Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

No Agility?

2 posts in this topic

Just woke my Bear alt out of his 3 year hybernation since Cataclysm. Came to Icy Veins for a refresher on stat priority, builds, etc. There is NO agility listed in the stat priorities? Really? I mean, I wasn't sure how it compared to bonus armor for tanking, but surely it's in the mix somewhere. Can someone help? Thanks.

Your main pieces of armor are all adaptive now, so you will get Agility without having to try for it. You will want it on your neck and rings as a matter of course, because you now get no benefit from Strength or Intellect. There are no Agility enchants, gems or consumables in WoD either, so the only pieces where you have a choice are trinkets; on those pieces, agility trinkets are not going to be your best choices because you only get half as much of the stat compared with the secondary stats. So while the actual weighting for Agility is going to be fairly high, in actual practice you are never going to choose Agility over any other stat on your gear.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lifvana
      Hello all, with 7.1 coming soon, I am wondering what % of each stat I should be aiming for, mainly just interested in mythic+ and normal raids. My armory is . Not sure why it's saying I have 34.5% haste, it's more like 20-22% in game, with 28% crit and 25% mastery. My gear is kinda all over the place cause I play blood as well. I can give the exact percents I have once I get home in a couple hours, and  I have another 835 ring which I will post the stats of it when I get home. Sorry if the formatting is bad, first post and on my phone haha. Edit: Once I get the exact percentages of my stats, if someone could let me know the ideal enchants I should use, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! :)
    • By rauter
      I'm trying to decide which gear is better for me, betweeen these trinkets -> and these wrists -> .
      According to the icy veins fire mage guide, the ones i am using are better in terms of DPS. (reference: 2- Evaluating Upgrades Using Stat Weights on
      But from a second source, Askmrrobot, these two with higher item level are better than mine. I was wondering if anyone have a take on this specific situation. My guess is that Askmrrobor is taking to account the Stamina too.

So, which ones should i be using and why?

Here are my current stats for reference:
    • By Nieria
      Hi! So upon viewing the Outlaw rogue stat priority, I'm a bit confused as to why Haste is the lowest stat for us. With Outlaw's heavy influence of RNG, there are times where saber slash won't proc a Pistol Shot, causing my dps to drop tremendously. With more haste to generate energy with for more saber slashes, resulting more Run Throughs. I feel this would benefit more for constant dps rather than stacking crit just because the crit isn't going to benefit me that much if I'm taking my sweet time building up combo points for a single Run Through. I think a stat priority of Vers>Haste>Crit>Mastery might be better, however I do not have the gear to test this out yet. 
      Finally, I have both Quick Draw and Deeper Stratagem talented, and a problem I've ran into is having five combo points with a Pistol Shot proc, but not knowing if I should hold the proc and spend my current points, or use the proc while wasting that one extra combo point. The guide mentions that there isn't a big difference in dps regarding this, but I feel it can at least matter when in cleave/big aoe pulls since a six point Run Through does more than a five point in big pulls.
      Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks!
    • By drwienerful
      With the new expansion coming up and numerous class changes, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to swap from Troll to orc, because orc racials sync up with the cooldowns of the new Legion enhancement shaman better than the troll racial. I also thought that with Ascendance being an optional talent (Lets face it, it's not nearly as good as landslide is) the 3-min burst is no longer chained up with anything other than spirit wolves at the beginning of a fight. Those obviously aren't the only reasons why you would roll troll (15% haste is just straight up over powered when your classes best PVE stat is haste), but I was also wondering if haste was the best stat to have in legion as well?
    • By Haumph
      Hey all,
      One of the things I have been concerned about as my gear catches up to that of my guildmates (new addition to the roster) is that my stats are drastically shifting away from where I feel I want them to be. For example, I got the Mannoroth chest and Archi belt, the former of which also allowed me to change from tier gloves to a surprisingly well-statted and socketed pair of  5-man gloves (shown on my Armory)
      Swapping from my old 3 items (Soc Chest w/ Socket, Isk Belt, Tier Gloves), my stat changes are:
      + 11% mastery
      + 6.09% haste
      - 4.7% multistrike
      - 7% crit (down to 14% unbuffed)
      Intellect gain: 18
      For reference, here is a parse while wearing the old gear -- I'm perfectly happy with my performance as is:
      My concern going forward is, while sure there's a notable haste and mastery gain, the 7% crit seems absolutely huge. I myself have already experienced Shooting Stars droughts, and dropping that much crit would make those droughts more frequent. 
      Obviously the sims are showing that every balance druid should wear X set of gear, but I'm just curious as to the thoughts from other high parsing or high gear point druids on the forums about whether or not you feel the loss of crit in your gearing. 
      - Haumph