Archmage Antonidas — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Archmage Antonidas is a Mage-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Archmage Antonidas is a powerful card. It is usually used to generate extra damage from decks that will get to a late-game, and which do not want to waste too many deck slots on damage dealing cards. If Antonidas is not killed on the turn which it is played, it will usually be enough to win a game, as the Fireballs generate more Fireballs when the Archmage is on the board.
2. Constructed Play
Archmage Antonidas is usually played in slower Constructed decks as a win condition. By playing Antonidas in a Control deck, you free up spaces that would otherwise have to be devoted to dealing damage to your opponent. In decks with Open the Waygate, Antonidas can provide a win condition by working in conjunction with Sorcerer's Apprentices and copies of the Apprentice to reduce the cost of the Fireballs to 0 Mana. This sets up a combination that deals infinite damage! Antonidas will also sometimes see play in very aggressive Mage decks, as a way to convert early-game spells that are drawn too late to have a big impact into Fireballs.
Archmage Antonidas is a very powerful card in Arena. Although it will sometimes be played on curve, a 5/7 minion can be difficult to deal with. On the occasions where it can be delayed until you can cast a spell on the same turn, the additional Fireball is a very big swing in your favour. If Antonidas lives, then the game will usually end in your favour soon after.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Neirea's SSC Exodia Mage Quest Deck
- Exodia Mage Quest Deck
- Barnes Tempo Mage Deck
- Seohyun628's Dreamhack Montreal Exodia Mage Quest Deck
- APXVoid's Rank 18 Secret Mage Deck
- GinjaNinja's Exodia Mage Quest Deck
- Wild Mech Mage Deck
- Wild Tempo Mage Deck
- Wild Malygos Freeze Mage Deck
- Freeze Mage Deck
- Mid-Budget Omnotron Defense System Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- High Justice Grimstone Freeze Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please