Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

Overwatch Widowmaker

6 posts in this topic

Why are headshots never mentioned?

Are headshots doing more dmg? Perhaps they have multiplayer 1.3, 1.5 or so?

Thank you for pointing this out. It's probably worth talking about in a separate article as it applies to many heroes, but I think Widowmaker warrants her own mention, so I will add something.

To be honest, though, I didn't mention them initially because in most cases where it would be useful for Widowmaker to land a headshot, it's just not realistic to expect to do so. For example, trying to headshot a Lucio or a Mercy (or even worse, a Tracer or Genji if they have a shield buffing their health) to kill them in one shot instead of two is extremely difficult given the high movement speed in Overwatch. It might be feasible for the players with twitch-like aim and pro accuracy, but I don't think it is for anyone else, not even remotely. There are exceptions, though, so I'll mention it smile.png

Are headshots doing more dmg? Perhaps they have multiplayer 1.3, 1.5 or so?

Headshots in Overwatch deal double damage (so 300 damage in the case of Widowmaker).

Genji's HP is incorrectly noted as 150 in the guide.

In particular, it is very difficult to hit fast-moving heroes like Tracer and Genji. In part to compensate for this, these two heroes also only have 150 health, meaning that if you do land a fully charged up shot on them, you will kill them.

However, against non-tanks, the 75 damage that the mine does can make a big difference. This is half the health pool of the two heroes who are most likely to flank you, namely Tracer and Genji. 

9 hours ago, Guest raikku said:

Genji's HP is incorrectly noted as 150 in the guide.

Thanks for pointing this out, we're fixing it right now!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0