FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fodia

Switch from truthguard to ashbringer

When I started playing again after several years off, I chose the wrong weapon/artifact chain for my Ret Paladin.  I choose Truthguard instead of Ashbringer.  So I am at 105 with Truthguard now and I was told by Bliz several levels ago that I could swap weapons at some point although I was not told how or when. I don't use Truthguard in play now just a normal weapon and seem to do ok. What must I do?

From Blizzard -  "I understand you are contacting us about your starting artifact weapon! I know it would be frustrating wanting to use Retribution and the Ashbringer and getting the Truth Guard by mistake. I made this same mistake on my Shaman. I was anxious to get the Doom Hammer and didn’t realize I was required to use the Enhancement spec. I do have some information to share with you.

The bad news is, once an artifact is selected, there’s no changing that. Luckily, you’re not stuck with this forever. You’ll need to go through some of the story line with the Truth Guard, but once you hit level 102, you’ll be presented with the option to pick up the other 2 artifact weapons. From there you will be able to use any one you’d like. ^_^"

Sorry that I didn't catch this earlier! Not really sure why they bother to gate you behind certain weapons. If you want all 3 at level 100, why not?

On 10/18/2017 at 9:07 AM, genbag said:

guess it was useful for new players at the start of the xpac, not to be overwhelmed by 3 legendary lines and 3 weapons to buff.

Yeah, I guess, it's just lame that you can't swap specs to queue for dungeons from 100 - gotta wait until you can do the other one.