stat Priority

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

I just went over the updated statistic priority for ret paladins, and I'm a little confused.

1. Strength;
  2. Mastery;
  3. Haste (until 15% with raid buffs);
  4. Multistrike OR Critical Strike (but not both);
  5. Haste;
  6. Versatility.

Is there a negative impact to having both Multistrike, and Critical Strike? What is the benefit of choosing one over the other?

I've been trying to do some research, but I'm coming up empty. Anyone have any good information to share on this?

No there isn't, but you'd get more of a benefit going for one over going for both, meaning if you had a choice between 2 crit pieces or a crit and mult piece, having double the crit stats will provide a greater bonus than having half that and some mult.

No there isn't, but you'd get more of a benefit going for one over going for both, meaning if you had a choice between 2 crit pieces or a crit and mult piece, having double the crit stats will provide a greater bonus than having half that and some mult.

I disagree with this, since having more of every stat multiplies into eachother, example 10% crit 10% multi is kinda a 21% damage increase, vs 20% crit being 20% damage. Not sure why it says only one though.

Perhaps it was trying to say each individual stat is 3rd in the priority tied with eachother, not "get an item with both crit AND multistrike on it!" Though I doubt anyone would ever read it that way. Im really confused on that one, we might have to ask Vlad about it, since he puts those together.

I disagree with this, since having more of every stat multiplies into eachother, example 10% crit 10% multi is kinda a 21% damage increase, vs 20% crit being 20% damage. Not sure why it says only one though.

Perhaps it was trying to say each individual stat is 3rd in the priority tied with eachother, not "get an item with both crit AND multistrike on it!" Though I doubt anyone would ever read it that way. Im really confused on that one, we might have to ask Vlad about it, since he puts those together.

After some more research and talking to some other Paladins, I think that it means to just focus on one so you don't miss out on stacking more Mastery. Get Haste 15% buffed, then prioritize one over the other so you can continue to stack Mastery. Crit/Mastery or Multi/Mastery gear over Crit/Multi.

I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of it.

That's pretty much how it is raz. It's not so much that going for both is bad, it's not by any means, just that you'll get more out of going for one for a higher chance in it than lower % in both.

Also I was the one that had vlad put it there :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cruizerdog
      Hey, so I've recently decided to main a BM hunter for the rest of legion and was just curious if there was some helpful tips out there (I've been reading up on the guides/forum posts but trying to see if I'm doing ok).

this is me. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/greenmidget

sorry, I haven't done this before so I don't have any data to link or know how to use stuff like Warcraft logs or sims. I've also haven't done many runs of tombs yet so don't have any tier pieces.

looking at the icy veins guides I've talented for dire frenzy but didn't realise how much mastery I ended up with. Have I gone too crazy with mastery, should I be adjusting my stat prio better? Thinking I should probably gem for more haste. Most of my enchants/ gems I'm using are just ones I had the highest rank for and cheapest to make so my necklace is probably enchanted wrong.

i probably specced for mostly single target and think I've been doing fairly poorly for AoE damage compared to other people around my ilvl. Although I know to use multi-shot to refresh beast cleave I probably spam multi-shot more than the 4 secs needed, don't really use dire frenzy effectively, use titan's thunder basically whenever it's off cooldown, don't really know when I'm meant to be using aspect of the wild or whether I should be using beastial wrath in AoE fights. Should I be using murder of crows in AoE fights as well or is it just a waste of focus?

For single target I think I'm doing alright so far (only recently got the legendary boots so not sure how much the kill command cooldown should affect my rotation). Still don't really know when the best time is to be using aspect of the wild but I was basically doing the same as the icy veins guide. My opening sequence is usually something like Murder of crows, beastial wrath, titans thunder, then just kill command, cobra shot, kill command cobra shot etc.

Looking at icy veins guide I think I'm meant to be doing murder of the crows, beastial wrath, dire frenzy, titans thunder, then another dire frenzy straight away, aspect of the wild then normal rotation. After that it's just kill command/cobra shot I guess. While beastiality wrath is in effect should I only be spamming kill command/cobra shot for the quick cooldowns or should I still be using dire frenzy during this time? I use titan thunder when it's off cooldown and dire frenzy whenever it has 2 stacks. I usually just used murder of the crows when it was off cooldown but the guide seems to indicate that I should wait the extra 30 seconds and time it with my next bestial wrath. As for aspect of the wild I usually forget I even have this move and don't use it effectively, do I wait and combined it with bestial wrath? Wait and use it when I'm low on focus? Or use it as soon as it's off cooldown?

Thanks for listening to my rambling and hopefully thanks for your reply.

P.S. It's probably more of a personally choice or situational choice I guess but should I be talenting myself more for AoE for mythics. Example, one with the pack, volley, aspect of the beast?

• By Rambon
      Hello!

As the topic says, I need some help with my paladin. I feel that I'm underperforming extremely during single target fights, such as Goroth. I feel sort of comfortable with my AoE encounters, but open to suggestion and advice there as well. 
      I feel that I've focused on the wrong stats as well, because I've read somewhere that if you have the cloak, you should have around 28-30% haste.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/rambon 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/rambon - Take a look at the Goroth encounter, where I don't even reach the epic bracket for my IL.
      I'm pretty sure I'm using the right and best rotation, my opening may differ tho. Open to input and advice, and of course criticism about my rotation.
      If there is something I've missed in this thread, that someone notices that I'm doing wrong, please include it in your comment.

Thanks!
    • By TemNoc
      Hey there,

so Ive been turning to icy-veins' guides for advice for some time now, and I hope somebody can help me with my current problem as well. 
      Im a Ret-Pally currently 903 equipped with 45 traits. According to the parses on warcraftlogs and also my personal feeling, Im performing rather poorly on NH HC raids. 

Here's some info:
      Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/azshara/Vorenus/advanced
      WoWLog: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TZ8gBPH37FYKhzv6/

Things I am already aware of:
      - Zeal isnt optimal for single target (forgot to get tomes to change during raid) 
      - Potion of old war is better than Prolonged power (same issue)
      - Missing enchants on neck and back

Now I see how the above might add up some damage, but it feels like im lacking substantially more. The parse of scorp in particular seemed underwhelming, although this might be because we didnt pull all adds constantly (?). Anyhow, I looked at checkmywow for reference, and I wasted almost no CDs, barely any HP and my HP-Spender with judgement up ratio was between 95 and 100%. 

I dont have access to Convergence or 4 set bonus right now, nor any better legendary than Sephuz. 

I wanna improve but I am kinda stuck right now, unsure of what to work on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
      TemNoc
    • By Sharknad0
      This is my current pawn string from sims:
      Agility=21.87, CritRating=18.49, HasteRating=24.16, MasteryRating=22.94, Versatility=17.33
      Is anyone else getting haste over mastery and agi? I recently got the Mantle (FINALLY!), so not sure if that is affecting anything. I know crit used to be important for Mantle, so I am not sure why it would be the culprit here. I even tested swapping out my enchants to haste and it did provide a slight boost while maintaining the same scaling. Mastery is at 9300, Crit at 9300 and Haste at 8000 (Roughly), so I definitely dont feel I have enough mastery to start warranting haste over it and agi.
      Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this too?
      I do have the current sim build, so no issues there.
    • By Zabimaru
      I have been trying to switch over to a holy pally to help my guild with progression. In under a week I have been able to get my ilvl up to 891. However, my guild is complaining that I don't have the numbers that the other healers do even though I explain to them I only have 2 aoe heals and one of them is on a 3 min cooldown since I use Aura of Sacrifice. I am using Holy Shock on cooldown, but I don't cast it if everyone is as full health, and since I am near the melee, I focus on the tanks and them, but I will still throw a Flash of Light, unless I get the proc from a Holy Shok crit, to ranged and other healers. I have started using Flash over the regular heal just to get them out faster, I have the legendary cloak so I will weave in Light of the Matyr after using a Light of Dawn since it can crit for over 1 mil, but I don't use it that often since I am using Aura of Sacrifice. I am getting tired of them telling me my numbers are low, but unlike some of the dps that tunnels bosses, I actually do mechanics, and I tend to not die as much as other dps and healers. I have been trying to get as much crit as I can for Holy Shock, but not sure if I should even go that route anymore. Any help on rotation would be much appreciated since I have abandoned my 900 warlock to help my guild with mythic progression, but again, they are only focused on numbers and since I only heal tanks and melee and not everyone all the time, my numbers are lower and they can't seem to understand that.
      Here is my current armory link
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/demon-soul/Zabamaru/simple