Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
positiv2

Best duo lane comps?

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm still kind of new to Heroes of the Storm and I would like to know what are the strongest or best hero combinations for duo lanes, or is it impossible to say without knowing the map?
Difficulty does not matter (with the exception of TLV) as both my friend and I are experienced from other MOBAs.

I know that every hero guide has a list of heroes that have synergy with them, but I don't know what are the best synergies in the entire game.

15 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Hi,

I'm still kind of new to Heroes of the Storm and I would like to know what are the strongest or best hero combinations for duo lanes, or is it impossible to say without knowing the map?
Difficulty does not matter (with the exception of TLV) as both my friend and I are experienced from other MOBAs.

I know that every hero guide has a list of heroes that have synergy with them, but I don't know what are the best synergies in the entire game.

Generally, any tank and support works well as a duo. If you want a proper list though:

• Sonya + Rehgar
  • Sonya + Lt. Morales
  • Tassadar + Illidan (INSANELY strong, but you gotta be good at them)
  • Muradin + Tyrande
  • Tyrael + Greymane (Tyrael is basically a supporty tank)
  • Li-Ming + Xul
1 person likes this

Thanks. Illidank is my main hero and I really enjoy playing him, so we will try the Tassadar+Illidan for those 1337 wombo combo plays.

Also, any good hero trios for Battlefield of Eternity (or possibly for Haunted Mines, should it return to rotation)?

My favorites would have to be:

Greymane + Lt. Morales

Nazeebo + Kael'Thas

Chen + (Anyone who can heal) lol

On 8/26/2016 at 11:44 AM, positiv2 said:

Thanks. Illidank is my main hero and I really enjoy playing him, so we will try the Tassadar+Illidan for those 1337 wombo combo plays.

Also, any good hero trios for Battlefield of Eternity (or possibly for Haunted Mines, should it return to rotation)?

Seems to me the best heroes on Battlefield are ones that can do lots of damage to the immortals when they're dueling. Heroes like Greymane, Jaina, Li Ming, or Hammer. Map control/mobility is less important on that map since it's small and there are only two lanes. Pushing is similarly less important since taking an immortal pushes plenty.

btw I loathe Battlefield, and it's certainly not one of my best maps, so take my advice with a grain of salt heh.

On 8/26/2016 at 5:44 PM, positiv2 said:

Trios will depend on how hard you can pressure. A passive trio can still get dominated by a very aggressive duo. Generally, you can dominate lanes with a support (Morales/Brightwing/Tassadar) + tank (Muradin/Diablo) + big pressure hero (Sonya/Illidan).

You want a comp that forces the enemy to fight, like with Muradin's stun, Diablo's knockback, Sonya's grab etc.

Your support needs to be able to either allow you to overextend for kills (Morales) or have serious pressure themselves (Tassadar/Tyrande).

It's also worth noting that you can use a trio that features a big pushing hero like Sylvanas. This isn't the type of trio that forces kills and fights, it instead forces huge tower pressure and requires a lane rotation from the enemy team. It's basically a huge PITA.

1 person likes this

On August 25, 2016 at 0:33 PM, positiv2 said:

Hi,

I believe this is mentioned in some of your other guides, but Tyrande is very good with any other bruiser with crowd control. You can even go on the fragile side (She works great with The Butcher because of his guaranteed stun), but Arthas, Sonya, and anyone else which can get a stun to help her land Lunar FlareLunar Flare works great. Her vulnerable effect is very powerful as well and helps with securing kills.

1 person likes this

On 11/23/2016 at 1:49 AM, Niteshadow said:

I believe this is mentioned in some of your other guides, but Tyrande is very good with any other bruiser with crowd control. You can even go on the fragile side (She works great with The Butcher because of his guaranteed stun), but Arthas, Sonya, and anyone else which can get a stun to help her land Lunar FlareLunar Flare works great. Her vulnerable effect is very powerful as well and helps with securing kills.

Tyrande is perfect for anything that requires a skillshot. If Tyrande lands her stun, you can simply unload everything your partner has (looking at you Li-Ming!).