Table of Contents
Archmage Antonidas is a Mage-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Archmage Antonidas is an extremely potent finisher for the Mage class. Although it requires very careful deck construction in order to ensure you gain value from it, in the right deck, it can swing even seemingly unwinnable games in your favour.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Archmage Antonidas is used in two main Mage deck archetypes. Firstly, the Tempo Mage deck, which looks to use it as a finisher, generating Fireballs from cheap Spells like Arcane Missiles and Mirror Image. Secondly, Archmage Antonidas also sees play in the Freeze Mage deck, which uses Emperor Thaurissan to discount multiple spells and unleash devastating combos.
In Arena, Archmage Antonidas is strong, but not as strong as in Constructed. You will often be forced to play it on curve as a 7-drop and hope that it survives until the next turn in order to take over the game. This is less than ideal, but since drafting a deck with strong synergy is difficult in Arena, is often the best way to play the card.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Freeze Mage Standard Un'Goro Deck
- Barnes Tempo Mage Standard Un'Goro Deck
- Open the Waygate Antonidas OTK Mage Quest Standard Un'Goro Deck
- Tempo Mage Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Malygos Freeze Mage Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Mech Mage Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Mid-Budget Omnotron Defense System Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- High Justice Grimstone Freeze Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Ben Brode on Promo Cards
- Brian Holinka Leaves World of Warcraft Team
- Destiny 2 PC Release Date, Pre-Order Announced
- New Job Posting Hints at Remastering of Old Titles
- Possible Return of the Lich King Expansion
- EU Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- US Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- Mulligans Episode 4: Art Gallery
- Mill Rogue - questions
- Miracle Dragon Priest Standard
- Aggro Rogue Standard
- A Preist with a meme for a dream
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Average amount of dust / cardpack
- Handlock Warlock Un'Goro Standard
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists