Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zadina

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: A Dark Recipe

11 posts in this topic

2jg8b55.jpg

This week's Tavern Brawl appears for the first time and it is called A Dark Recipe.

For the 61st Tavern Brawl, you pick a class and you receive the equivalent Old Gods deck recipe (the third one) for the class you have chosen. This is a great Brawl for new players or for people that don't have all the necessary cards for these decks.

Here are the deck recipes:

• Warrior: Serve the Old Gods (C'Thun)
  • Shaman: Minion Evolution (Evolve)
  • Rogue: Echoes of Death (Deathrattle/N'Zoth)
  • Paladin: Shields Up! (Divine Shield)
  • Hunter: Whispers of Death (Deathrattle/N'Zoth)
  • Druid: The Ancient Gods (C'Thun)
  • Warlock: Ancient Hordes (Zoo)
  • Mage: Madness and Magic (Yogg)
  • Priest: C'Thun's Clutch (guess what)

It would have been better releasing this Brawl a bit after the Whispers of the Old Gods expansion, instead of right before the new Karazhan adventure. It's still nice, though, that we got a new Brawl, even though it's not a particularly innovative one.

Good luck!

Posted (edited)

Although it is fun playing with all the WotoG cards as they were intended, it also feels like I am doing a tavern brawl which is almost the same as the metagame...

But for players with less 'disposable' income, it's a great way to see what they could have played the past months :D After the brawl they can move on to a new metagame where all the new cards are relatively free (as long as you make enough gold to purchase the adventures)

Edited by Tectonn
1 person likes this

It's hilarious how priest is still shit in the brawl.

1 person likes this

A skill-reliant premade brawl? This is what I've been waiting for, I love it. I don't really care that it's not that innovative because blizzard's last inovation killed priest (again). I will definitely try all the recipes. From what I've tried so far, shaman was really fun even though I got Magma Rager from evolving Totem Golem.

Evolve can be hilarious. I had an Evolve inspired lethal with Thing from Below into Antonidas for a fireball-induced finish.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

A skill-reliant premade brawl? This is what I've been waiting for, I love it. I don't really care that it's not that innovative because blizzard's last inovation killed priest (again). I will definitely try all the recipes. From what I've tried so far, shaman was really fun even though I got Magma Rager from evolving Totem Golem.

Following this strategy as well, first try them all, to deduct evolve shaman has the most replay value.

Upside of this brawl above meta standard, is the fact you have no dragon warriors, face hunters or pirate warriors mauling your face, only competition is the everlasting zoo lock :)

Edited by Tectonn
1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Tectonn said:

Following this strategy as well, first try them all, to deduct evolve shaman has the most replay value.

Upside of this brawl above meta standard, is the fact you have no dragon warriors, face hunters or pirate warriors mauling your face, only competition is the everlasting zoo lock :)

Everyone I face seems to be playing mage. Luckily they're not very scary with their only threat being Antonidas and shaman has a load of ways to outvalue them.

Players use the mage deck becauss of Yogg-Saron, Hope's End. They want to play that card because it's fun, but they don't want to craft it because it's not as competitive as other legendaries, such as Archmage Antonidas or Sylvanas Windrunner. This brawl gives them a great opportunity to try it without having to craft it, which is pretty cool.

2 people like this

This has to be the most boring brawl ever. It's like you want to take a break from meta game and you end up playing a meta game again. 

Is it just me, or are the results of that Old God's cooking a bit all over the place?

Don't change your day job, C'Thoonie!

On 11/08/2016 at 10:04 PM, Brando said:

This has to be the most boring brawl ever. It's like you want to take a break from meta game and you end up playing a meta game again. 

On the contrary, the brawl is excellent for lower tier and F2P players to try out meta decks they never have the dust to make.