Table of Contents
Archmage Antonidas is a Mage-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Archmage Antonidas is an extremely potent finisher for the Mage class. Although it requires very careful deck construction in order to ensure you gain value from it, in the right deck, it can swing even seemingly unwinnable games in your favour.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Archmage Antonidas is used in two main Mage deck archetypes. Firstly, the Tempo Mage deck, which looks to use it as a finisher, generating Fireballs from cheap Spells like Arcane Missiles and Mirror Image. Secondly, Archmage Antonidas also sees play in the Freeze Mage deck, which uses Emperor Thaurissan to discount multiple spells and unleash devastating combos.
In Arena, Archmage Antonidas is strong, but not as strong as in Constructed. You will often be forced to play it on curve as a 7-drop and hope that it survives until the next turn in order to take over the game. This is less than ideal, but since drafting a deck with strong synergy is difficult in Arena, is often the best way to play the card.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Cheap Mage Standard
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???