Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trillium

H NH DPS issue?

10 posts in this topic

I noticed I'm doing absolutely horrible on H guldan. I've done anywhere from 360-400k dps on him, still no kill yet either, yet on the other bosses I pretty much have no issue getting enough damage in. My ilvl is 892 and here's a list of what I have on me at the moment. I sadly do not have logs.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/us/dalaran/alarycia

Poor relic; aim for a jaws/pack relic in every slot. Way too much crit and not enough haste or mastery. Can drop heaps of your crit to try and aim for 18% haste and as much mastery as you can.

Haste and Mastery are quite low, that's an issue. Also suggest to play with Volley in NH, will be worth in every fight except Krosus and Star, Way of the Cobra also and i also use Posthaste (but we dont care about this one). Think Intimidation is the best talent for raiding, give u 2 interrupt might be important on the add of Guldan. With legendary boots u can maybe use Aspect of the Beast as last talent (not sure i dont have these). Think Intimidation is the best talent for raiding, give u 2 interrupt might be important on the add of Guldan.

Thanks! Do you happen to know which gear items/names I should be looking for? Neck, and boots are my only legos, shoulders, chest, and gloves are tier so I won't be replacing those. I don't think it's a good idea to replace BTI either, but I have Fury of the burning sky at 900 and an elemental foci at 900. I was told to use the foci here and there, but that takes away a chunk of mastery as it only gives agility. So I'm mostly looking at helms/relics/rings?

Items you want to look for are listed under the BM hunter guide, you'll see the recommended items to get from NH, although that doesn't include items from M+ and if you obviously get something from there with the right stats or relic etc you should definitely use that.

BTI & EEF for your current setup are fine, the fury trinket is pretty mediocre at best for BM as the others provide a significant dps boost to both you and your pets as opposed to just additional dps.

Alright. Are the Relinquished items worth looking into for a chance of TF? Or is it only viable to get relics?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Trillium said:

Alright. Are the Relinquished items worth looking into for a chance of TF? Or is it only viable to get relics?

I got a warforged 890 agil/mastery trinket with socket on my reroll toon.  Well, not CoF, but tons better than the waste of 5000 nethershards to get a  crappy 880 crit trinket my main got....

Edited by Eyeroll

20 hours ago, Draezn said:

Also suggest to play with Volley in NH, will be worth in every fight except Krosus and Star.

I'd disagree with this comment, just simply because volley doesn't do enough damage for it to be worth it in comparison to the ST damage you get from AMoC, which is also boosted with mastery. Plus, most adds don't live long enough on any fight for you to get much use out of volley.

I personally don't run any different setup for the bosses, just plain ST talents, other than Skorp if you're doing the cheese strat. 

1 person likes this

On 2017-04-21 at 9:20 AM, Draezn said:

Also suggest to play with Volley in NH, will be worth in every fight except Krosus and Star, Way of the Cobra also and i also use Posthaste (but we dont care about this one). Think Intimidation is the best talent for raiding, give u 2 interrupt might be important on the add of Guldan. With legendary boots u can maybe use Aspect of the Beast as last talent (not sure i dont have these). Think Intimidation is the best talent for raiding, give u 2 interrupt might be important on the add of Guldan.

For most potential. don't follow this. Go Killer Cobra for every situation even with boots. and don't use intimidation for anything other than guldan if ur guild/group is in big need of the extra interrupt.

2 hours ago, Najjic said:

For most potential. don't follow this. Go Killer Cobra for every situation even with boots. and don't use intimidation for anything other than guldan if ur guild/group is in big need of the extra interrupt.

I'm actualling running intimidation on most fights now, other than bot, since any fight that needs a stun usually has an immobile target. Been great help lately for things like mythic spellblade!