Recent Posts(time since post)
Popular Topics(last 3 days)
Brawler's Guild - Dark Summoner32 replies to this topic
Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:01 PM
Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:23 AM
Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:38 AM
Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:03 PM
- Spec into Diffuse Magic to offset damage from the Summoner's Shadowbolts.
- Do not glyph into Blackout Kick as you'll need the healing effect.
- Glyph of Afterlife is an excellent choice since the ghost adds do in fact drop Healing Spheres.
- Glyph of Sparring is also a good choice to deflect Shadowbolts.
I used Expel Harm shortly before the queue and used it again once I teleported into the arena for 3-4 Chi so I could use Touch of Death on the first ghost. After the first ghost is dead, I popped all cooldowns and started wailing on the Dark Summoner until the next ghost spawned which I switched to and killed. It's important to interrupt the Shadowbolt as frequently as possible as it deals quite a substantial amount of damage (the Dark Summoner cannot be stunned so don't bother with Fists of Fury). When switching to an add, I popped either Fortifying Brew, Diffuse Magic or Touch of Karma to offset any Shadowbolts cast during that brief interval where I'm killing the add.
The key to this fight is simply add management. You have to ensure any live adds are caught in the beam of light. I tried to ensure that I had no more than 1 add up at any given time, except towards the last 20% stretch when I just focused on keeping the adds in the light and burning down the boss.
An important note, as the adds can be summoned behind you, do not stand with your back to the wall. I'm unsure of whether it's currently a bug or not, but I've occasionally had ghosts spawn exceptionally close to me (either immediately behind or top of my character). It's aggravating as you have little chance to move before they melee you and one-shot you.
Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:51 PM
Some other pointers, not necessarily death knight specific.
- Talents/skills that proc stuff of kills works on ghosts, make good use of it to have enough dps to kill summoner.
- It is possible to death grip ghosts as DK, but make sure they're already targeted by the light, otherwise you will get one-shot.
- It is possible to survive a hit from the ghosts, albeit barely. However, if you're tank specced, enjoy that vengeance buff.
Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:02 PM
Some things I've noted:
- Ghosts can spawn anywhere in the arena. (My last pull had the ghost spawn right ontop of the Dark Summoner!)
- The enrage timer is realtiively short compared to other encounters.
- If you're melee, save your CD's for that first burn window. This is the "sweet spot" that you're going to get most of your DPS.
- Not 100% sure but it appears that ghosts are spawned more frequently as the fight goes on.
I've talented into Mass Spell Reflect (useful with no shields), Avatar, Disrupting Shout, and Gag Order just for this boss. I've gotten close a few times. My deaths have been either to random ghosts hitting (when I thought they were stunned) or the enrage.
Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:56 PM
Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:20 PM
Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:15 AM
Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:15 AM
Glyphs:Required Talents:Optional / Suggested Talents:
- Dragon Roar - Of the three Tier 4 talent choices this one will hit the hardest.
- Avatar - I chose this due to the instant damage increase rather than the bleed damage of Bloodbath
You want to jump on this guy right when he spawns and apply 3 stacks of Weakened Armor. Due to your Glyph of Furious Sundering this will be a free debuff you can apply before the first ghost spawns. You also want to take this time to set the Dark Summoner as your focus. I recommend doing it via keybind / macro while you're applying your debuff. Lastly, you want to use Mass Spell Reflection to avoid the damage from the Dark Summoner's Shadowbolt ability.
When the first ghost spawns, stun it with the light and make sure it's stunned. (I have had several deaths because I thought the ghost was stunned when the light was on it and it actually wasn't.)
Start your normal rotation but (if you can afford to) leave out Colossus Smash and Dragon Roar. You want these for the Dark Summoner.
When the first ghost is ~ 50% HP you want to pop all your cooldowns. I did this simply via keybind and an Avatar macro. The macro was this:
/use Lessons of the Darkmaster
/use Potion of Brawler's Might
With your CD's popped ( Skull Banner + Recklessness + Avatar Macro) your ghost should die with a simple Bloodthirst and Heroic Strike. During this time of killing the ghost you will want to use Disrupting Shout to interrupt the Dark Summoner's Shadowbolt ability.)
Alright. Now with your CD's rolling you want to start your rotation. Line up the boss and the next ghost and make sure you have a comfortable amount of rage (25 - 50), throw out your Colossus Smash, and start burning him with your normal Fury Rotation. Towards the end of your Colossus Smash Debuff you will want to throw in your Dragon Roar if you didn't use it on the ghost.
Ideally this should get the boss down to around 30% - 50% HP. The less the better.
Important Note: During the intial start of this burn you may be able to get in a Pummel and take full advantage of Glyph of Rude Interruption (by interrupting Dark Summoner's Shadowbolt). If you can do this then, obviously..... do it.
From here it is a rinse and repeat phase with a bit of RNG. Some key points you want to remember to keep in effect:
- Put as much damage on the boss when his Dark Protection is down. (Accomplished by killing a ghost).
- When possible, use Pummel, Disrupting Shout or Mass Spell Reflection to negate Shadowbolt
- Use defense when necessary: Die by the Sword. (I am a dwarf so I also was able to use Stoneform
- Manage your ghosts. Do not let them overwhelm you if at all possible. The exception to this is that you may have 3 - 5 of them towards the end of the fight. I had to kite them by spamming the "stun flashlight" over them, get into melee range to cast Execute, and then get back out to restun.
- If you can, try to save Colossus Smash for the Dark Summoner. The 6 seconds of negating his armor is glorious!
- When killing ghosts, take advantage of Glyph of Bull Rush and the extra rage it gives. It may mean an extra ability just to get it down quicker. Just remember to make sure the ghost is stunned before you charge in!
- The ghosts are CC-able with fear. ( Intimidating Shout). If the situation presents itself; take advantage of it. The best time is sub 20% when you're close to a kill. You do not want an additional 1 - 2 ghosts to deal with mid fight.
- Take advantage of "buff groups" (as my realm calls them). It's simply a raid group. While some buffs will be dropped when you enter the arena, most won't. A stat is a stat and anything will help.
- Bring personal buff food and flasks. Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp for maximum strength. Eternal Blossom Fish and Charbroiled Tiger Steak are alternate sources but have less strength. For your flask you will want to use Flask of Winter's Bite
- When you kill a ghost it will grant you a Victory Rush proc. Use it to heal and throw that little extra damage toward your next target.
I hope this guide for Fury Warriors helped. If I remember anything else or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me. I will be glad to answer them! When it was all said and done, the fight was a little bumpy. Ultimately I do believe it can come down to gear and DPS. There's a "fine line" and if you don't cross that threshold then you're more open to RNG being against you.
Edit Reasons: Added additional tips to remember.
Edited by Sajakain, 02 January 2013 - 05:15 PM.
Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:13 PM
Alright. I finally killed this guy as a Single-Minded Fury Warrior. I will skip all the drama of this grind and tell you exactly how I got it done.
I love your post <3. Too bad I don't play a warrior and can't put this into practice =P
All the healing alts!
Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:58 PM
Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:24 PM
Killing a ghost procs Victory Rush (I glyphed it for a bigger heal).
I forgot to add this tidbit. I will, as it was extremely useful even though I also taletned Second Wind. Either case: Congratulations on your kill!
Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:56 PM
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:58 AM
Took me about 50 tries, but I tend to panic in these situations
Ilvl 482, did around 60k dps on the fight where he went down.
Felt so satisfying to finally get him. Then I ran into Battletron......
Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:09 AM
Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:33 AM
Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:17 PM
Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:48 PM
Edited by Orladel, 08 March 2013 - 03:51 PM.