Archmage Antonidas — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Archmage Antonidas is a Mage-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Archmage Antonidas is a powerful card. It is usually used to generate extra damage from decks that will get to a late-game, and which do not want to waste too many deck slots on damage dealing cards. If Antonidas is not killed on the turn which it is played, it will usually be enough to win a game, as thes generate more Fireballs when the Archmage is on the board.
Archmage Antonidas is usually played in slower Constructed decks as a win condition. By playing Antonidas in a Control deck, you free up spaces that would otherwise have to be devoted to dealing damage to your opponent. In decks with Open the Waygate, Antonidas can provide a win condition by working in conjunction with Sorcerer's Apprentices and copies of the Apprentice to reduce the cost of the s to 0 Mana. This sets up a combination that deals infinite damage! Antonidas will also sometimes see play in very aggressive Mage decks, as a way to convert early-game spells that are drawn too late to have a big impact into Fireballs.
Archmage Antonidas is a very powerful card in Arena. Although it will sometimes be played on curve, a 5/7 minion can be difficult to deal with. On the occasions where it can be delayed until you can cast a spell on the same turn, the additionalis a very big swing in your favour. If Antonidas lives, then the game will usually end in your favour soon after.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: Murder at Castle Nathria
- How to Find Out You've Been Invited to Beta Testing?
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Tombs of Terror Elise Starseeker
- Naga Ramp Druid Deck
- Holy Paladin Deck
- Relic Demon Hunter Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck