Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Balnorn

Fire mage T14 bonus: Thoughts?

1 post in this topic

So, i was curious what other's thoughts were on this, as i haven't had the time to run the numbers. Given that fact, most of this is purely speculation.

As most mages (those still playing, or having most recently played fire) will know, combustion and critical mass took a HUGE hit in the last hotfix set. For those who don't know"

-Combustion's damage has been reduced by 50%.

***So Combustion now freeze frames half of your ignite dot and ticks for 20 seconds (glyphed)

-Critical mass' crit multiplier has been reduced to 1.25% (down from 1.5%)

With this i'm curious if anyone else feels, or has tested to see, that our T14 4 set has lost a lot of value. It equates to a 24 second reduction on our combustion CD, or 12 second unglyphed. Whereas other classes seem to get a decent buff to a major DPS CD, we have a sub-par buff to what is now a medium to minor DPS CD.

For the time being i'm sticking with my Crafted gloves and chest and just going for the 2 set from helm and shoulders. But for those with the time, if you've run the numbers by chance, or would, i'm curious to see the end results.

Fire mages needed a nerf, don't me wrong, but we did not need to have a baseball bat to the knee caps.We're now arcane with prettier graphices. (1,1,1,1,1,2,3,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,3,Combust.)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sepums
      Let's have a silly discussion.
      Personally I wouldn't disenchant my Molten Giants permanently (unlike every other nerfed card) since, I believe it's still a good card even after the nerf and because I main Handlock.
      I wondered what I could replace the Molten Giants with if I decided to disenchant them but I couldn't think of anything more useful.
      What about you? what decks do you use Molten Giant with and what would you replace it with if you decided to disenchant it?
    • By Mythotical
      I remember the days of mages having frostfire bolt but required you to pretty much spec fire and some in frost. Since the day that talent trees got a revamp, I have slowly seen Frost mages become dominant in all raids including BRF. Arcane is nearly non-existent, therefore I'm here to at least keep my mage fire.

I read in another thread, HERE, that HFC is not really for fire mages unless you have the gear. So here I am to dig to the bottom of this before I finish leveling her to 100.

If fire mages are more gear dependent than frost mages, what stat priority should I have to maximize my DPS on my gear?

According to the Fire Mage DPS Stat Priority page, this is the current priority:
      Intellect Critical Strike Mastery Haste = Multistrike Versatility So should I stick with that or alter it a bit for the purpose of taking my fire mage into HFC? I ask this because I feel Haste > Mastery as a method to increase DPS and bring forth a better fire mage.

Yeah I'll experiment but I want to get others opinions on the priority of stats for a fire mage.
    • By blumist
      Hey! Thanks for reading my thread and i hope that you can help me out.
         As right now My guild is literally "bullying" me into doing more damage and it isn't nice, however i believe they are right in the matter of my damage isn't up to what it should be so I would love anyones help in finding what is wrong or not worn with my mage. In the logs below is HFC HC with my guild and I have my t18 2set and got to 1300 haste. personally i think that i focus too much on carrying others on mechanics than going for meters.

LOGS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Vjf9qWDyPdkQpt2F

ARMORY: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Ozzykz/simple

please help me be a better mage xD
    • By Frenzille
      Hello everyone,

I have been playing World of Warcraft since Wrath of the Lich King, spending most of my time playing a protection warrior. Recently though, I have delved into the class of mage.

During my leveling process I found that frost mage was the best. It has the most CC and can avoid damage quite easily. However, now that I have reached level 100 and have the capacity to join raids as my mage, I seek the knowledge of this community to understand which specialization is best for the new WoD raids.

Upon reaching level 100, I decided to search for this question. But I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to find the right explanation of which specialization is best for each instance. I hope to walk away with a better understanding of the mage class, and of how each specialization changes my effectiveness in certain situations.

I appreciate any helpful advice provided and look forward to reading your replies.
    • By Impulse
      I have been having fun raiding with Arcane and have pulled out some decent numbers given the gear I was in, but as my ilvl increased I wanted to switch to fire. I'm having trouble with the combustion mechanic this time around. I used to play fire in lich king to great success.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Erlastor/simple

Here is some of my latest parses: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/b4f0a4a6-285a-480d-affa-5d284d81dba6/report/12#v=0,d=0,c=1

I am noticing my combustion damage is not nearly as high as other fire mages I have been looking at. Am I not using it often enough? Or not letting the ignite get big enough? I try fishing for the 4-piece proc or 2x pyrocrits before using combustion but sometimes I have to use the combustion without either (RNG can be a bitch).

Do I just need more crit? I had to enchant/gem a bit to haste for a while and the rest is mastery. Or am I just killing myself in the movement phase of this Iron Maiden parse? I will be the first to admit i do not use Ice Floes as often as I should.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.