NasharStormrage

Arms Warrior DPS Trinkets

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

So,

Which trinket should I be using (obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.

I have the 820 iLvl trinket from a timewarped dungeon and that with heroism, Battle Cry, Potion, trinket use, could provide an extreme amount of dps burst which is also on a 1.5m CD. It seems like an obvious choice but I wanted to hear any thoughts or opinions that people have since I'll be losing 500+ static mastery. Also, the use effect gives around 20-24% increased damage during colossus smash. 

Thoughts?... 

WarriorArmsTrinkets.PNG

Edited by NasharStormrage

Good morning, Nashar;

8 hours ago, NasharStormrage said:

obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.

I'd be careful with this assumption. While Mastery is desired and does have a higher stat weight than strength, you do not want to completely throw out strength all together. If the item level gap is significant or the strength value is significant, it can be better than a piece with mastery.

In your specific case the first comparison would be the consideration of trading 545 Mastery for 933 Strength.

Without going much further into the math, as it can be very boring to some people, I'll put your answer straight forward: use the latest version of SimulationCraft to see which trinket will theoretically pull out more numbers for you. My guess, just looking at the two, is that Mark of Khardros will be better.

The numbers don't bore me at all in fact I find it very interesting. But, I will run a SimulationCraft on it. My thought process was that I'm not only trading +545 mastery for +933 strength, I'm able to pop the 4100 mastery on a 1.5min cooldown during heroism, Battle Cry, and Avatar. That increase in mastery is 23% more damage. Hopefully SimulationCraft will take this into account. During a short fight of Halls of Valor I pulled 550k dps for 554 iLvl. As far as the other higher iLvl gear that I have in the bank for getting into Mythic Dungeon groups I'll have to run the sim. 

It's great that Mark's cooldown lines up with Avatar, though its duration is 5 seconds shorter. It is also dependent on having perfect uptime on CS during the duration, and you're only going to have Warbreaker for every other use in case it all goes awry. If you only get 8 seconds out of the 15 with the CS debuff up then you've lost an awful lot of your damage. If you use this trinket, you're probably going to want to save Warbreaker to use with your Avatar rotation.

Edited by Tarazet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pizzawarlock
      <In Cats We Trust> is a casual leveling guild that is recruiting new players of all levels to join us for ridiculous shenanigans and good times. Our raid team is also looking for new recruits! We raid Saturdays and Sundays 9:30 EST. Looking for heals and dps. We are friendly, helpful and love having a good time. Our members dabble in a bit of everything and are friendly to all types of players. Join us today!
      Contact mochi#1626
    • By weedle
      1. can i do comparable ( to subtlety ) damage as assasination rogue? what is difference in %?
      2. shadowcraft shows me that subterfuge is 25k dps more than nightstalker, is it real?
      3. simcraft shows me, that my dps now as assasination is 25-30k less than subtlety ( 55 and 59 artifact level ), will it be the same gap when i get 59 assa artifact, or subtlety damage is always higher?
    • By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 8/9 H ToS....  Consistant and Dependable members! (Who can handle cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We use MUMBLE voice server, it is required and no exceptions!
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366
      ***Newest video highlighting some of our girls!****
      (We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=247413