FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Restoration Druid 8.3

Guest Ready2Rez

Torty, the talents are off I think, If healing touch is gone, is abundance still there affectingit?

Abundance wasn't used for Healing Touch, it was used to increase healing of Regrowth. Same way it will in BfA.

• Like 1

Guest Spring Blossoms

Spring Blossoms IconSpring Blossoms requires a lot of players in your group to be stacked. It is the most optimal if you can keep Efflorescence IconEfflorescence under 9 people or more consistently throughout the fight without moving it too often.

What's the point of putting Efflorescence under more then 9 people, when it only affect  3 people at a time?

3 hours ago, Guest Spring Blossoms said:

What's the point of putting Efflorescence under more then 9 people, when it only affect  3 people at a time?

Efflorescence heals 3 people every 2 seconds, but the healing applied by Spring Blossoms lasts for 6.  In an ideal situation you do not want Efflorescence to heal the same person before the duration of Spring Blossoms runs out, because then it will over-write the HoT and you will lose potential healing.  Having 9 people in your Efflorescence will eliminate the chance of that happening.

So for example you have characters 1 through 9 in an Efflo:
Tick 1: #1, 2, and 3 have 6 seconds of spring blossoms

Tick 2: #1, 2, and 3 have 4 seconds of spring blossoms, #4, 5, and 6 have 6 seconds of spring blossoms.

Tick 3: #1, 2, and 3 have 2 seconds of spring blossoms, #4, 5, and 6 have 4 seconds of spring blossoms, #7, 8, and 9 have 6 seconds of spring blossoms.

With the next tick it will have fallen off of #1, 2, and 3 and the cycle repeats with no healing lost. 

It's going to be haste / crit not mastery ... with 3 pieces "Autumn Leaves" trait
Tranqui 2min, ToL and Flourish.

Edited by Zickaa

I see the Azurite trait page is updated.

Autumn LeavesAutumn Leaves seem to be most powerful trait as per guide, but the worst-designed as well. I think it is complete garbage for Mythic+, and makes your Mastery and adaptive healing obsolete in Raids as well. In raids, even with specific talents, it may be a HPS king, but bad for high incoming damage whenever you have Tranquility on CD.

For Mythic Raid progression Restodruids stack Mastery, same thing for Mythic+. So Autumn LeavesAutumn Leaves will be a bad choice overall and may become good when all raids are on "farm" state. But still, the trait that implies not using anything except Rejuv feels so badly designed.

As I see it, the best overall traits (progression raids and mythic+), will be the following (meaning you take them and don't change - of course there will be better choices if you wanna change for specific bosses and Mythic+):

1) Waking DreamWaking Dream - Ysera's Gift from 5 secs to 4 secs + increase in healing for each Rejuv (does Germination count? I guess yes), so it's a great automatic clever healing. Good for both raids and Mythic+.

2) Rampant GrowthRampant Growth - Rampant Growth. Restodruids always use free clearcasting procs, so it is a free hot on tank. With Abundance in Mythic+ it is even better.

3) Blood SiphonBlood Siphon - Mastery and Leech altogether is the best passive buff you get from traits.

All these traits are active all the time and are not proc based (unlike Swiftmend or Innervate traits).

Edited by Mekc

Guest Eluv

How exactly does Rampant Growth work? In the event that the tank only receives a "copy" of the Regrowth HoT exactly (and not a new HoT called Rampant Growth) this seems very weak in dungeons, where it seems unlikely you won't be casting a significant number of Regrowths on the tank, absent other direct healing options.

Yes, I noted that exact scenario in the Mythic+ section that will be released soon. If you are casting a lot of Regrowths on the tank (Lifebloom target), then the trait is extremely weak. 

15 hours ago, Torty said:

I posted rankings of traits in the end. 

Neither Swiftmend, nor Innervate traits are proc based. 

I meant Innervate trait is once per 3 min. Swiftmend trait is once per 27 seconds or something. I mean they are not active all the time, and they only proc (100%) when you use the CD ability.

What about Resounding ProtectionResounding Protection? What is the %? Now in-game it shows about 25% of my current HP. I guess it is made after Prydaz? So depending on HP and fight it is about 1-1.5k HPS and makes Ysera's Gift prioritize other people. Is it really Tier-3?

Also wanted to ask, when is it planned to update the guide for 120 lvl? It's 6 days left before AddOn.

All the data is available already. For gear, azurite gear, flasks, food and so on.

3 hours ago, Mekc said:

I meant Innervate trait is once per 3 min. Swiftmend trait is once per 27 seconds or something. I mean they are not active all the time, and they only proc (100%) when you use the CD ability.

What about Resounding ProtectionResounding Protection? What is the %? Now in-game it shows about 25% of my current HP. I guess it is made after Prydaz? So depending on HP and fight it is about 1-1.5k HPS and makes Ysera's Gift prioritize other people. Is it really Tier-3?

I rank traits based on throughput they provide during the fight. If they do not provide the type of throughput you want (style of it, type of delivery, whatever), then you are free to choose other ones. The rankings of healer traits will never be exhaustive in terms of straight up power levels because of all these variables. 

Resounding Protection is strong, yes. One of the better traits across all tiers. Tier 3 means it is found on tier 3 of your Azerite gear (inner most ring), not that it is a bad trait by any means. 

3 hours ago, Mekc said:

Also wanted to ask, when is it planned to update the guide for 120 lvl? It's 6 days left before AddOn.

All the data is available already. For gear, azurite gear, flasks, food and so on.

I have every part that will need to be updated ready. We are planning to do it a bit closer to release, since a lot of people are still playing on live and there's still basically one full reset left. 

Guest Eluv
12 hours ago, Mekc said:

It could be that I was experiencing a tooltip bug, but on beta at 120 Resounding Protection was in the range of 1%-2% of my health. This wasn't an outlier either, as nearly all the defensive traits appeared to be negligible hps increases, effective or realized.

One oddity that my be bugfixed was the trait that heals you when stunned or knocked back. This triggered on Travel Form Wild Charge, presumably because of how it's coded, but could be relevant if there are outdoor fights.

On 8/7/2018 at 1:47 PM, Torty said:

Resounding Protection is strong, yes. One of the better traits across all tiers. Tier 3 means it is found on tier 3 of your Azerite gear (inner most ring), not that it is a bad trait by any means. 

Ah, I actually did not get it first.

I see you already changed it to "Rings" to make it more intuitive, thanks )

Edited by Mekc
Update

Guest adiscotree

In the Azerite Traits section, what is Reorigination Array 1, 2, 3 about? I get that there's a trait called Reorigination Array - is this for the 3 pieces of gear? If so, why are you are recommending it as a good trait with the Int value looking so weak? Unless it's not the 3 pieces of gear...

Guest Tayou

How does Cenarion Ward make sense with current scaling? It heals for the same amount that Swiftmend does with a longer cooldown, and we don't get two of them. Harmony is it's only synergy, and your azerite trait choices counter harmony. If I want to leave a single Rejuvenation on someone to benefit from Autumnal leaves, I should want a second Swiftmend for spot healing. This can't possibly be right in the current build.

18 hours ago, Guest adiscotree said:

In the Azerite Traits section, what is Reorigination Array 1, 2, 3 about? I get that there's a trait called Reorigination Array - is this for the 3 pieces of gear? If so, why are you are recommending it as a good trait with the Int value looking so weak? Unless it's not the 3 pieces of gear...

It is a buff you receive with Lazer Matrix and Archive of the Titans traits. It goes on top of their values, depending on how many bosses you have killed and how many week have passed since the release of Uldir. Basically it's a free increase on those 2 traits. It's not "recommended", it's just a good addition to already solid traits, if that makes sense.

1 minute ago, Guest Tayou said:

How does Cenarion Ward make sense with current scaling? It heals for the same amount that Swiftmend does with a longer cooldown, and we don't get two of them. Harmony is it's only synergy, and your azerite trait choices counter harmony. If I want to leave a single Rejuvenation on someone to benefit from Autumnal leaves, I should want a second Swiftmend for spot healing. This can't possibly be right in the current build.

First of all, it heals for a bit more than Swiftmend, due to it scaling with Haste and contributing to Mastery on the target unlike Swiftmend. It also has almost 50% higher Healing Per Mana, which is important in raids, obviously not so much in dungeons. That's why it's only a recommended talent for raids. 

Guest Zaneri

Why is Germination a bad choice combined with Autumn leaves? Autumn leaves says if Rejunivation ist the only hot it provides the more healing, with germination its still the same hot no other one.

Am i right with these thoughts? if not pls explain my mistake :)

It's covered in FAQ section. If you have 2 Rejuvs, Autumn Leaves don't work. If you only have 1 of either, they do. 

Guest Eluv

I've done my best to port Leafy's RDSW Weakaura over to BFA. I'd appreciate any testing folks are willing to do. Apart from putting in new Stat -> percentage scaling factors, and fixing a few issues introduced by API changes, I did make a minor change to behavior. I set the haste scaling flag on the direct healing portion of Regrowth to true, where it used to be false. This is an attempt to approximate the notion that you'd have cast that % "more Regrowths" over the fight. 

Here's the WA import: https://wago.io/H1YwyvJwX