Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Balnorn

Fire mage T14 bonus: Thoughts?

1 post in this topic

So, i was curious what other's thoughts were on this, as i haven't had the time to run the numbers. Given that fact, most of this is purely speculation.

As most mages (those still playing, or having most recently played fire) will know, combustion and critical mass took a HUGE hit in the last hotfix set. For those who don't know"

-Combustion's damage has been reduced by 50%.

***So Combustion now freeze frames half of your ignite dot and ticks for 20 seconds (glyphed)

-Critical mass' crit multiplier has been reduced to 1.25% (down from 1.5%)

With this i'm curious if anyone else feels, or has tested to see, that our T14 4 set has lost a lot of value. It equates to a 24 second reduction on our combustion CD, or 12 second unglyphed. Whereas other classes seem to get a decent buff to a major DPS CD, we have a sub-par buff to what is now a medium to minor DPS CD.

For the time being i'm sticking with my Crafted gloves and chest and just going for the 2 set from helm and shoulders. But for those with the time, if you've run the numbers by chance, or would, i'm curious to see the end results.

Fire mages needed a nerf, don't me wrong, but we did not need to have a baseball bat to the knee caps.We're now arcane with prettier graphices. (1,1,1,1,1,2,3,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,3,Combust.)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 905~ ilvl
      - 50+ traits.
      - 8 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM.
      Mage: Frost.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By KenDx
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/Feufou/advanced
      Hello. This is my first time posting here. I'd like to ask for yer advice on what should I aim to do with my Fire mage, and how do I enhance my performance with it, specially on single target dps. 
      I believe my problem are my current secondary stats/equipment, my legendary choices and my trinkets, in that order of priority. I'd love to hear your input on any or all of these aspects and see how could I improve.
      1) My current stats are 38% crit (turns into 53% base), 20% haste, and 12% mastery. From what I understand, Mastery should be over Haste. I also have a 2-set from Nighthold (I also have the gear for a 4-set but I think the 4-set bonus isn't worth the enormous loss on ilvl). Is this reasoning correct to you? What do you think I should aim to get next to better improve my toon? I do already have a Back piece that would take my 2-set bonus away but is a 15% upgrade (Pawn), 20 ilvls above the current back. 
      2) I've got 6 legendaries: Belo'vir's Last Stand (Chest), Marquee Bindings of the Sun King (Wrists), Pyrotex Ignition Cloth (Hands), Norgannon's Foresight (Feet), Sephuz's Secret (Ring) and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish (Trinket). I usually use the gloves and ring for AoE situations, and gloves and trinket for single target. My most recent legendary are the wrists, and I have to assume it'll drastically improve my single target dps, but I actually see my numbers go down rather than up, at least when practicing with dummy targets. 
      These is my "replacement" gear for each part as of now, if it helps:
      Chest - 875 Vers/Mast NH set or 910 Vers/Crit
      Wrists - 905 Crit/Vers
      Hands - 890 Crit/Haste
      Feet - 890 Mast/Haste
      Ring - 900 Vers/Mast
      Trinket - 895 Star Gate, 895 Deteriorated Construct Core, 890 Icon of Rot, 885 Whispers in the Dark.
      3) My main trinkets are made for AoE, having Whispers of the Dark for a potential increase in single target dps, and legendary trinket. What other trinkets should I strive to get for better performance there? Any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and help me. I'll truly appreciate any advice.
    • By Tutsumi
      Okay, so for my gear I  (and my raid leaders) really think I should be doing more damage on fights.  I'm mainly specced for single fights, and I tend not to switch over - but even on single target fights it seems too low.  I've tried to match up my procs for best timing and also using them whenever they're off cool down - including my Troll racial.
      Here's my Warcraft Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19432781/latest
      My armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Tutsumi/advanced
    • By greenieSr
      Ok so let me start out by saying my weapon is lvl 885(fire artifact) and has the following relics equipped: 

Fires of Heaven 855 +10% Pyro (Fire)
      Raven's sight 865 +20% FS (Arcane)
      Fires of Heaven 845 +10% Pyro (Fire)
      (I know it doesnt add 10% each)

i have in my bag i have:

Seawitch's Foci 840 +12% Ignite (Arcane)
      Sizziling Fang 875 +12% Ignite (Fire)
      Soulforge Ember 835+12% Ignite (Fire)
      Molten Giant's Eye 860+3% Fire crit (Fire)
      Fires of Heaven 840 +10% Pyro (Fire)

Ok last time i took out an Ignite relic i lost 40-50k dps. I put in the 855 Fires of Heaven relic and just did not stack up even though it was a 10ilvl increase. So my question is should i go tripple Ignite? or maybe double ignite with the crit relic too. I care a lot more about mythic + dps more than raid so keep that in mind. it doesnt seem like the pyro one is very good compared to ignite. Also if anyone can offer an explanation as to why i lost so much dps by switching in the supposedly best relic (pyro) that would be great. My best guess is that i was on some kind of soft cap with mastery and that it did a lot more dps but idk

I think the best two options are running three ignite for insane cleave damage in mythic plus or, Sizziling Flame, Molten Giant, and Seawitch.
    • By merando
      Since 7.1.5 it seems that Cinderstorm and/or Meteor are valid options and often outperform Kindle. 
      How to properly include them in you rotation? Would be great if the guide would highlight the use of them.
      Questions like:
      Cinderstorm > Rop > Combustion > Instant Pyro > and so on  , does this really work to get 5 stacks of pyretic incantation? Cinderstorm on cooldown or only as filler if FB is on CD with HS up? When to use Meteor in Single Target Rotation?