Alright. I finally killed this guy as a Single-Minded Fury
Warrior. I will skip all the drama of this grind and tell you exactly how I got it done.
Optional / Suggested Talents
- Dragon Roar - Of the three Tier 4 talent choices this one will hit the hardest.
- Avatar - I chose this due to the instant damage increase rather than the bleed damage of Bloodbath
You want to jump on this guy right when he spawns and apply 3 stacks of Weakened Armor
. Due to your Glyph of Furious Sundering
this will be a free debuff you can apply before the first ghost spawns. You also want to take this time to set the Dark Summoner as your focus. I recommend doing it via keybind / macro while you're applying your debuff. Lastly, you want to use Mass Spell Reflection
to avoid the damage from the Dark Summoner's Shadowbolt
When the first ghost spawns, stun it with the light and make sure it's stunned.
(I have had several deaths because I thought the ghost was stunned when the light was on it and it actually wasn't.
Start your normal rotation but (if you can afford to) leave out Colossus Smash
and Dragon Roar
. You want these for the Dark Summoner.
When the first ghost is ~ 50% HP you want to pop all your cooldowns. I did this simply via keybind and an Avatar
macro. The macro was this:
/use Lessons of the Darkmaster
/use Potion of Brawler's Might
For reference, here are those two items: Lessons of the Darkmaster
/ Potion of Brawler's Might
. The potion can be bought from Quackenbush
With your CD's popped ( Skull Banner
+ Avatar Macro) your ghost should die with a simple Bloodthirst
and Heroic Strike
. During this time of killing the ghost you will want to use Disrupting Shout to interrupt the Dark Summoner's Shadowbolt ability.)
Alright. Now with your CD's rolling you want to start your rotation. Line up the boss and the next ghost and make sure you have a comfortable amount of rage (25 - 50), throw out your Colossus Smash
, and start burning him with your normal Fury Rotation
. Towards the end of your Colossus Smash Debuff you will want to throw in your Dragon Roar
if you didn't use it on the ghost.
Ideally this should get the boss down to around 30% - 50% HP. The less the better.
: During the intial start of this burn you may be able to get in a Pummel
and take full advantage of Glyph of Rude Interruption
(by interrupting Dark Summoner's Shadowbolt
). If you can do this then, obviously..... do it.
From here it is a rinse and repeat phase with a bit of RNG. Some key points you want to remember to keep in effect:
- Put as much damage on the boss when his Dark Protection is down. (Accomplished by killing a ghost).
- When possible, use Pummel, Disrupting Shout or Mass Spell Reflection to negate Shadowbolt
- Use defense when necessary: Die by the Sword. (I am a dwarf so I also was able to use Stoneform
- Manage your ghosts. Do not let them overwhelm you if at all possible. The exception to this is that you may have 3 - 5 of them towards the end of the fight. I had to kite them by spamming the "stun flashlight" over them, get into melee range to cast Execute, and then get back out to restun.
- If you can, try to save Colossus Smash for the Dark Summoner. The 6 seconds of negating his armor is glorious!
- When killing ghosts, take advantage of Glyph of Bull Rush and the extra rage it gives. It may mean an extra ability just to get it down quicker. Just remember to make sure the ghost is stunned before you charge in!
- The ghosts are CC-able with fear. ( Intimidating Shout). If the situation presents itself; take advantage of it. The best time is sub 20% when you're close to a kill. You do not want an additional 1 - 2 ghosts to deal with mid fight.
- Take advantage of "buff groups" (as my realm calls them). It's simply a raid group. While some buffs will be dropped when you enter the arena, most won't. A stat is a stat and anything will help.
- Bring personal buff food and flasks. Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp for maximum strength. Eternal Blossom Fish and Charbroiled Tiger Steak are alternate sources but have less strength. For your flask you will want to use Flask of Winter's Bite
- When you kill a ghost it will grant you a Victory Rush proc. Use it to heal and throw that little extra damage toward your next target.
I hope this guide for Fury Warriors helped. If I remember anything else or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me. I will be glad to answer them! When it was all said and done, the fight was a little bumpy. Ultimately I do believe it can come down to gear and DPS. There's a "fine line" and if you don't cross that threshold then you're more open to RNG being against you.
Edit Reasons: Added additional tips to remember.
Edited by Sajakain, 02 January 2013 - 05:15 PM.