Druid Class in Diablo 4
The Druid is one of the three announced classes for Diablo 4, with a total of 5 playable classes being featured in the game.
The Druid is a savage shapeshifter, fluidly transforming between the forms of a towering bear or a vicious werewolf to fight alongside the creatures of the wild. He also commands the power of earth, wind, and storm, unleashing nature’s wrath to devastating effect.
The Druids originate from the same point in history as the Barbarians, with their first leader being a close confidant of Bul-Kathos, the Barbarian King.
Bul-Kathos and Fiacla-Géar, the Druid's leader, disagreed on the best way to save Mount Arreat and the people living there. While they both agreed that their people must devote themselves to protecting their land and their people, they disagreed on how exactly to go about it. Fiacla-Géar believed that they would have to commune with the land itself and become one with nature in order to allow the people to truly understand what they were sworn to protect.
Bul-Kathos focused more on uniting the people with martial training and the two eventually agreed to a compromise. While Bul-Kathos took the majority of the Barbarians and united the tribes of the people, Fiacla-Géar took the tribes' shamans and seers into the forests of their land.
In these forests, they created the first Druid Colleges, where they studied the nature surrounding them and learnt to bond with the natural entities that inhabited Sanctuary, giving them their unique powers.
The Druid has replaced the Fire magic that they used to have with Storm and Earth magic.
They will have much of the same mechanics from Diablo 2, such as their companions.
Druids will have the ability to summon companions, shapeshift into different forms, and control the elements.
You can find out more about them in our full abilities page below.
Druids will be able to shapeshift, with multiple forms available, and it will be used with "seamless shapeshifting". No matter what form you are in, if you use a skill from a certain form, you will start the cast in your current form, then finish the animation in the form of that spell.
The forms shown on the preview so far are the human, werebear, and werewolf.
If you wish to, you can bind all of your skills to one form and stay in that form permanently.
While not all of the talents were available at Blizzcon, you can find information on everything we could test on our dedicated talents page below.
- 06 Mar. 2020: Page added.
- 02 Nov. 2019: Added further information on abilities after Blizzcon testing.
- 02 Nov. 2019: Added more information on abilities.
- 01 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Act 3, 4 and 5 Cinematics Datamined
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Launch Guide: Release Times, Pre-load and More
- All the Changes in Diablo 2: Resurrected Compared to Original
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Special Diablo 2: Resurrected Physical Version with Real Stone of Jordan Sent to Streamers
- Diablo 2: Resurrected: the Story So Far
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Release Time and Cinematic Trailer
- Incredibly Impressive Diablo 2: Resurrected PC Case