Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Balnorn

Fire mage T14 bonus: Thoughts?

1 post in this topic

So, i was curious what other's thoughts were on this, as i haven't had the time to run the numbers. Given that fact, most of this is purely speculation.

As most mages (those still playing, or having most recently played fire) will know, combustion and critical mass took a HUGE hit in the last hotfix set. For those who don't know"

-Combustion's damage has been reduced by 50%.

***So Combustion now freeze frames half of your ignite dot and ticks for 20 seconds (glyphed)

-Critical mass' crit multiplier has been reduced to 1.25% (down from 1.5%)

With this i'm curious if anyone else feels, or has tested to see, that our T14 4 set has lost a lot of value. It equates to a 24 second reduction on our combustion CD, or 12 second unglyphed. Whereas other classes seem to get a decent buff to a major DPS CD, we have a sub-par buff to what is now a medium to minor DPS CD.

For the time being i'm sticking with my Crafted gloves and chest and just going for the 2 set from helm and shoulders. But for those with the time, if you've run the numbers by chance, or would, i'm curious to see the end results.

Fire mages needed a nerf, don't me wrong, but we did not need to have a baseball bat to the knee caps.We're now arcane with prettier graphices. (1,1,1,1,1,2,3,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,3,Combust.)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nooksi
      Hello Community,
      I am an experienced Mage player since BC, however I am not satisfied with my mage Damage as it is at the moment:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZaknRwz7PCYJbvhT#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=5

Would you point out possible Improvements or grave mistakes visible in the logs?
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Nooksi/simple

Thank you very much!

• By Fenodoree
      Hi everyone. I've a question, What spect should we roll for 7.1.5?
      So patch notes for 7.1.5 (November the 29th) are out.
      And I have 2 things to remark
      1.Strong buff to Arcane Mana cost for Arcane Blast has been reduced from 125% to 60% per Arcane Charge, since they are mana dependent. This does not apply It Was a tooltip bug.
      2.Almost all fire skills were buffed in damage, Fireball,Flame Blast, PyroBlast, Scorch, FlameStrike, CinderStorm,Meteor,Conflag and Phoenix's Flames. BUT Critical Mass % was reduced from 15% to 10% and Pyretic Incantation was nerfed from 5% per stack  to 2% per stack = 15%  less damage from consecutive Critical Strikes.
      I haven't done the math yet, but since Arcane has gotten a lot of buffs lately, and Fire is getting "balanced" (Since i've no idea how the patch will afect fire dps), and Frost Topping dps in rankings, and with no significant buffs or nerfs in the patch notes i suppose they will stay in tops.
      So if anyone would be so kind to enlighten me what spect you guys think it would be the best for 7.1.5 and why.

• By Codlydodly
      Aloha,
      I have been raiding with ye olde guildies, but alas my dps has been at the bottom of the pile which I expect with my ilvl as they are all much higher but i do feel like i should be doing more than what I am.
      please take a look at the logs ( https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LGQfTc47XwkdtYzj#fight=1&type=summary&source=16 ) and help me figure out where i am going wrong.

Thanks in advance!
    • By Fenodoree
      Hello there.
      I'm a 864 fire mage currently at 6/7H but i really think my dps is too low, maybe is it because i don't have the legendary bracers yet, but still i think it should be better, In my last run in H i started doing the rotation a bit better, (i wasn't doing the crit train as i should) and i improved my dps in 20k. Still i think i should do better.
      Any help is appreciated. Thanks 
      logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9822850/10/ 

• By stormcaster
      Union is an alliance guild on the PVE server Uldum, we are currently 5/7 mythic and looking to add 1 mage and 1 resto shaman to our ranks. Union has been around since Vanilla and has had the same core of raiders for years. We pride ourselves on raiding just 10 hours per week and being able to maintain top 150 US throughout the last tiers of raiding. We raid:

Tuesday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
      Thursday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
      Sunday 7-11 EST (4-8 PST)

We are looking for a player that not only parses high, but has good survival instincts and always comes prepared to each raid.

Hit me up in game: Stormcaster#1629