Numestor

Advice for my Gear / AoE DPS Rotation

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I started playing again with legion and would need some advice regarding my gear.

I just wanted to know if there is a maximum value for crit that you stack up to?

Here is a link to the armory:

Armory

At the moment, I have the following stats ingame (not buffed):

28387 Int

58% Crit

7% Haste

16% Mastery

Should I just further stack and maximize my crit value? Or is there a cap where the stat priority changes?

I think my single target DPS is fine so far. But when I see my AoE DPS then I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Regarding the DPS of a DH or a Monk it seems that I'm dealing not that much AoE Damage. Not sure if other saw the same.

My rotation for 3+ Mobs:

Living Bomb on CD

Phoenix Flames if available

Cast Fireball, use Fireblast to gain procs

When procc avaiilable, use flamestrike

I repeat this rotation until there are less then 3 mobs. At this point I just start to cast Fireball and use my proccs / fireblast if ready

Anyone got some tips? Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks a lot in advance for all answers. As I am not a native speaker, there might be some mistakes in the text

Cheers

numestor

Edited by Numestor

The guide for fire mages is quite confusing here in it it states Meteor is good for AoE, but also that Cinderstorm is good for multiple targets.

My personal findings find that Cinderstorm is actually OP even in single target fights, if aimed right.  I'd recommend on fights with adds that are at least semi stacked, taking Cinderstorm.  Id open with living bomb, blinking up next to them, D Roaring, FB X2, Flamestrike, Cinderstorm.

Currently, crit maintains it's value due to Pyretic IncantationPyretic Incantation. Keep stacking Crit as much as you can.

If you want further help with the rotation, I'd suggest posting a log of some sort in an AoE situation.

3 hours ago, QuasiYolo said:

The guide for fire mages is quite confusing here in it it states Meteor is good for AoE, but also that Cinderstorm is good for multiple targets.

Not quite sure where the confusion stems from, but:

Kindling Icon Kindling is the go-to talent for raiding. A large percentage of Fire damage derives from your Combustion Icon Combustion, making this talent an imperative for maximizing ouput. Cinderstorm Icon Cinderstorm is strong on fights where you can regularly hit many targets, or where you would not net an extra Combustion from Kindling Icon Kindling. Meteor Icon Meteor is a good choice in situations where burst priority damage or AoE is most important.

• Kindling is your main talent for raiding and general encounters in EN. It is the strongest ST talent assuming you get an extra combustion.
  • If you cannot get an extra combustion in the fight due to duration, use Cinderstorm for Single Target.
  • Cinderstorm can be used for periods of damage where you can constantly hit targets with the spell (works on 2 targets, even).
  • Meteor is good for high burst, such as when an add or group of mobs NEEDS to die quickly, or when you are required to deal AoE damage. This is generally considered to be 3+ targets.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I will be trying Cinderstorm within the next runs, will post a short feedback what I prefered (at the moment I was using meteor)

Thanks for your input regarding the crit value Blainie, I will be stacking more crit in that case.

Just another thought, I prefered crit / mastery at the moment as it is written in the guide.

However, is it ok that the haste value is 10% lower than the mastery? I'm thinking about to try to get some Crit / Haste items so that mastery / haste are little bit more balanced.

However, I'm not sure if this would be a good idea splitting between those "secondary" stats or if I should clearly go further for crit / mastery and just "ignore" the haste value.

Thanks all for your inputs.

Cheers

Numestor

Edited by Numestor

Sorry for the late reply! I think you can comfortably keep stacking Crit/Mastery, honestly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cabony
      Our guild <Do it For Practice> is looking for a possible merge. We have been clearing content since release but hit a roadblock lately. We easily have the capacity to clear hard content, but we are just lacking a serious amount of players. This leads to other players leaving because of lack of players and the vicious cycle continues.
      The people in our guild are all extremely friendly and willing to help each other out. This is what kept our guild alive for this long, the base core is really strong. Having to pug players for mythic raids has just become a real big issue because it leads to a lot of time lost while all we want to do is just progress through hard content.
      Currently we are basically in need of a big amount of dps players, could make room for a tank and some healers if necessary.  The people we do have are all extremely geared. The average item level of our raiders is 880.
      The only way I see this problem solved is by simply merging with another guild that is experiencing the same kind of issues.
      We are an 18+ guild, most of us are 20+.
      We are open to many ideas, just talk to me about it.
      Prefer if you add me on real id, Matthijs #2267 or otherwise in-game, Cabony.
      Thank you for reading.
    • By Cabony
      Hello guys, Do it For Practice is recruiting on Stormscale EU, Horde side.
      We killed Nythendra, Ursoc and Elrethe on mythic and trials of valor heroic odyn and guarm.  Our next goals are the dragons and eye mythic.
      The current raiding days are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7-11 server time. Besides normal raids we also have regular mythic+ groups going.
      The age requirement is 18+. Most of us are 20+ currently, I am 26 myself.
      We use the RC Lootcouncil addon for our loot distribution, so we can gear our players as well as possible and let the least amount of loot go to waste. We strive by the philosophy of making the entire guild stronger as a whole, not just some players. This is so we can have the strongest group possible to continue progressing trough mythic content.
      I am sure the players we currently have are more than capable of clearing most mythic content currently out. We just need some more players to help us in achieving our goals.
      We are currently looking for some dps in the form of, but not limited to: Shadow Priests, A Hunter,  WW Monk, Warlock or Warrior. Having more than one playable spec is extremely valuable here!
      Please be at least 865+ before you apply, we are past the point of progressing trough easy content. You need to be able to hold your own. However we do have a social rank, if your friends wish to join us as well!
      Interested?
      Add Matthijs#2267, IGN = Cabony
    • By maviebris
      Hey everyone. I'm worried that my time invested in BM is for not. However, with the changes coming to MM, my thoughts are that BM may still be a viable raiding spec. I enjoy BM because of its freedom of movement.  A dead hunter does no damage, and that my motto. With that being said, I want to be sure I'm maximising my damage output. I'm currently waiting on some drops, namely trinkets, which I've been incredibly unlucky with, but other than that, I'm geming for mastery, and enchanting agi where needed. Currently, in raids, with flasks and potions, I've been ranging in dps from about 265-310, depending on the fight.  Given my gear, I feel like I should be doing more. I'm unsure if I'm hitting a ceiling with BM, or if it is something I'm doing wrong. I've been following the standard rotation posted on icy-veins, and even under normalized conditions on training dummies (no flasks etc...), under 2-3 min rotations, I've been peaking at around 270k dps. Any thoughts on this?

Here is a link to my armory. 
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eldrethalas/Maviebris/simple

• By lybrewa
      Preface:
      - First post on Ice Veins - only recently started using the site but, omg, savior
      - Been playing Warcraft for about 4 years, off and on... still consider myself a newb
      - Boosted a blood elf mage to 100, thinking I'd only use it for farming
      - Got myself all three artifacts and up to 110 as frost

So, I got sick of the low dps that frost mage was providing in dungeons and was getting killed frequently. Others in my parties would get very frustrated with me. I didn't blame them.
      Today I switched to Fire mage. Of course, I'm not familiar with all the spells but WOW. I tried killing some withered in Suramar just to test it out and they demolished me. Ice Barrier was always my go-to as Frost and if my shield went down before I could recast, I'd cast Mirror Image to take the damage for me.
      (I HATE that mages have no in-combat heal)
      Looking for help. Tell me if you need me to post anything. Like I said; total newbie. Most acronyms frighten me and there are lots of terms I don't know, lol.
      I'm thisclose to finishing Pathfinder Part 1. Should probably stick to Frost until I get it, but I would like to go Fire after that. Preferably without dying.
    • By Codlydodly
      Aloha,
      I have been raiding with ye olde guildies, but alas my dps has been at the bottom of the pile which I expect with my ilvl as they are all much higher but i do feel like i should be doing more than what I am.
      please take a look at the logs ( https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LGQfTc47XwkdtYzj#fight=1&type=summary&source=16 ) and help me figure out where i am going wrong.

Thanks in advance!