Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NasharStormrage

warrior Arms Warrior DPS Trinkets

4 posts in this topic

So,

Which trinket should I be using (obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.

I have the 820 iLvl trinket from a timewarped dungeon and that with heroism, Battle Cry, Potion, trinket use, could provide an extreme amount of dps burst which is also on a 1.5m CD. It seems like an obvious choice but I wanted to hear any thoughts or opinions that people have since I'll be losing 500+ static mastery. Also, the use effect gives around 20-24% increased damage during colossus smash. 

Thoughts?... 

WarriorArmsTrinkets.PNG

Edited by NasharStormrage

Good morning, Nashar;

8 hours ago, NasharStormrage said:

obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.

I'd be careful with this assumption. While Mastery is desired and does have a higher stat weight than strength, you do not want to completely throw out strength all together. If the item level gap is significant or the strength value is significant, it can be better than a piece with mastery.

In your specific case the first comparison would be the consideration of trading 545 Mastery for 933 Strength.

Without going much further into the math, as it can be very boring to some people, I'll put your answer straight forward: use the latest version of SimulationCraft to see which trinket will theoretically pull out more numbers for you. My guess, just looking at the two, is that Mark of Khardros will be better.

The numbers don't bore me at all in fact I find it very interesting. But, I will run a SimulationCraft on it. My thought process was that I'm not only trading +545 mastery for +933 strength, I'm able to pop the 4100 mastery on a 1.5min cooldown during heroism, Battle Cry, and Avatar. That increase in mastery is 23% more damage. Hopefully SimulationCraft will take this into account. During a short fight of Halls of Valor I pulled 550k dps for 554 iLvl. As far as the other higher iLvl gear that I have in the bank for getting into Mythic Dungeon groups I'll have to run the sim. 

It's great that Mark's cooldown lines up with Avatar, though its duration is 5 seconds shorter. It is also dependent on having perfect uptime on CS during the duration, and you're only going to have Warbreaker for every other use in case it all goes awry. If you only get 8 seconds out of the 15 with the CS debuff up then you've lost an awful lot of your damage. If you use this trinket, you're probably going to want to save Warbreaker to use with your Avatar rotation.

Edited by Tarazet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance further through Mythic Nighthold and then onto ToS.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:
      All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events.
      Wed: TOV HC
      Thurs: Nighthold HC
      Fri: Mythic + night
      Sat: Nighthold N
      Sun: Gear up sunday + Nighthold HC
      Mon: Emerald Nightmare HC
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday
      As we establish ourselves people are welcome to come and go to any of the events with no pressure to attend all, With raiders gaining the benefit and support of the guild bank to maintain and keep us going throughout the raid.
      Social or normal members will be able to join on any of the farm raids, alts also welcome. All requirements for the raids are posted in the calendar (ilvl+dps).
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Progression:
      7/7M, 2/3M (3/3H), 7/10M (10/10H)
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Swing Healer - Druid, H Priest, Monk
      Ranged - Elemental Shaman, Hunter
      Melee - Plate DPS
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/ZQPvm6KYcqEkzTpz1
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Warriorferet#1935 or send a message or in-game mail to Elissa-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By Xanah
      Guild: Dawn of the Dead | http://www.dotd.org   Faction: Horde | Server: Zul'jin (PvE) | Timezone: EST   Current Progression: 9/10M Nighthold | 2/3M Trial of Valor | 7/7M Emerald Nightmare   We've been raiding max size raids continuously since WoW has been released and are the only guild to have done so here on Zul'jin. We have strong leadership, no drama, and plans to keep raiding for years to come. Unlike many guilds, we're not recruiting for the short term, and we don't over-recruit.   Website: www.dotd.org
        Raid Times: Our schedule is 8-11 EST Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.   Needs: We are a small guild, and we expect high attendance. As such, we recruit people to raid, and desire people who can step in and contribute immediately. We don’t recruit people to sit around, so all spots are for raiders who can expect to be in most every raid.   We are currently looking to add skilled and reliable:   1-2 Melee or Ranged DPS
      1 Healer
      High: Holy Paladin
      Medium: Disc Priest
      *ALL exceptional applicants will be considered regardless of the class.   What we ask of you:   Effort: Not all applicants come from highly progressed guilds, and that’s okay, but it does mean that you need to be prepared. We recruit the player, not the gear, but we do ask that you have some current experience and be a minimum iLvl of 885. You need to have the best gear available to you, (BoE, Crafted) with gems and top end enchants. You also need to be able to display an understanding of your class mechanics, role in a raid, and ability to learn new fights.   Attitude: It’s a game. We play for fun. How you fit in with the guild is taken very seriously. We’re a bunch of mostly 18-30 guys and girls who have fun playing together. While we have a good time, we also know when it’s time to buckle down and work hard.   Skill: The best way to determine skill is to see you in a raid. Because we don’t wish to have anyone transfer that we’re not serious about, be able to express your knowledge of your class and why you’re an exceptional player who would be an asset and is worth a shot. Gear will come with time. Skill will not. Impress us with your knowledge of your class and gameplay mechanics. Feel free to share any logs, theorycrafting, or other work you've done.   Commitment: We make a commitment to you, and ask you to do the same to us. A raid takes a team of more than 20 individuals working together. We rely on you to show up to raids, research your class and new fights, respect your fellow players, and notify us when you are unavailable. You rely on us for gear, experience, and coordination. It's a large investment of our time to train and gear new players, and we ask the same investment on your part so that we can each benefit.   We have a variety of informational resources available to prospective applicants on our web site: http://www.dotd.org-- please refer to our "Applications" forum for detailed information. Also feel free to visit us on WoWProgresss for more information and kill videos! http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...wn+of+the+Dead   Should you wish to speak to someone in-game, please don't hesitate to reach out to an officer directly, whisper Xanah (Xana#1662) or Jeare (Jeare#1759).   We look forward to hearing from you soon!