Jump to content
FORUMS
Damien

Castle Nathria Healer Rankings

Recommended Posts

Guest Amani

"especially with the new increased chain jump radius to Chain Heal"
The author does not understand the classes he writes about, and does not understand their changes. It's a shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Guest Amani said:

"especially with the new increased chain jump radius to Chain Heal"
The author does not understand the classes he writes about, and does not understand their changes. It's a shame.

Yeah that's a bit off, the Chain Heal "range increase" was a bug fix to make it equal jump range as on BFA since it was bugged to be way smaller, should be fixed soon once Impakt comes around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently joined the Raidline guild, they have now only killed 5 mythical bosses of the current raid, do you think it makes sense to hope that in Shadowlands they can close all 10 mythical bosses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sarkli

I never feel these "expert" lists do any good for the game. Conjecture and opinion based lists only hurt the overall game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vukitch said:

Recently joined the Raidline guild, they have now only killed 5 mythical bosses of the current raid, do you think it makes sense to hope that in Shadowlands they can close all 10 mythical bosses?

Depends on the evolution of your roster going to Shadowlands, one would hope guilds are always improving and killing more and more bosses every raid tier, but ultimately it is down to you whether to do your best and wait or try to jump to other, higher progressed guild 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Sarkli said:

I never feel these "expert" lists do any good for the game. Conjecture and opinion based lists only hurt the overall game. 

Impakt is a Warlock, officer of BDGG who finished Nya'lotha world #9 and he has a lot of contacts in the other top guilds, the stuff written is their best guess at how things will be shaping out, which impacts what classes they want their members to roll and so on for Shadowlands. So while the usefulness of "tier lists" can indeed be disputed, if you were to have anyone write it, he is a pretty good choice.

Now, no one knows everything about retail WoW because things are constantly in flux and very complex, so this sort of page ends up requiring a ton of input from various people, which is what is happening now.

Check in later for improvements 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Koalawolf
On 9/4/2020 at 9:05 PM, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our Castle Nathria Healer rankings.

Well this Article isnt really trust worthy if the bugfix of chainheal bounce range is marketed as a buff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the person who wrote this actually look at any healing logs? This gives no insight into why these specs are good in Castle Nathria specifically. It's basically just reiterating what everyone memes about each of the healers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Seksi said:

Impakt is a Warlock, officer of BDGG who finished Nya'lotha world #9 and he has a lot of contacts in the other top guilds, the stuff written is their best guess at how things will be shaping out, which impacts what classes they want their members to roll and so on for Shadowlands. So while the usefulness of "tier lists" can indeed be disputed, if you were to have anyone write it, he is a pretty good choice.

Now, no one knows everything about retail WoW because things are constantly in flux and very complex, so this sort of page ends up requiring a ton of input from various people, which is what is happening now.

Check in later for improvements 🙂

Thanks Seksi, couldn't have said it any better. 

 

This list is very much subjective, and healing comps are notoriously hard to predict. This is what I and my guild (as well as others I've talked to) have experience from testing on beta. If you have differing opinions that is totally fine, let me know what you disagree with and how I should change it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guest Koalawolf said:

Well this Article isnt really trust worthy if the bugfix of chainheal bounce range is marketed as a buff 

My wording was bad on that part. I'm well aware it was just a bugfix, I just meant it was a buff from early beta -> current beta since it was like that for awhile. It has been fixed now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, grizzlysaurusrex said:

Did the person who wrote this actually look at any healing logs? This gives no insight into why these specs are good in Castle Nathria specifically. It's basically just reiterating what everyone memes about each of the healers...

I tested every encounter with my guild, as well as consulting some other top raiders that I know. This isn't meant to be a full guide on every healer, more to showcase some of their strong points and why you would want them as well as where they fall right now compared to other healers.

 

That being said I already did commit some reworks to a few of the spec descriptions and modified the ordering a little bit from some extensive healer feedback earlier today. If you have any suggestions about what you think should be changed please let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Koalawolf
6 hours ago, Impakt said:

My wording was bad on that part. I'm well aware it was just a bugfix, I just meant it was a buff from early beta -> current beta since it was like that for awhile. It has been fixed now.

Well thank you for your answer. I didnt mean to put your expertise down but felt most people that will check this article probably didnt play beta themselves and might have missed the bug -> could lead to misconception about shamans, and some people tend to take articles like this as gospel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guest Koalawolf said:

Well thank you for your answer. I didnt mean to put your expertise down but felt most people that will check this article probably didnt play beta themselves and might have missed the bug -> could lead to misconception about shamans, and some people tend to take articles like this as gospel

No worries, I totally understand. I definitely underestimated how much weight something like this would carry, so I'm working with the class writers now and other top raiders to ensure that everything is in the best condition possible to not give any false impressions. Myself and my guild have been extensively playing beta for months now so most of our perceptions have changed over the course of beta, not necessarily from BFA -> Shadowlands.

 

I'm looking to keep this updated and make this as accurate as possible - please leave whatever feedback you want, even if it's negative!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impakt, Thank you for the insights and the effort you've put in to give us the rankings! While I understand this is a rough list, it's really nice to have some insight in to beta numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devotion aura is listed as the best cooldown in the game.  It's a 15% damage reduction in shadowlands and lasts 8 seconds.  Power word barrier is a 25% damage reduction, also reduces spell interupts, and lasts 10 seconds.  What metric was used to determine 'best'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucavian said:

Devotion aura is listed as the best cooldown in the game.  It's a 15% damage reduction in shadowlands and lasts 8 seconds.  Power word barrier is a 25% damage reduction, also reduces spell interupts, and lasts 10 seconds.  What metric was used to determine 'best'?

This is definitely a bit subjective, but the main difference in how you can use it. Devotion Aura is a 40 yard raid wide buff whereas Power Word Barrier requires everyone to be stacked in a small area. There are definitely times where the Barrier would be more valuable, but overall the Devo Aura has better use in the raid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...