FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

6.1 Affliction Guide

Blah, it probably sucks without any Haste.  I have gotten rid of some of my Crit gear.  I might be following with you.  Destruction while moving = BLEH. 

How did the trying go?

Also can I ask in the long term is Copeland's Clarity still worth it post its nerf/buff/nerf? Or whatever they did it as I think the ingame tooltips are still wrong.

Secondly, does it really have different item levels? I thought it only came in 665 and came as a world drop?

Edited by spikeysquad

I tried out affliction on our off-night normal clear last night. Affliction seemed strong on most fights. It seems to have the highest average across every fight right now, at least for me. I was lacking a lot of haste on my gear so I swapped my enchants and gems to haste to bridge the gap. After comparing my logs I think i'm going to stick with it being my main spec, with demo being my offspec but with how much it's damage suffers from movement I think i'm going to let it rest for a while.  We will be killing heroic imperator tonight and working on Mythic Kargath/Twins depending on how many attempts it takes us to down him. We got to phase 4 several times tuesday night. I'll post a link to our logs sometime after raid this evening.

Yea I switched to Aff/Destro as well.

Aff seems to be doing well right now, and is pretty decent for movement.

I'm running Aff on Kargath, Butcher, Tectus, Twins.

Destro on Bracken, Kograh, and Margok.

I have entirely too much crit on my gear right now though just based on the drops I've been getting, like 1200 crit and only 600 haste/mastery.

I am running Aff/Destro now at the moment but I have a decent amount of Haste/Mastery gear. I feel like in destro I am hitting like a wet noodle. So the question becomes do you think it is wise to run an entirely different set of gear for Destro and Affliction?

I'm in the dilemma where I want to try affliction but can't decide which spec to bench. Or If I should stay a double d lock

I am running Aff/Destro now at the moment but I have a decent amount of Haste/Mastery gear. I feel like in destro I am hitting like a wet noodle. So the question becomes do you think it is wise to run an entirely different set of gear for Destro and Affliction?

The stats don't matter nearly as much as people think, I'm almost full mastery/crit gear and still do very competitive DPS in Aff (well competitive for a warlock). I'm running only about 7.5% haste WITH raid buff.

If I HAD a set of mastery/haste gear, I would use it. But until then I'm stuck with mastery/crit.

just fyi it looks like Sandman's Pouch is only proccing from haunt for aff. dots don't seem to proc it

I think you're mistaken. 

Event logs from Brackenspore on Wednesday on 3 of the 4 DMF procs:

BrmCduM.png

r3iBedt.png

Nj4DmXY.png

Looking across a few fights I'm seeing a lot of cases where I don't have a Haunt cast anywhere near my DMF proc.

It was working on Weds. They hotfix/broke it in the last 2 days. Tonight I went full boss fights without it, other lock in my raid had the same. Friend said on Skype he did 3+ minutes of just dots on target dummy with no procs.

When does Soulburn haunt start to overtake demonic servitude for single target?

I was wondering this exact thing last night. I had a look through the top Affliction parses for purely single target fights and the majority seem ti be running DemServ still, even in the 670~ ilvl range. What would the breakpoint be? When we have enough haste to regenerate shards for both good SB:H and Haunt uptimes, right?

I haven't run Sims to double check where the break point is after the buffs/nerfs of hotfixing, but last I ran them it was after you get T17 2pc. Haste helps shard regen but getting a flat 5% to proc is much more efficient.

• Like 1

When does Soulburn haunt start to overtake demonic servitude for single target?

Not in Highmaul.

• Like 1

Anyone else really enjoying this spec at the moment?

I know demo seems better to a point, but I cant play demo well enough, However Aff is semi interesting compared to destro in its current state. 

In those terms, I agree, But having 3 dots to track instead of 1. Aswell as haunt. A lot more to do then incinerate and use bolts.

(this is taking demo out of the discussion)

In those terms, I agree, But having 3 dots to track instead of 1. Aswell as haunt. A lot more to do then incinerate and use bolts.

(this is taking demo out of the discussion)

i agree. I had trouble keeping demo rolling on twin ogron and felt much better going affliction. Tracking dots and keeping haunt up was fun for that fight in particular.

What's the general rotation for fights with more than 2 targets like twins, for instance on Tectus with 4 smalls, 1 medium up, do you keep full dots on one + channel and only keep up corruption on the other four, or do you just dot cast the whole time and never channel to try and keep 3 dots up on all targets with SB: H.

What's the general rotation for fights with more than 2 targets like twins, for instance on Tectus with 4 smalls, 1 medium up, do you keep full dots on one + channel and only keep up corruption on the other four, or do you just dot cast the whole time and never channel to try and keep 3 dots up on all targets with SB: H.

Only your most recent Corruption procs Nightfall, so there's no reason to just let Corruption lay on another target.  You should have DoTs rolling on 2 targets at all times as Affliction on a fight like Twins.  For Tectus, burn one mote if you're playing Affliction since your AoE is rather lackluster.

Only your most recent Corruption procs Nightfall, so there's no reason to just let Corruption lay on another target.  You should have DoTs rolling on 2 targets at all times as Affliction on a fight like Twins.  For Tectus, burn one mote if you're playing Affliction since your AoE is rather lackluster.

Oh I know that, and I know for fights like twins you keep all dots up.

It was more for Tectus since I play Aff for Kargath, Butcher, Twins, and Tectus right now.

I meant corruption only because of the damage and instant cast nature during movement and the fact that unlike agony it's not as bad if it falls of targets when you have 5 of them.

Wasn't sure if you just use a shard to empower seed to spread corruption and just focus on channeling primary target with 3 dots, or if constantly casting dots and keeping up with 3 dot management on 5 targets is the highest dps.

Although since were now on Mythic tectus progression I'm thinking of just switching to destro since I need the burst for all 8 targets and with the havoc buff... just hate the lack of movement. Could go back to demo but right now I like how at least for heroic clears aff/destro lines up for mechanics overall on the 7 bosses.

Edited by Strife