Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inrimor

BM Hunter. Beast Cleave Uptime question

1 post in this topic

Hi there, fellow hunters.
My guild trying Tectus(mythic) atm, so I have to use BM spec for AoE.
There is a statement in BM rotation guide:

"When facing 2-4 enemies, use Multi-Shot to maintain maximum uptime of the Beast Cleave buff on your pet. That said, Kill Command still takes priority over this.

When facing 5-7 enemies, keeping up Beast Cleave takes priority over Kill Command.

In both of the above situations, Barrage has a higher priority than Kill Command."

I've got it, but I have a problem to maintain max. uptime of Beast Cleave, if I use Kill Command and Barrage(high prio) asap. Buff fades quite often, and solid part of pet's "special attacks" are not AoE. I'm trying to use focusing shot + steady focus for great focus regen, but still have a large gaps in the Beast Cleave uptime.

Any suggestions what to do?

Here's my armory, if needed:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/howling-fjord/Инримор/simple

Thx a lot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tools
      I have seen several post on bm dps questions and don't see many responses so I thought I'd drop some quick tips and other feel free to add. I am no know it all by any means but I do seem to out dps a lot of mm and the bm's I see. Spec seems to be a common issue. I spend hours a week on test dummies which is always a good habit for anyone. Cobra shot spec is the key I have found to work best for me. I hear and see a lot of player say bm is lazy and nothing to do spec. If you aren't using a cd or ability you are doing it wrong that's the first sign. There is very little down time if played right. Killer Cobra is a key to this in the spec. Most other talents icy has are fine but some can be tweaked for raid/dungeon. Way of the cobra talent is also key to this combo in the spec. I will start with my opener and explain why. Pre pot obviously then I open with AMOC , Dire. I see a lot disagree but here is my reasoning. you don't want to use AMOC. During BW or its a waste of fury so you need to offset the timers and AMOC gets buffs ticks during it's duration so no need to use it with other cd's. I use Dire after AMOC because it replaces the fury I just lost for casting AMOC. Next I use BW, MOTW, Titans and any racial buff you have and spam Cobra and KC. In this spec every cobra shot during BW resets KC. You want to burn all the fury while still using dire cd during BW. After the burn phase you will use KC every cd and Dire and use Cobra shot above 75% or so fury. Make sure you're next cd of Titans is done correctly. Always cast Titans after Dire since its effected by the number of pets you have out. You do need to even space your Cobra shots and no spam them so you're auto attacks can proc some extra Dire. Don't burn fury with Cobra's on non burn phases and let fury regen it is a dps loss. Your Titans will line up with you're BW and MOTW cd's if you do it right. Next is very important as well. Depending on your fury when you notice BW is about ready to use you need to let your fury get to max even if it means skipping a KC cd' you want full fury when you hit it every time for you're Cobra KC spam rotation. This will help out most a lot to get started I hope and there is always more tiny stuff but a lot of it is common sense so I will skip to stats.
      Stats for bm are very important like any class. You must get you're mastery up as high as possible. Haste is very important and at low ilevels more than mastery even. I might get a lot of disagreement in this but here is why. Haste is your regen and without fury your are sitting doing nothing. Below 850 you may want to have a few haste heavy items to get you to 10% then go for mastery at all costs. The higher you're mastery and haste get you will notice a very good steady increase in dps. Crit is a decent 3rd stat if you have to get a mastery item but skip vers at all costs its crap. I am over 300k on every fight and some close to 400 single target at 873 ilevel and still missing several key gear items. The dps is bm is good and I very much like the mobility.
      As far as raid tips the biggest I can say is a pet attack macro. Hati is so dumb its a huge dps loss with its add and the other pet you have is slow to react as well. Pet attack combined with your attacks is a big dps help. Also I hope some wow dev reads this since I send them bugs reports daily but yes flying pets do more dps. As this is literally proven by many players besides myself for an really dumb reason. They don't get stuck in the floor during fights. Yep a good 10k dps I can tell on parses its that dumb. One more huge tip. Always keep pet tenacity spec. Tank pets to way more damage with stomp. Id you get lucky like I did and get apex this is even a bigger increase. Hope this helps and hammy hunting.!!
    • By Valtix
      Is it ever worth using different food based on the encounter, or should we always be using Mastery? I say this because Haste is slightly better than Mastery for AoE situations iirc, so on constant AoE fights such as Iron Maidens I wonder if it'd be better to use the Haste food. Also Multistrike is marginally better than Mastery for pure single target, so same thing there with a fight like Gruul.
    • By Ulforce
      I'm currently using Stone of Fire + (Mythic) Captive Micro-Aberration (socket).

I also have the Lucky Double-Sided Coin, and (Heroic) Scales of Doom. Should I use the Lucky Coin instead of the Imperator trinket?
    • By Thardan
      Hi all was hoping someone could shed some light on how to keep my pet doing what I want and not what "He" wants. For example, during Hans'gar and Franzok, when one of them cast crippling suplex on the tank, my pet (I assume) follows the boss leaving me petless for 6-10 seconds. Sometimes he will follow and not come back, and make me dismiss and call pet in the middle of the encounter. And other times (no specific example here) I feel as if even though I have switched targets, He continues on the original target. And there is nothing better then multi-shoting a group of adds only to realize he is attacking the only lone add, thus beast-cleaving the hell out the air... On beastlord Darmak I often find him cleaving a lone spear (With our raid comp the boomkin and I are cleaving spears) and once again air-cleaving. I'll see if i can find an in game rolled up newspaper to smack his nose with .... But a real solution would be much more helpful Any other suggestions welcome, here is my armory link ---> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Thardan/simple

Thanks,
      Thardan
    • By Niix
      Changelog

10-29-14: Changed Focus Fire section for BM.
      10-24-14: Added best races for each spec.
      10-23-14: Updated Talent Recommendations for MM and BM. 
      10-21-14: Added Weapon Rankings for MM, and SV. Updated MM opener.
      10-20-14: Added Weapon rankings for BM..
      10-18-14: Hotfix updates. BM takes the lead.
      10-16-14: Added new Sniper Training Weak Auraas well as changed mistakes in the BiS gear list for all three specs.
      10-15-14: Changed recommended 60 talent for MM from Thrill of the Hunt to Steady Focus. 

Introduction

Hello my fellow hunters. In this guide I will be going over the rotations for each spec for Patch 6.0. I will also cover stat changes and what stats you'll want to look for as well as gemming and gear choices. This information is for 6.0 only and I can't stress that enough, this information will likely change when WoD drops and will be kept up to date when it does.

Wanna give a quick shoutout to Azortharion for 95% of the BM information and stat priorities. Check him out over on MMO-Champion where he is very active.

Table of Contents

1. Enchants.

2. Gemming.

3. Marksmanship.

4. Beast Mastery.

4. Survival.

5. Talents.

6. Opener.

Enchants (6.0)

The enchants are still the same.

Boots: Blurred Speed
      Gloves: Mastery
      Cloak: Accuracy / Critical Strike
      Bracers: Agility
      Shoulders: Tiger Claw Inscription
      Legs: Shadowleather Leg Armor

Gemming (6.0)

Agility has been gimped incredibly come 6.0 so hunters will be opting to take secondary stats over mainstat. Since the stat priorities for all three specs have the same first stat you'll want the same gems across the board. 

Red: Crafty Vermilion Onyx (+10 Haste, +10 Crit)
      Yellow: Smooth Sun's Radiance (+20 Crit)
      Blue: Rigid River's Heart (+20 Crit)

The reason that we use the Haste/Crit gem for MM is because there is no Crit/Mastery gem, or even a +10 Agi, +10 Crit gem for whatever reason. So we will be able to swap specs without re-gemming now.

Marksmanship

I'll leave out what we lost and focus mainly on how the new changes are to be dealt with. So first off since we don't have Arcane Shot anymore we no longer have to differentiate between when to use Aimed or Arcane. So our rotation got a lot easier with that small change.

The priority is fairly simple:

Chimera Shot Kill Shot Barrage Aimed Shot Steady Shot  
      Pretty damn easy, cus those are our only 5 buttons. So this rotation isn't even so much a rotation, because it's super hard to mess up honestly. The skill gap comes in with managing our new Mastery.

Mastery: Sniper Training: When you stand still for 3 seconds, you gain Sniper Training for 6 seconds, which increases your damage, shot range, and critical strike damage by x%.

The play style of the spec is like nothing we've seen before. Consistent movement unless in short 3 second bursts will be punished. Standing still is imperative to performing well as MM, you'll ideally want a 100% uptime on Sniper Training, but for the average player, anything above 90% I would consider good. 

Sniper Training Bar Weak Aura.

This weak aura will show you four things. If the main bar is green your buff is applied. If it is yellow, your buff is draining. If it is red, you want to stand still. The two black bars going vertically across the bar are the 4 second and 3 second markers. You'll want to stop moving somewhere in-between those two for maximum up-time. The timer is the duration left on the buff reapplying once you stand still again.

As for our stat priority, you should aim for these stats:

(6.0) Weapon Damage > Agility > Crit > Haste > Mastery

This makes our BiS gear the following pieces:

Helm: Tier
      Neck: Gleaming Eye of the Devilsaur (Thok the Bloodthirsty)
      Shoulders: Tier
      Cloak: Legendary
      Chest: Ancient Archer's Chestguard (Spoils of Pandaria)
      Bracers: Dagryn's Fuselight Bracers (Galakras)
      Gloves: Tier
      Belt: Arrowflight Girdle (Spoils)
      Legs: Tier
      Boots: Puddle Punishers / Ravager's Pathwalkers (Immerseus / Nazgrim)
      Ring 1: Swift Serpent Singet (Galakras)
      Ring 2: Reality Ripper Ring (Norushen)
      Trinket 1: Haromm's Talisman (Dark Shamans)
      Trinket 2: Assurance of Consequence (Sha of Pride)
      Weapon: Hisek's Reserve Longbow (Paragons)

AoE: 

2-3 Targets: Single Target rotation.

4+ Targets: Multi-Shot spam. Chimaera on CD. Explosive Trap if adds will live for 18 seconds.

MM Weapon Rankings / ST Sims:

Best Races:

Beast Mastery

Our rotation for BM is almost entirely unchanged, the only thing is that we don't have to manage Serpent Sting at all anymore so there's very little to worry about. 

The priority is:

Kill Command Kill Shot Focus Fire* Barrage Arcane Shot Cobra Shot *Focus Fire should be used on cooldown UNLESS there is less than 3 seconds of Bestial Wrath left, where you would no longer benefit as much from the haste, and your pet wouldn't get a 2x damage basic attack.

Our stat priority for BM will look like this:

(6.0) Agility >= Weapon Damage > Crit > Mastery > Haste

This makes our BiS list the pieces below:

Helm: Tier Neck: Gleaming Eye of the Devilsaur (Thok the Bloodthirsty) Shoulders: Tier Cloak: Legendary Chest: Ancient Archer's Chestguard (Spoils) Bracers: Bracers of Infinite Pipes (Siegecrafter) Gloves: Tier Belt: Arrowflight Girdle (Spoils) Legs: Tier Boots: Minelayers Padded Boots (Juggernaut) Ring 1: Ring of Restless Energy (Malkorok) Ring 2: Swift Serpent Signet (Galakras) Trinket 1: Haromm's Talisman (Dark Shamans) Trinket 2: Assurance of Consequence (Sha of Pride) Weapon: Kor'Kron Hand Cannon (Malkorok)     AoE:    2 Targets: Beast Cleave should be maintained as much as you can without delaying Kill Command to maintain it.   3+ Targets: Beast Cleave takes priority over Kill Command, continue to cast Kill Command as much as you can.   9+ Targets: Multi-Shot and Cobra shot exclusively.     BM Weapon Rankings / ST Sims:       Best Races:    

Survival

Gonna start this off by saying that Survival is one of the lowest performing specs in the game with the 6.0 patch. Current sims should be taken with a grain of salt but considering how far behind the other specs it is we can tell that it is going to be absolutely terrible. However I know there are people here that will still continue to play it regardless.

The priority is unchanged other than the loss of Kill Shot and Serpent Sting:

Explosive Shot Black Arrow Barrage Arcane Shot Cobra Shot  
      Our stat priority is unchanged:

(6.0) Agility > Weapon Damage > Crit > Haste > Mastery

BiS list has changed slightly from 5.4 and is as follows:

Helm: Tier Neck: Gleaming Eye of the Devilsaur (Thok the Bloodthirsty) Shoulders: Tier Cloak: Legendary Chest: Ancient Archer's Chestguard (Spoils) Bracers: Bracers of Infinite Pipes / Dagryn's Fuselight Bracers (Siegecrafter / Galakras) Gloves: Tier Belt: Arrowflight Girdle (Spoils) Legs: Tier Boots: Puddle Punishers / Ravager's Pathwalkers (Immerseus / Nazgrim) Ring 1: Reality Ripper Ring (Norushen) Ring 2: Swift Serpent Signet (Galakras) Trinket 1: Haromm's Talisman (Dark Shamans) Trinket 2: Assurance of Consequence (Sha of Pride) Weapon: Hisek's Reserve Longbow (Paragons)     SV Weapon Rankings / ST Sims:        Best Races:       Nothing else to note here for SV.     Talents   BM:   Immerseus: Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage Protectors: Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage
      Norushen: Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage
      Sha of Pride: Dire Beast, Crows, Barrage
      Galakras: Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage
      Iron Juggernaut: Dire Beast, Crows, Glaive Toss
      Kor'kron Dark Shamans: Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage
      Nazgrim: Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage
      Malkorok: Dire Beast, Crows, Glaive Toss
      Spoils: Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage
      Thok: Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage
      Siegecrafter(belt): Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage
      Siegecrafter(platform): Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage
      Paragons: Dire Beast, Crows, Barrage
      Garrosh: Dire Beast, Blink Strikes, Barrage   MM:   Immerseus: Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage Protectors: Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage Norushen: Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage Sha of Pride: Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage Galakras: Thrill of the Hunt, Blink Strikes, Barrage Iron Juggernaut: Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage Kor'kron Dark Shamans: Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage Nazgrim: Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage Malkorok: Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage Spoils: Thrill of the Hunt, Blink Strikes, Barrage Thok: Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage Siegecrafter(belt): Thrill of the Hunt, Blink Strikes, Glaive Toss Siegecrafter(platform): Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage Paragons: Thrill of the Hunt, Blink Strikes, Barrage Garrosh: Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Barrage     Opener   MM:   Your opener should look something like this.   
      Aimed Shot Chimaera Shot Stampede / Only Rapid Fire if AoC procs Steady Shot Steady Shot Rapid Fire / If AoC hasn't proc'd yet Aimed Shot / ( Barrage only if 2+ targets. On single target - otherwise delay until after Careful Aim (sub 80%)) Proceed  
      BM: Dire Beast Bestial Wrath + KC Murder Barrage / Glaive Proceed     SV:     WoD   When WoD releases all of this information will be scrapped in favor of the new tier as well as level 100 talents will be added. I will do my best to keep this updated as 6.0 gets into full swing.   -Niix