FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Overwatch Widowmaker

Why are headshots never mentioned?

Are headshots doing more dmg? Perhaps they have multiplayer 1.3, 1.5 or so?

Why are headshots never mentioned?

Thank you for pointing this out. It's probably worth talking about in a separate article as it applies to many heroes, but I think Widowmaker warrants her own mention, so I will add something.

To be honest, though, I didn't mention them initially because in most cases where it would be useful for Widowmaker to land a headshot, it's just not realistic to expect to do so. For example, trying to headshot a Lucio or a Mercy (or even worse, a Tracer or Genji if they have a shield buffing their health) to kill them in one shot instead of two is extremely difficult given the high movement speed in Overwatch. It might be feasible for the players with twitch-like aim and pro accuracy, but I don't think it is for anyone else, not even remotely. There are exceptions, though, so I'll mention it smile.png

Are headshots doing more dmg? Perhaps they have multiplayer 1.3, 1.5 or so?

Headshots in Overwatch deal double damage (so 300 damage in the case of Widowmaker).

Guest raikku

Genji's HP is incorrectly noted as 150 in the guide.

In particular, it is very difficult to hit fast-moving heroes like Tracer and Genji. In part to compensate for this, these two heroes also only have 150 health, meaning that if you do land a fully charged up shot on them, you will kill them.

However, against non-tanks, the 75 damage that the mine does can make a big difference. This is half the health pool of the two heroes who are most likely to flank you, namely Tracer and Genji. 

9 hours ago, Guest raikku said:

Genji's HP is incorrectly noted as 150 in the guide.

Thanks for pointing this out, we're fixing it right now!

Guest Illyasviel

I'm fmp a widow main, not high ranked though but i consider myself decent on her and i'm not really okay with the fact that she's not viable as an attack character. She had a time when she was not viable at all (after her first nerf a few months ago). Now she's had her scope speed increaded she's become able to play attack. One of the most common mistakes people make about her is only seeing her as a counter to bastion and torb due to her range of fire. However her objective isn't only that. She's one of the most efficient hero when it comes to killing supports and her main job is going to precent them from playing. Basically a widows goal will be first to take off the ennemy widow > the mercy> the ana. Having this important goal in mind is the key to be equaly efficient in attack as in defense. Moreover in the attack position she benefits from the effect of suprise for the routes she can take to pick her targets are more numerous than in defense. This is even more noticeable when the ennemy team runs a defense widow. The attacker has the advantage on that. To finish with she's a hero with an infinite level of progress due to her efficiency depending on the player's own performance. 90% of her gameplay consists in hiting those headshots on the target which are only acquiered by practicing and having a 100% headshot accuracy is impossible (not on movements controled by a human brain). So basically you can personnaly always be more accurate and therefore be more efficient. 

Can I request an update to this  guide?

Hasn't had a material update in 2 years and I think it would be really valuable as her position in the meta has really changed.

Thanks!

On 9/25/2018 at 7:27 PM, ryesmont said:

Can I request an update to this  guide?

Hasn't had a material update in 2 years and I think it would be really valuable as her position in the meta has really changed.

Thanks!

We are in the process of updating the guides, however, due to the length and depth of these guides, it takes a lot of time to update one to the new layout and with up-to-date information. Widow will be updated as well, but right now I have no time frame to give you. Sorry to keep you waiting.

• Like 1