Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Balnorn

Fire mage T14 bonus: Thoughts?

1 post in this topic

So, i was curious what other's thoughts were on this, as i haven't had the time to run the numbers. Given that fact, most of this is purely speculation.

As most mages (those still playing, or having most recently played fire) will know, combustion and critical mass took a HUGE hit in the last hotfix set. For those who don't know"

-Combustion's damage has been reduced by 50%.

***So Combustion now freeze frames half of your ignite dot and ticks for 20 seconds (glyphed)

-Critical mass' crit multiplier has been reduced to 1.25% (down from 1.5%)

With this i'm curious if anyone else feels, or has tested to see, that our T14 4 set has lost a lot of value. It equates to a 24 second reduction on our combustion CD, or 12 second unglyphed. Whereas other classes seem to get a decent buff to a major DPS CD, we have a sub-par buff to what is now a medium to minor DPS CD.

For the time being i'm sticking with my Crafted gloves and chest and just going for the 2 set from helm and shoulders. But for those with the time, if you've run the numbers by chance, or would, i'm curious to see the end results.

Fire mages needed a nerf, don't me wrong, but we did not need to have a baseball bat to the knee caps.We're now arcane with prettier graphices. (1,1,1,1,1,2,3,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,3,Combust.)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By megamo
      Hello,

I have a question (mostly on pool or burst phase) I'm castin pyro (on pool) or fireball to fish heating up but my problem is that I only know if I had a crit when the fireball is halfway to the target so I cast another fireball and If I see the last was crit I cancel and use my rune of power and burst with combustion.

Is this right to do that or should I wait to see if it's a crit before casting another ? or maybe finish the next cast even If I lose my heating up ?
    • By FerrousOxide
      Sorry im pretty new to WoW and I read a guide on fire mage and it shows that the priority of stats is:
      Intellect; Critical Strike; Mastery; Haste; Versatility. but when getting new equipment how much of a stat should I give up to gain a secondary stat? For example if I lose 100 Int, but gain 300 Crit is it worth it? And how do I know at what amount it is worth it to give up a stat to gain a less important stat?
    • By Lily
      Hey everyone.
      So I was playing my mage in WoD as arcane and was very happy with it. Know the prepatch came and I was nearly forced to switch to fire to stay on top.
      But I think playing fire was more fun in "the old days" and now I am really struggeling what to play in Legion. On the other hand seems arcane really complicated now with Quickening and the conserve phase.

My question is, if anyone knows if arcane will become stronger again with Legion or won't it be worth playing?

Greetings and thanks in advance!
    • By Omega12345
      Currently ilvl 700 and was wondering how good and important the 2P set for fire is.
      I just got two pieces of gear that give me the set bonus but cause me to lose out on some stats as they are lower in ilvl.
      I will be upgrading them with valor when I can, but I am wondering how good the set bonuses are for fire mage.
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/Hiyamii/simple
      Thanks.
    • By Sepums
      Let's have a silly discussion.
      Personally I wouldn't disenchant my Molten Giants permanently (unlike every other nerfed card) since, I believe it's still a good card even after the nerf and because I main Handlock.
      I wondered what I could replace the Molten Giants with if I decided to disenchant them but I couldn't think of anything more useful.
      What about you? what decks do you use Molten Giant with and what would you replace it with if you decided to disenchant it?